PDA

View Full Version : What I expect the Steelers to do...

JDSteeler
12-27-2008, 03:56 PM
...vs the Stains...

1.) Run, Run, and Run the ball all day long! FWP has a FWP-type of
day, and it couldn't come at a better time. FWP has over 120 yards
and two TD's. FWP gets his confidence back, while the O-line makes
a few strides before the Playoffs. Ari-ANUS pulls his head out, and not
only gets the ball out on the perimeter, he uses Dennis Dixon in the "Wild-Cat"
formation, to confuse the defense. He finally, after 16 weeks, calls a
"Bootleg" for Ben on first and goal inside the Stains 10, and we score
easily. All I can say is, WOW!

2.) Big Ben gets his act together with the WR's/TE's and throws for 2 TD's,
and runs for another, with no picks OR sacks. He gets everyone involved,
and completes 20 of 25 passes to 7 different players.

3.) The Defense gets back to punishing the other team, and stops Jamal
in his tracks for 30 or less yards. The defense allows less than 150 TOTAL
yards, intercepts Gradkowski twice, returns one for a TD, and sacks him
more than 7 times. The Defense wins the Triple Crown...Run/Pass/Total
Defense as #1 in all three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything less than a score resembling 42 - 0 will be a disappointment!!!!

JD

buckeyehoppy
12-27-2008, 04:08 PM
I expect our boys to @$$ own the Clowns and for Jabba The Slut to get canned before he even hits the locker room.

:brownssuck :owned

Flasteel
12-27-2008, 04:17 PM
...vs the Stains...

1.) Run, Run, and Run the ball all day long! FWP has a FWP-type of
day, and it couldn't come at a better time. FWP has over 120 yards
and two TD's. FWP gets his confidence back, while the O-line makes
a few strides before the Playoffs. Ari-ANUS pulls his head out, and not
only gets the ball out on the perimeter, he uses Dennis Dixon in the "Wild-Cat"
formation, to confuse the defense. He finally, after 16 weeks, calls a
"Bootleg" for Ben on first and goal inside the Stains 10, and we score
easily. All I can say is, WOW!

2.) Big Ben gets his act together with the WR's/TE's and throws for 2 TD's,
and runs for another, with no picks OR sacks. He gets everyone involved,
and completes 20 of 25 passes to 7 different players.

3.) The Defense gets back to punishing the other team, and stops Jamal
in his tracks for 30 or less yards. The defense allows less than 150 TOTAL
yards, intercepts Gradkowski twice, returns one for a TD, and sacks him
more than 7 times. The Defense wins the Triple Crown...Run/Pass/Total
Defense as #1 in all three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

JD, in the future could you please be a little more specific with your predictions? Thanks. :Boobs

Steeler Shades
12-27-2008, 04:55 PM
While I love your optimism, you should be prepared for disappointment.
We'll beat the Clowns, but Ben won't last past two scores (as long as one is a TD). Many of our starters (including WP) will go with him. The Clowns are playing for pride.....its all they have left. We're just trying to forget last week and get tuned up for two weeks from now. I expect us to win by 7-10 points and we better be careful not to forget that the clowns are STILL a professional NFL team.....or you could be worse than disappointed. 8)

buckeyehoppy
12-27-2008, 05:06 PM
We'll beat the Clowns, but Ben won't last past two scores (as long as one is a TD). Many of our starters (including WP) will go with him. The Clowns are playing for pride.....its all they have left. We're just trying to forget last week and get tuned up for two weeks from now. I expect us to win by 7-10 points and we better be careful not to forget that the clowns are STILL a professional NFL team.....or you could be worse than disappointed. 8)

Maybe we could send the sig line girl to the Clowns locker room as a distraction?

Either way, all starters who are able need to stay in until the game is in the Steelers command. The Steelers need to establish the run and Ben needs to run the O efficiently and for TDs.

