PDA

View Full Version : Alex Mack

BigRob
12-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Looked great tonight against Miami. He could very well be the pick in the later half of round 1.

grotonsteel
12-28-2008, 04:12 AM
Looked great tonight against Miami. He could very well be the pick in the later half of round 1.

Steelers should draft OG Duke Robinson from OK in first RD....Kemo looks lost out there...

Steelers won't be able to get a good LT with 32nd pick.. 8)

They need to go after Jordan Gross/Khalif Barnes..in free agency

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2008, 06:32 AM
I previously suggested letting Marvel, Max, and Kemo walk. Throw that money at Gross for our new LT. Then draft Duke Robinson at the end of round 1 for our new LG. Then trade our 2nd and 3rd pick to move up to the early 2nd round to take Alex Mack as our center of the future (since Hartwig's contract will be up after next season). You will have totally re-built the left side of your o-line right there from a weakness to a strength (it doesn't get any better than the best tackle in free agency and the best guard and center in the draft).

BURGH86STEEL
12-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I previously suggested letting Marvel, Max, and Kemo walk. Throw that money at Gross for our new LT. Then draft Duke Robinson at the end of round 1 for our new LG. Then trade our 2nd and 3rd pick to move up to the early 2nd round to take Alex Mack as our center of the future (since Hartwig's contract will be up after next season). You will have totally re-built the left side of your o-line right there from a weakness to a strength (it doesn't get any better than the best tackle in free agency and the best guard and center in the draft).

Will Gross come to the Steelers? Will they get into a bidding war with another team? Will Robinson be available when they draft? Will it take more than our 2nd and 3rd to move up in the 2nd round? Will another team will be willing to trade? If those players are the best at their positions in the draft, it is a good chance neither will be available when the Steelers select.

These things are so easy to talk out but lots of variables to consider. Only in a world where other teams do not have needs will they take place. I think what is more important is that they select the right Oline or Dline talent when they have the opportunity. Hopefully, the scouts and coaches will be on their game when they select.

Ozey74
12-28-2008, 08:55 AM

I thought the same thing!! He's a great player and a good citizen. Hopefully he will be there for us in round #2.

:tt2

MeetJoeGreene
12-28-2008, 09:27 AM

I am warming up to the 3rd leg of your plan now. That would be a incredible line.

grotonsteel
12-28-2008, 01:51 PM

I believe Tackles and LG are more position of need than Center.. They can get Caldwell from Bama or Luigs from Arkansas in later round...both can play...Willie Colon needs to be replaced...

Steel Life
12-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't know if Duke will be there when we pick as he will surely rise. So if Mack is on the board when we pick...take him & don't look back. If you don't, it would be like Mangold all over again - so take the best guy at his position rather than a project.

Hartwig is a temp at best at OC both talent & contract-wise, & Mack is good enough to play guard until he's ready to step in.