PDA

View Full Version : All 4 of our losses were to play off teams

RussBII
12-29-2008, 01:17 AM
This actually makes me feel a lot better about the whole season.

I have to admit, I only realized this after the folks on SportsCenter said the same thing about the Ravens 5 losses.

To only lose 4 games, and not one of them was a loss to a nonplayoff team? What a year...

Three more wins will be the perfect topping to the cake...

Steeler Shades
12-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Pointing out that the glass is also half empty: The only teams left for us to play are the same kind of teams that we struggled with......playoff teams. 8)

pittpete
12-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Haaa, I was thinking the same thing when Philly smacked Tony Homo and big "D"

RussBII
12-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Pointing out that the glass is also half empty: The only teams left for us to play are the same kind of teams that we struggled with......playoff teams. 8)

This is a fairly good point. We've only beaten 2 playoff teams: Rats and Chargers.

Well damnit.

The losses to the Giants and the Colts were _very_ close though.

Steeler Shades
12-29-2008, 09:51 AM
As were BOTH wins over the Rats. Oh well....new season begins now. Anything can happen. 8)

RussBII
12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
As were BOTH wins over the Rats. Oh well....new season begins now. Anything can happen. 8)

Good thing you post such hot chicks as your sig, cuz your posts are a bit of a downer. Hehehe

stlrz d
12-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Only lost to playoff teams? Well that's bad news because that's who you'll be facing.

Lost to teams who didn't make the playoffs? Well that's bad because playoff opponents will be much tougher.

I'm just sayin'. :wink:

Steeler Shades
12-29-2008, 03:34 PM
AFC playoffs: Hottest team? Most impact?
By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
7 hours, 42 minutes ago

There are two basic things every NFL coach wants going into the playoffs. First, he wants his team to be healthy. Second, he wants that team hot.
As the AFC playoffs get set to start, thatís pretty much the case for everyone except the top-seeded Tennessee Titans, who have gone 3-3 down the stretch. Defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, knocked out of the Week 15 loss to the Houston Texans with a left knee sprain, is a question mark heading into Tennesseeís playoff opener Jan. 10.

Of course, the Titans have a dominating win over the Pittsburgh Steelers mixed into that final six games and didnít play many regulars in their season finale against the Indianapolis Colts. So take that with a grain of salt. But do consider these questions:

1. So who is the hottest team?
This is like picking between a hot iron and charcoal. Either way, itís going to hurt. Indianapolis has won nine straight games. The Miami Dolphins have won eight of nine. Pittsburgh has won six of seven. San Diego has won four straight. However, the nod goes to the Baltimore Ravens, who have won five of six and have rebounded from a 2-3 start. Those three losses were to Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Indianapolis. In the closing weeks, Baltimore won with the pressure on in Dallas and against Jacksonville, and came within inches of beating Pittsburgh. Impressive stuff.

2. Does the regular season mean much?
If it does, Indianapolis and Tennessee figure to be the top contenders. During the regular season, the Colts went 5-1 against playoff teams and the Titans went 4-1. That makes them the only two teams in the AFC with winning records against playoff teams. Pittsburgh was 3-4, Baltimore was 2-5, Miami was 1-2 and San Diego was 0-5.....
8)