The Steelers need to look at this game like any other going into a bye week. They need to go in strong and enforce their will on the Clowns. MT needs to demand this out of everyone who suits up tomorrow, because there are a few guys (FWP, Ben) who need to have good games going into the playoffs.

SidSmythe
12-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Never underestimate any team in Week 17 that has nothing to lose.

This will be the BROWNS superbowl.

I don't see the Browns offense putting up any points but I do see their defense having the ability to slow down the Steelers backups.
I don't expect BEN to play the whole game. I think they will get WARD his 1,000 yards and be done.

JDSteeler
12-27-2008, 06:33 PM

Maybe we could send the sig line girl to the Clowns locker room as a distraction?

Either way, all starters who are able need to stay in until the game is in the Steelers command. The Steelers need to establish the run and Ben needs to run the O efficiently and for TDs.

The Steelers need to look at this game like any other going into a bye week. They need to go in strong and enforce their will on the Clowns. MT needs to demand this out of everyone who suits up tomorrow, because there are a few guys (FWP, Ben) who need to have good games going into the playoffs.

I have no reason to be disappointed, as they will deliver as I predict. Shades, you
can go ahead and join the MB that RickT went to, where ever that is....Heck, if
this game is close as you say, we be in trouble in two weeks....

JD

Wolfhound45
12-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Never underestimate any team in Week 17 that has nothing to lose.

This will be the BROWNS superbowl.

:Agree

buckeyehoppy
12-27-2008, 07:00 PM

I have no reason to be disappointed, as they will deliver as I predict. Shades, you
can go ahead and join the MB that RickT went to, where ever that is....Heck, if
this game is close as you say, we be in trouble in two weeks....

JD

The Steelers should win in a walk considering who they are playing.

But they still need to put in the work. As Sid said, this game is the Clowns SB. Moreover, Jabba Crennell has never beaten the Steelers. You don't think that that fact isn't eating at him? Guess again.

Besides, they have a bye week after this game. The guys need to play hard going into the bye week and keep their timing sharp. They don't want to play their first playoff game and be flat as a surfboard. They do that and they'll discover that the playoffs aren't as forgiving as the regular season, no matter how difficult their schedule was in the RS.

The Steelers must come out on Sunday and remind the Clowns who the boss is in this series.

Wolfhound45
12-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Moreover, Jabba Crennell has never beaten the Steelers. You don't think that that fact isn't eating at him? Guess again.

:shock:

I honestly did not know that.

Definitely gives his final game (the fat lady is warming up) as the Clowns HC more significance.

Steeler Shades
12-27-2008, 09:16 PM
I have no reason to be disappointed, as they will deliver as I predict. Shades, you can go ahead and join the MB that RickT went to, where ever that is....Heck, if this game is close as you say, we be in trouble in two weeks....
A 7-10 point victory for the Steelers using their backups against a team playing in their "SB" game is the same as RickT's opinions? Perhaps you need to re-read some of his old posts to refresh your memory.

But I am willing to bet that I'm a lot closer to the final score prediction than this "pie in the sky" shot:
"Anything less than a score resembling 42 - 0 will be a disappointment!!!!".
Loser joins RickT wherever he is. Bet?

Game time edit: Not interested...no problem. 8)

JDSteeler
12-29-2008, 12:51 AM
I have no reason to be disappointed, as they will deliver as I predict. Shades, you can go ahead and join the MB that RickT went to, where ever that is....Heck, if this game is close as you say, we be in trouble in two weeks....
A 7-10 point victory for the Steelers using their backups against a team playing in their "SB" game is the same as RickT's opinions? Perhaps you need to re-read some of his old posts to refresh your memory.

But I am willing to bet that I'm a lot closer to the final score prediction than this "pie in the sky" shot:
"Anything less than a score resembling 42 - 0 will be a disappointment!!!!".
Loser joins RickT wherever he is. Bet?

Game time edit: Not interested...no problem. 8)

Sorry I didn't see your bet before now....but I would have taken it!!!

Pie in the sky...huh?

