PDA

View Full Version : Colon Not a RT

NorthCoast
12-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Colon ended up with how many penalties yesterday?....I think I counted 3. This was against a poor Browns team that had nothing to play for.
Why does this guy continue to start at RT? Why not try Essex there? Someone has to be better than him at that position.

It is amazing what a good blocking OL can do for your offense. I watched parts of the Giants/Vikes game and the Giants 4th string RB was making yards against a not-bad Vikes defense.

Tomlin/Colbert have to follow through this year with drafting big uglies or Ben will not last to his 10th season.

pittpete
12-29-2008, 10:53 AM
http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/1/5/4/8/8/a1192481-155-dead-horse.gif

NorthCoast
12-29-2008, 10:56 AM
sorry, adding to my own post:

Why can't we do a Baltimore and add an extra RT next to Colon? It seems to work for them and what is the difference between adding two TEs that cannot block or a RT that is at least a little stronger at the point of attack?

SidSmythe
12-29-2008, 11:07 AM
As athletic as he's suppose to be he shouldn't be scared of getting beat by Old Man Willie McG.

pfelix73
12-29-2008, 12:12 PM
You'd have to ask BA about Baltimore's ideas on offense. He's the one that's stuck in neutral and doesn't like change.

ikestops85
12-29-2008, 12:26 PM
sorry, adding to my own post:

Why can't we do a Baltimore and add an extra RT next to Colon? It seems to work for them and what is the difference between adding two TEs that cannot block or a RT that is at least a little stronger at the point of attack?

That's an easy one to answer. It's because we can't find one decent RT let alone two of them. :lol:

MaxAMillion
12-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Essex may not be much better at RT. I have come to the conclusion that most of our OL are middle to late round picks who are just ordinary. The FO has not invested big money or top draft picks along the OL and now they are paying for it. They will need to spend money and early draft choices on the OL this off season.

They also better sit Ben down and tell him to stop hanging on to the ball. Sunday was the third game this year where Ben got him more than Leftwich. Ben needs to understand that not every play can be saved. Sometimes you have to throw the ball away.

I am not making excuses for the OL, I just recognize that Ben is also part of the problem.