PDA

View Full Version : I actually feel sorry for ESPN....

Starlifter
12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I mean really, their beloved cowboys have missed the playoffs. what on earth are they going to do now? how do you fill 4 channels and 24/7 on each without continuing coverage with Ed Werder in Big D? I don't know what they're gonna do. Do they even know where Minnesota is? Tragic. an entire network with nothing to talk about........

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 08:39 PM
There will be plenty to cover once guys start spouting off and people get fired.

AngryAsian
12-28-2008, 08:40 PM
No Pats and No Crygirls.... it will be a sad post season with the schleps remaining. :tt2

mshifko
12-28-2008, 08:41 PM
this couldn't happen to a better a owner (jerry jones)...he derseves everything he gets...as with tony homo

AngryAsian
12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Watching TO field questions on the big loss and love the fact that he said
"The Eagles handed us a good ole fashioned butt whooping."

skyhawk
12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
this couldn't happen to a better a owner (jerry jones)...he derseves everything he gets...as with tony homo

Yep. Screw em...and ESPN.

Steelgal
12-28-2008, 08:48 PM
But now they get to talk about Brett Favre and wondering if he'll retire or not and how great he is for the league (need a puking icon here)

DukieBoy
12-28-2008, 08:49 PM
No Pats and No Crygirls.... it will be a sad post season with the schleps remaining. :tt2

Exactly. ESPN's eggs are in that basket and it dropped like the stock market.
Now ESPN might need to apply for some of the TARP bailout money.

Steelgal
12-28-2008, 08:49 PM
sorry, double post

Ozey74
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
I get much satisafaction from knowing that the Cowboy fans are starting their off season right now!!! It's approximately 27 weeks to training camp you dumb mother f'ers!!!!

Congratulations right now on being christened the pre-season SB 43 champs!!!!

:loser

costanza2k1
12-28-2008, 09:03 PM
[youtube:1k39zbk1]PNO6On7cK1M[/youtube:1k39zbk1]

AngryAsian
12-28-2008, 09:05 PM
[youtube:6z0zl1x8]PNO6On7cK1M[/youtube:6z0zl1x8]

That is comedy personified. This is the only footage of TO I love watching. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NKySteeler
12-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I feel sorry for ESPN for dealing with this stuff......

[youtube:2q5uwf7e]3TLG_LtWhj4&hl[/youtube:2q5uwf7e]

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 09:21 PM

[youtube:1vflrekh]3TLG_LtWhj4&hl[/youtube:1vflrekh]

It's a funny rant, but actually I've spoken with a few folks who do TV and they all side with Berman.

Djfan
12-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Re: TO - Does this fool really think that anyone believes those tears? Classic case of what my 3rd grade teacher used to say when I lied to her: "You're only fooling yourself."

What a tool.

Re: - Berman - I understand the reality of the idiots he was dealing with, but just ONCE can we not use the Lord's name as a cruse word?! I'll be OK with it when I hear some one spill a drink on their shirt and yell "Ahh! Buddah Damn-it", or "Joseph Smith Damn you!" Or how about "Mo-f*&%ing-hammad!" Sorry, but it bugs me. That Jesus guy has done a lot for me thanks.

Back to the thread.

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Re: TO - Does this fool really think that anyone believes those tears? Classic case of what my 3rd grade teacher used to say when I lied to her: "You're only fooling yourself."

What a tool.

Re: - Berman - I understand the reality of the idiots he was dealing with, but just ONCE can we not use the Lord's name as a cruse word?! I'll be OK with it when I hear some one spill a drink on their shirt and yell "Ahh! Buddah Damn-it", or "Joseph Smith Damn you!" Or how about "Mo-f*&%ing-hammad!" Sorry, but it bugs me. That Jesus guy has done a lot for me thanks.

Back to the thread.

:lol:

I'm sure in countries where Buddha is the main deity it's more common. :P

Djfan
12-28-2008, 09:39 PM

What a tool.

Back to the thread.

You may be right. Never went there!

buckeyehoppy
12-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Feel sorry for ESPU?

Are you f---ing kidding me?

F--- ESPU!!!

F--- the Patophiles!!!

F--- the Cowqueens!!!

They are all

:loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser :loser

And they are all out of the playoff picture!!! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Starlifter
12-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Feel sorry for ESPU?

F--- ESPU!!!

F--- the Patophiles!!!

F--- the Cowqueens!!!

They are all

apparently you missed the sarcasm........ :tt2 :tt2

bostonsteeler
12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Re: - Berman - I understand the reality of the idiots he was dealing with, but just ONCE can we not use the Lord's name as a cruse word?! I'll be OK with it when I hear some one spill a drink on their shirt and yell "Ahh! Buddah Damn-it", or "Joseph Smith Damn you!" Or how about "Mo-f*&%ing-hammad!"

