PDA

View Full Version : Cowher Not Interested in Stains HC Job

Jooser
12-29-2008, 01:13 PM
I assume some have already read this, but here it is from ESPN.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3797518

exerpt from article....

"...Lerner, who's been expected to make a run at former Steelers coach Bill Cowher, said Monday that Cowher told him he was not interested in joining the Browns...."

agdci981
12-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Browns once again get COWnedHER. :brownssuck

AkronSteel
12-29-2008, 01:19 PM
BWHAHAHAHAHA!!! This is great, all I have been hearing around here is how the Browns are going to get Cowher and he is going to turn around that pathetic organization. I told everyone that would listen including some on this board that it would never happen. Can we please quit hearing how Cowher bought property in Westlake or Parma or whatever other god forsaken piece of crap little town he is moving to next. Cowher has too much on the line for his legacy to come to Cleveland and be touched by this disease of a town and organization.....Okay I'm done now, but dang that felt good!!! :D

Jooser
12-29-2008, 01:26 PM
:lol:

They'll never catch a break. Their best bet is to bring back Marty Chokenheimer, that is if he'd consider going back to that trash heap. :brownssuck

RKSteel
12-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Talk here in NY is getting Cowher for the Jets. Hope that doesn't happen.

AkronSteel
12-29-2008, 01:33 PM

I really don't think the guy will coach anywhere this year. I just don't think he really wants to take that step back into the coaching arena at this point. I think he may end up coaching somewhere starting in 2010, but I just don't think there is a situation that he would want to step into. :2c

MeetJoeGreene
12-29-2008, 02:08 PM
:brownssuck

:Clap :Clap :Clap

Thank you Bill, for not going to that Stains.

Steelgal
12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I think Bill is enjoying the 1-2 day/week job and who could blame him. Yes, he could make more money coaching, but the grind week in and out takes a toll. Maybe once his daughters are all done with school (college included) he'll come back, but I don't foresee it in the near future (unless the Carolina job comes open, which isn't going to happen this year).

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 02:34 PM

I really don't think the guy will coach anywhere this year. I just don't think he really wants to take that step back into the coaching arena at this point. I think he may end up coaching somewhere starting in 2010, but I just don't think there is a situation that he would want to step into. :2c

Right on. Every job that opens up or even has the potential to open up is going to have rumors that Cowher is going there. Let's see so far its been: Carolina, Washington, NYGiants (remember last year when Coughlin was struggling they were already lining Cowher up), Browns (ha), Cowboys (double ha), Miami, Atlanta, Jets...did I miss anyone?

Schottenheimer is pretty close with him and continues to maintain that over lunch recently that he made it clear he is really happy with his current endeavor and that he isn't going to come back this year. Maybe next year or the year after...

stlrz d
12-29-2008, 03:23 PM
He said he doesn't want to return to coaching for anyone in 2009. How many timed does the poor guy have to say it???

Jooser
12-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Right on Shieky, there are rumors upon rumors :Blah . The really sweet part about this one is how it is breaking the Clowns fans' hearts. LMAO! Way to go Cowher, he still owns the Stains!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I got into an email war with a browns fan this morning (he's not even a friend of mine but a friend of a friend who wrote email to everyone about how happy he was the Bungles finished ahead of the Browns...wow that deserves its own thread right there).

Anyway, I mentioned the only way the Stains would start to get better is if Cowher went there. He didn't want him and went on to say there's no crying in football. I proceeded to reply well he may have cried, but how do explain the fact that your qb is a ball grabbing, mustard loving, YMCA performing h0mo. In addition to including all of those pictures of Brady Queen in unusual photographic capture. I never did hear back from him after that....

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2008, 05:11 PM
On the DVE pregame show yesterday, they talked about how Cowher had only two teams on his "absolutely no interest under any circumstances" list regarding a potential return to coaching. Those teams? Oakland and Cleveland, of course. :P

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
And below those teams under the category of "stay away from like a nuclear wasteland" is Detroit. How could the Lions NOT be on his list....I question the reliability of that source they used...

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2008, 05:32 PM
And below those teams under the category of "stay away from like a nuclear wasteland" is Detroit. How could the Lions NOT be on his list....I question the reliability of that source they used...

I'd coach Detroit. At this point, if you get 2 wins, they would throw you a ticker tape parade. :lol:

NorthCoast
12-29-2008, 05:49 PM
And why should it surprise anyone??

Would you want to be an HC of a team that has to face LeBeau's defense twice a season without a QB named Brady (Tom not Quinn)? I think Cowher knows what he would be in for if he took the job.

JAR
12-29-2008, 07:22 PM
December 29, 2008
Report: Cowher willing to talk with Jets

The Cleveland Browns couldn't entice Bill Cowher back to coaching, but do the Jets New York Jets have a chance with the former Steelers coach?

According to a report in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, most likely not. Cowher turned down the Browns, saying that he was not interested in returning to the NFL in 2009.

"I got word that he was available for an informal conversation because he was very aware I had him at the top of the list, getting involved with the Browns," Browns owner Randy Lerner told the paper. "He wanted to tell me personally that he did not anticipate coaching in 2009. I wouldn't say Bill Cowher was the first choice, but I would say Cowher was the clear, no-questions-asked, guy you wanted to ask where he stood."

Sources have told ESPN 1050 AM, that Cowher would be willing to talk to the Jets about the position, but that his plan is to stay with CBS at least through next season. According to the report he just re-did his contract with CBS for more money next year.

The Browns, who fired Romeo Crennel yesterday, might be interested in pursuing former Jets coach Eric Mangini according to the report. Mangini was in the Browns organization at one point.

Lerner met with Cowher in New York on Saturday night where he does the CBS pre-game show on Sunday afternoons.

"The explanation that he gave was that he was very focused on his kids and his life in North Carolina, and the way he's living in a noncoaching or, if you will, a civilian existence and that he wasn't finished with that," Lerner said according to the AP.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/jets/arc ... her_w.html (http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/jets/archives/2008/12/report_cowher_w.html)

Jooser
12-29-2008, 07:37 PM

I'd coach Detroit. At this point, if you get 2 wins, they would throw you a ticker tape parade. :lol:
:lol:

stlrz d
12-29-2008, 08:44 PM

Look how long Wayne Fontes stuck around and made some good cash! :P

NorthCoast
12-29-2008, 10:22 PM
These owners amaze me. Miami could be pissing away $12M to Parcells if they sell the team....and yet we hear about teams strapped to pay vets what they deserve.

Sugar
12-29-2008, 11:28 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":1yr7cvmb]And below those teams under the category of "stay away from like a nuclear wasteland" is Detroit. How could the Lions NOT be on his list....I question the reliability of that source they used...

Look how long Wayne Fontes stuck around and made some good cash! :P[/quote:1yr7cvmb]

Besides, with Millen gone as well the Fords may just like to pay BC to coach and make personnell decisions as well. It's actually not a bad fit- you can only go up. :)