So I guess you're outta here!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD

Steeler Shades
12-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Sorry I didn't see your bet before now....but I would have taken it!!!

Pie in the sky...huh?

So I guess you're outta here!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD
You had your shot. Hopefully in the future you'll have better timing. 8)

DukieBoy
12-29-2008, 09:45 AM
And run we did .................

Gerry Dulac's Two-Minute Drill: Game 16 vs. Browns
Monday, December 29, 2008
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Game ball goes to: Willie Parker
After gaining 101 yards on 44 carries in his previous three games, Parker rushed for 116 yards on 23 carries -- his first 100-yard game since he had 115 yards on 25 carries against San Diego Nov. 16. Not only that, Parker had his longest run of the season -- a 34-yard touchdown run around the right side in which he beat Browns safety Brodney Pool to the pylon. Parker, though, is accustomed to these types of performances against the Browns. He has rushed for over 100 yards against them in six of the past seven meetings.

What was he thinking?
Wanting to fix some of their problems in the run game and maybe rebuild some hope for the postseason, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians cut back on the number of spread formations and also employed a fullback -- TE Sean McHugh -- more frequently against the Browns. The result was the most rushing yards (176) since the season opener against the Texans. "It was a good feeling, knowing we were going to go out there and run it," Parker said.

Overheard
"We haven't lined up and just run the ball against anybody. At times, that's frustrating for offensive linemen. Hopefully, we showed our coaches we can line up and run when we need to." -- Center Justin Hartwig, after the Steelers rushed for 176 yards against the Browns.

Jooser
12-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Alot of your predictions were pretty close to the mark, with the exception of the play of our 'elite' QB before he went down (0tds, 1INT, and 42% PR).

JDSteeler
12-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Alot of your predictions were pretty close to the mark, with the exception of the play of our 'elite' QB before he went down (0tds, 1INT, and 42% PR).

Maybe, I was one game too early on my prediction of Ben....

JD

feltdizz
12-29-2008, 03:45 PM

I'm really concerned about Ben.. it just seems like this O is stagnant with him in there for most of the time. It was the Stains for goodness sakes.. and he throws a terrible pass way behind a wide open Miller..

then Lefty comes in and we roll... I'm really starting to once again believe that some of our Offensive woes are Ben reading the D and calling these assignments..

When Lefty comes in I really feel like relaxed.. cause I know the ball is coming out fast..
and I also think we don't have the late play changes or run plays "just as the play clock hits 0"

mshifko
12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
JD i was kind of disappointed....i thought you would have at least thrown in a "froooothing at the mouth like a crazed dog...." haha

GO STEELERS

frankthetank1
12-29-2008, 04:28 PM

I'm really concerned about Ben.. it just seems like this O is stagnant with him in there for most of the time. It was the Stains for goodness sakes.. and he throws a terrible pass way behind a wide open Miller..

then Lefty comes in and we roll... I'm really starting to once again believe that some of our Offensive woes are Ben reading the D and calling these assignments..

When Lefty comes in I really feel like relaxed.. cause I know the ball is coming out fast..
and I also think we don't have the late play changes or run plays "just as the play clock hits 0"

i have no confidence in lefty in the post season and have all the confidence in the world with ben. he has had a bad year but they still win games. ben is a winner and his playoff numbers are very good. lefty hasnt done anything in the postseason

papillon
12-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I expect the Steelers to struggle running the football, play solid special teams, play outstanding defense and make enough plays in the passing game to win. Hmmm, sounds like the MO for the season; I don't see it changing any time soon.

Lets just hope that offense doesn't dig a ditch too deep to crawl out of or that the defense can't bail them out of. Expecting anything more than that is folly at this point. The Steelers will have to win three very close games to the champions this year.

Pappy

JDSteeler
12-29-2008, 10:45 PM
JD i was kind of disappointed....i thought you would have at least thrown in a "froooothing at the mouth like a crazed dog...." haha

GO STEELERS

When we get closer to the next game, I'll send you one!!!

JD