That's some funny stuff :D :D

bostonsteeler
12-28-2008, 10:14 PM

What a tool.

Back to the thread.

In Hindu countries they take the names of Hindu gods in vain :-)
And muslims do say "Ya Allah" as an exclamation.

God is a popular swear word :-)

buckeyehoppy
12-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Feel sorry for ESPU?

F--- ESPU!!!

F--- the Patophiles!!!

F--- the Cowqueens!!!

They are all

apparently you missed the sarcasm........ :tt2 :tt2

Whew! That's a relief! I was hoping you were just being sarcastic. Thanx for clarifying.

Djfan
12-28-2008, 10:23 PM

What a tool.

Back to the thread.

In Hindu countries they take the names of Hindu gods in vain :-)
And muslims do say "Ya Allah" as an exclamation.

God is a popular swear word :-)

With 360 million gods, that a lot of swearing!

Wolfhound45
12-29-2008, 12:06 AM
That Jesus guy has done a lot for me thanks.

Don't apologize brother. You are absolutely right. No need for that kind of language.

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 12:51 PM
I get much satisafaction from knowing that the Cowboy fans are starting their off season right now!!! It's approximately 27 weeks to training camp you dumb mother f'ers!!!!

Congratulations right now on being christened the pre-season SB 43 champs!!!!

:loser

:nono Nahh, I'm pretty sure the Stains were the pre-season SB 43 Champs...but if there was a Preseason Super Bowl, Stains v Cowgirls would definitely have been the matchup.

Acero
12-29-2008, 01:09 PM

What a tool.

Sorry dude, but you're wrong here...

Berman said "Goddammit"... he didn't say "Jesus effing Christ". "God" does NOT equal "Jesus". You know, the whole Father and Son deal. Allah = God, Jesus = Mohammed if we're going to draw parallels. There's a difference between a deity and a prophet.

Sorry to rant, but it bothers me when people think "God" can only mean "Jesus Christ" or fail to differentiate between humans and deities.

Mel Blount's G
12-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't worry. asSPN still has the Manning brothers to slober about

Jooser
12-29-2008, 01:36 PM
:Clap :Clap DJ :Clap :Clap

:Agree

Wolfhound45
12-29-2008, 01:39 PM

What a tool.

Sorry dude, but you're wrong here...

Berman said "Goddammit"... he didn't say "Jesus effing Christ". "God" does NOT equal "Jesus". You know, the whole Father and Son deal. Allah = God, Jesus = Mohammed if we're going to draw parallels. There's a difference between a deity and a prophet.

Sorry to rant, but it bothers me when people think "God" can only mean "Jesus Christ" or fail to differentiate between humans and deities.

There are no parallels. As a Christian, you would believe that Jesus Christ is God. He did not claim to be a prophet. He claimed to be the Messiah.

Regardless, there are more appropriate places to disagree n this topic.

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Don't worry. asSPN still has the Manning brothers to slober about

Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called asSPN.

http://www.virginmedia.com/microsites/movies/slideshow/stupid-characters/img_10.jpg

Iron Shiek
12-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Nice Ruthless...

:D

Steeler Mafia
12-29-2008, 06:20 PM
But now they get to talk about Brett Favre and wondering if he'll retire or not and how great he is for the league (need a puking icon here)

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.gifmix.net/smiley.php?image=puking-smilies/17.gif

NorthCoast
12-29-2008, 06:49 PM

[youtube:343a3qw1]3TLG_LtWhj4&hl[/youtube:343a3qw1]

It's a funny rant, but actually I've spoken with a few folks who do TV and they all side with Berman.

haa..haa...haa, that ranks up there with Casey Kasem's rant:

http://www.hankhayes.com/m3u/kasem.m3u

I guess we all have something to complain about in our jobs regardless of what it is...

Steel Life
12-29-2008, 07:01 PM
"I'm Ed Werder reporting from Cowboys headquarters & I have absolutely nothing to talk about, but will keep reporting this BS soap opera because we think everybody cares more about this."

America's Team my ass....

Jooser
12-30-2008, 01:38 AM
LMAO! Once again, let's just say:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4828/9c21dc7f48ae9775eb4d93cnk0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Iron Shiek
12-30-2008, 10:09 AM
"I'm Ed Werder reporting from Cowboys headquarters & I have absolutely nothing to talk about, but will keep reporting this BS soap opera because we think everybody cares more about this."

America's Team my bad word....

Yeah its a load of crap. And yet still I turn the radio on for the second morning in a row and people are talking about the Cowboys. This time its about the Cowboys having to "fire" TO and how hard it is for Romo to play QB and drop back to pass and always think that he has to get TO his looks. Enough already for f--k sake!