PDA

View Full Version : OT - Fassel as our OC next year?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-28-2008, 11:12 PM
I heard him on Westwood 1 tonight ... he did a pretty good job with the Giants, I can't remember if he's wound too tight, but it I'd take him over BA any day.

pittpete
12-28-2008, 11:14 PM
No thankyou
Im from NY and this guy wasnt great

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 11:18 PM
He was fired by Billick in Baltimore, and Billick actually sparked some life in the offense after Fassel was canned.

SteelStallion
12-29-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm not down on BA like some out there. With no o-line to work with-and I posted my thoughts on another thread- there's just massive limitations here, not a coordinator problem. And like it or not, Ben likes BA. He gives him the flexibility to design and call his own plays. I sense he stays.

RussBII
12-29-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm not down on BA like some out there. With no o-line to work with-and I posted my thoughts on another thread- there's just massive limitations here, not a coordinator problem. And like it or not, Ben likes BA. He gives him the flexibility to design and call his own plays. I sense he stays.

I'm willing to let BA stick around IF, and ONLY IF Ziering goes and the Oline gets a lot of attention in the off season. I think BA will someday be a decent coordinator... I think he's slow to realize the limitations of his team against a particular defense. That's something that can be learned.

As for Fassel. Pass. I'd rather keep BA. Why not call J_e (Where's the O?) Walton?

frankthetank1
12-29-2008, 09:03 AM
No thankyou
Im from NY and this guy wasnt great

they did go to a sb one year and that giant team kind of stunk. their best wr at the time was toomer and they had collins at qb. that is pretty impressive. up untill last season i would have said fassell was just as good as coughlin maybe even better. i would rather have anyone at oc instead of arians

VirgilBosett
12-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Fassel is joke. He's never had a good offense other than a couple good years with Elway in Denver.

Even the Giants SB year in 2000......the offense was mediocre at best. His Giants teams were never better than 20th in total points except the SB year they were 15th.

If there is an upgrade to be made, it won't be with Fassel. JMO

Not a bad radio guy though....heard him Sirrius the other day.

dirt
12-29-2008, 02:36 PM
i desperately want ba to go. i miss the days when we had a running game. i admit the oline hasn't been good, but let's face it, our running game has disappeared since we moved away from using a fullback and that is all ba. ba and zierlein both have to go.

NorthCoast
12-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Another name to throw in the mix: Pete Carroll. Rumor has it that he is done with college ball.
I don't know, he might be too West Coastish for my tastes.

stlrz d
12-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Another name to throw in the mix: Pete Carroll. Rumor has it that he is done with college ball.
I don't know, he might be too West Coastish for my tastes.

Where did you hear that rumor? All I ever hear about him is how much he loves coaching college ball at USC.