PDA

View Full Version : why have Heath block

Steelhere10
12-29-2008, 10:31 AM
i don't see the point, all i hear is that he is a good blocker if so why all the holding calls? between him and Colon they got to have the most holding calls in the league. why not bring an extra lineman in and let Miller go out on a pass pattern. is BA that dumb.

frankthetank1
12-29-2008, 11:25 AM
i dont think heath has that many holding calls this year. he did have two yesterday but still. he is an average blocker, but if your not going to have heath block on running plays what is he suppose to do?

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Please don't put Heath in the same sentence with the Human Penalty Flag.

Colon freaking kills me and I truly hate him. Like I suggested in the nickname thread a while back.

Willie "there's a flag on the play" Colon or

Willie "Offensive Holding, #74, 10 yard penalty, replay 3rd down" Colon.

Awwwwwwww Maaaaaan! What did I do!?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/045s3Bde0r9Ox/610x.jpg

Douche bag.

frankthetank1
12-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Please don't put Heath in the same sentence with the Human Penalty Flag.

Colon freaking kills me and I truly hate him. Like I suggested in the nickname thread a while back.

Willie "there's a flag on the play" Colon or

Willie "Offensive Holding, #74, 10 yard penalty, replay 3rd down" Colon.

Awwwwwwww Maaaaaan! What did I do!?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/045s3Bde0r9Ox/610x.jpg

Douche bag.

i hate him as well. i thought he had some potential but i think he is a lost cause. maybe he would be better at guard but i hope the steelers dont find that out the hard way. as soon as i saw that there was a flag on nate's td i knew it was on colon

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 11:51 AM
me too.

BURGH86STEEL
12-29-2008, 12:36 PM
i don't see the point, all i hear is that he is a good blocker if so why all the holding calls? between him and Colon they got to have the most holding calls in the league. why not bring an extra lineman in and let Miller go out on a pass pattern. is BA that dumb.

Heath is not a great run or pass blocker. I do not think he has a lot of holding calls on the season. There are times he gets pushed into the back field by LBs and DEs on run plays. There are times that Miller does a good job blocking. It is an area of his game that he needs to work on improving. If Arians brings in an extra lineman, that lineman will not be a threat in the passing game. I do not see the point in calling Arians dumb when the player cannot get the job done on a consistent basis.

Steeler Shades
12-29-2008, 12:43 PM
I was told that the NFL scouts thought Heath was a great blocker
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4001&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 (http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4001&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15)
8)

Steelhere10
12-29-2008, 01:40 PM
but if your not going to have heath block on running plays what is he suppose to do? take away a extra tight end or wr on running plays and add a lineman. the same game plan the Ravens did against us.

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2008, 02:25 PM
but if your not going to have heath block on running plays what is he suppose to do? take away a extra tight end or wr on running plays and add a lineman. the same game plan the Ravens did against us.

The Browns also did that against us too. They kept announcing "#79 is reporting as an eligible receiver" and we kept answering "We know! Just change his number to #89 and be done with it already." That eligible #79 had two holding calls against him. Doesn't always work. I'd rather have Heath in there than Trai Essex.