PDA

View Full Version : OT - LOL!

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 06:50 PM
They let Marino do the Saints/Panthers highlights so he could say, "Drew Brees falls short of my single season yardage record".

:lol:

ramblinjim
12-28-2008, 06:51 PM
What was he short? Like 10 yards?

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 06:52 PM

I think 16?

Iron Shiek
12-28-2008, 06:53 PM

He said something like 16...or in that neighborhood.

Yeah it was just like the undefeated Dolphins poppin champipple everytime the last undefeated team gets beat, it was ridiculous...he didn't gloat too much though.

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 06:56 PM
I thought it was funny because in the pre-game the guys were giving him a hard time about it...especially when he picked the Panthers to win.

Ozey74
12-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Carolina had no class. Brees had 61 yrds to go & late in the Pathers muffed a punt or a kickoff & Brees drove 45 for a TD.

I'm offically pulling for the Panthers to get beat in the post season because of this.

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Carolina had no class. Brees had 61 yrds to go & late in the Pathers muffed a punt or a kickoff & Brees drove 45 for a TD.

I'm offically pulling for the Panthers to get beat in the post season because of this.

I'm confused.

Ozey74
12-28-2008, 07:19 PM

I'm confused.

Carolina kicked a punt short intentionally just so Brees couldn't get the passing yds record.

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM

I'm confused.

Carolina kicked a punt short intentionally just so Brees couldn't get the passing yds record.

Really?

Ozey74
12-28-2008, 07:34 PM
[quote=Ozey74]Carolina had no class. Brees had 61 yrds to go & late in the Pathers muffed a punt or a kickoff & Brees drove 45 for a TD.

I'm confused.

Really?[/quote:1zuuchcd]

Yes, really. Everyone at the sportsbar I was at upset upon seeing this. He was left with about 1 minute left on the clock (after the intentional muffed Carolina punt). He threw a quick TD pass to Lance Moore and left some time on the clock. Carolina got the ball back, was forced to kicked a FG. Carolina then kicked off and left 1 second on the clock for Brees to work with. Brees threw an incomplete pass.

I'm a big Brees fan. He's a little man that is not blessed with the physical attributes that most successful QB's have. And he is a good man off the field. His Make-A-Wish contribution on ESPN a few years back had me in tears (and I'm not a cryer).

stlrz d
12-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I like Brees too...I just can't believe a team would intentionally muff a punt just so he doesn't get a record.

I can't wait to see the highlights.

Ozey74
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
It's too damn bad. Teams play 16 games, the guy passed for over 5,000 yds., Had he just passed for 1 more yard each game, he would of had it!!

It would of been a nice accomplishment to have for part of his introduction if he was to do any public speaking after retiring from football.

It's not like Marino doesn't have any other freaking records he can claim!!!

TallyStiller
12-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I'd buy Carolina trying to screw Brees out of the record if the score was 42 - 10, but didn't they win on a last second field goal to secure a bye? It would be absolutely insane to be playing with one eye on the record with the game still undecided and something to play for.

frankthetank1
12-29-2008, 09:34 AM
no way the panthers did that intentionally so brees wouldnt get the record. it was a very close game

Sugar
12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
We could be seeing these Panthers in the SB!! :tt2

RussBII
12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
I'd buy Carolina trying to screw Brees out of the record if the score was 42 - 10, but didn't they win on a last second field goal to secure a bye? It would be absolutely insane to be playing with one eye on the record with the game still undecided and something to play for.

$$$

Who would give up field position, and a potential first round bye just to stop a guy from getting a record? Only a very very very very petty man. John Fox doesn't strike me as that at all.

SidSmythe
12-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Maybe the Panthers thought that Brees was going to score no matter what, so they wanted to give him a short field so he used up less time. Then the Panthers would have time to score the game winning FG. Whatever, it worked to give them a win and a first round bye.

stlrz d
12-29-2008, 03:14 PM
I didn't hear it mentioned on the highlights.

ramblinjim
12-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Well and Brees could have thrown a little dink pass with the one second left that he had and let the guy run for twenty yards to get the record but he didn't and went for the bomb.

Brees seems to be a class player. New Orleans just wasn't very good this year.