PDA

View Full Version : How do the Titans give up only about 1 sack every 2 games?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-26-2008, 06:17 PM
I mean, how does that happen? Are they that good? Did they just play sh*tty defenses all season long?

I'm still scratching my head about our defensive performance last week. Maybe it's nothing more than a let down after 3 playoff-intensity games, or LeBeau deciding to go Vanilla for that game, but still ...

TonyRomo
12-26-2008, 06:21 PM
I mean, how does that happen? Are they that good? Did they just play sh*tty defenses all season long?

I'm still scratching my head about our defensive performance last week. Maybe it's nothing more than a let down after 3 playoff-intensity games, or LeBeau deciding to go Vanilla for that game, but still ...

Lets see here

The Titans run the ball really really good. And they give up few sacks.

Ya think they might have a good offensive line? :tt2

Wolfhound45
12-26-2008, 06:25 PM
http://www.abountifulharvest.com/xcart/images/P/1311b.jpg

Seriously, it was a combination. A tough three game schedule, a very good opponent on the road, and the fact that we were not going to give them anything to look at on tape.

Steeler Shades
12-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Seriously, it was a combination. A tough three game schedule, a very good opponent on the road, and the fact that we were not going to give them anything to look at on tape.
The question was about the Titans average for the entire season (to date). There may be a school of thought that ALL the defenses that played against them this year didn't want to reveal their secret defensive plans "just in case" they had to play them again. Evidently quite a bit of forethought on the part of ALL the opposing DCs.

Is it possible that the Titans offensive unit is just GOOD? Can't anybody say that about a team without it reflecting badly on the Steelers? 8)

Wolfhound45
12-26-2008, 09:01 PM
The question was about the Titans average for the entire season (to date). There may be a school of thought that ALL the defenses that played against them this year didn't want to reveal their secret defensive plans "just in case" they had to play them again. Evidently quite a bit of forethought on the part of ALL the opposing DCs.

Is it possible that the Titans offensive unit is just GOOD? Can't anybody say that about a team without it reflecting badly on the Steelers? 8)

Okay, let's try this again...

"...very good opponent on the road..."

Does that answer your question?

Steeler Shades
12-26-2008, 11:00 PM
The OP of this thread was actually someone else. But I agree that the Titans were a very good opponent on the road. 8)

Wolfhound45
12-27-2008, 12:27 AM
The OP of this thread was actually someone else. But I agree that the Titans were a very good opponent on the road. 8)

They are quite good. Would love to have their OL and starting RB. Then I wouldn't be so worried about the playoffs.

feltdizz
12-27-2008, 02:47 PM

I find it truly hilarious that someone suggesting we played vanilla D means every team that played the Titans also went vanilla. Week 2.. sure it would be idiotic to suggest vanilla.. but week 16 and 17?

C'mon shades... no one is saying every team is going vanilla all year and you know it.
However the chances of us meeting the Titans again are extremely high since we uhh... just played them for the #1 seed.

But hey.. maybe the regular season is much more important then the playoffs. I doubt coaches game plan for the playoffs games anyway. 8)

Steeler Shades
12-27-2008, 02:57 PM
...But hey.. maybe the regular season is much more important then the playoffs. I doubt coaches game plan for the playoffs games anyway. 8)
As opposed to arguing this point in multiple threads, why don't we continue it over here?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4022&start=15&st=0&sk=t&sd=a (http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4022&start=15&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

ANPSTEEL
12-27-2008, 04:02 PM
i was very surprised by just how good collins was, in respect to making decisions and getting rid of the ball quickly.

even more than the skill of their offensive line, i think that is the reason he is sacked so rarely.

Wolfhound45
12-27-2008, 04:24 PM
i was very surprised by just how good collins was, in respect to making decisions and getting rid of the ball quickly.

even more than the skill of their offensive line, i think that is the reason he is sacked so rarely.

Excellent point. His decision making was spot on. In most instances he made a decision by his third progression. If it was not there, he simply got rid of the ball. As much as I love Ben, he does not understand that sometimes an incompletion is a great play. He never wants the play to die. The reality is, all plays eventually die.