PDA

View Full Version : Tis’ the season for NFL’s needy

Sugar
12-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Adam Schefter

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/12/24/tis-the ... nfl-gifts/ (http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/12/24/tis-the-season-for-handing-out-nfl-gifts/)

In the season of giving, it’s time to give some gifts to those who deserve them:

How about a classy sendoff to Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, who didn’t deserve the season he got nor the fate that awaits him Monday.

A history lesson of the Terrible Towel for the Tennessee Titans, who failed to realize that Pittsburgh’s towels have raised over $2 million for a Pennsylvania school that cares for people with mental retardation and physical disabilities.

A victory in a close game for the Green Bay Packers, who have improbably and unexpectedly lost seven games this season by a total of 21 measly points.

Another MVP award for Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, which would tie him with Brett Favre, who also has three NFL MVP awards.

Let’s give healthy running backs to the Denver Broncos, healthy wide receivers to the Seattle Seahawks and healthy offensive linemen to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

A deletion of the “interim” tag that now hangs on San Francisco interim head coach Mike Singletary’s title.

A quick recovery for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who has been missed by everyone except the Miami Dolphins, New York Jets and Buffalo Bills.

A speedy recovery for Raiders owner Al Davis, who has spent way more time in a hospital recently than anyone should.

A new home for Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb, who should not have to hear anywhere close to the boos he has in Philadelphia.

More votes for Warren Sapp, who missed his “Dancing With the Stars” victory by about the same margin that Al Gore lost the United States presidency.

And even more votes for former Broncos running back Terrell Davis, a worthy Hall of Fame selection.

And let’s give thanks to all owners, front office men, coaches, scouts, players, trainers, equipment men, operations people and everyone that gives their money, their time and their bodies for the benefit of the greatest game there is.

These are worthy gifts this holiday season. And one last gift: Best wishes for a happy holiday season to one and all.

I didn't know that about the towel- does that make me a bad fan?

James Harrison would be a better MVP, IMO but I'm admitedly biased

Romeo seems like a good enough guy, but I have a hard time feeling sympathy for him while he still wears the orange and brown.

RuthlessBurgher
12-25-2008, 10:43 PM
A history lesson of the Terrible Towel for the Tennessee Titans, who failed to realize that Pittsburgh’s towels have raised over $2 million for a Pennsylvania school that cares for people with mental retardation and physical disabilities.

I didn't know that about the towel- does that make me a bad fan?

Doesn't make you a bad fan at all. Myron's disabled son has resided at that school for many years. That school has been receiving 100% of the profits from Towel sales for many years now.

Ozey74
12-26-2008, 09:25 AM
A quick recovery for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who has been missed by everyone except the Miami Dolphins, New York Jets and Buffalo Bills.

I sure as hell don't miss him!

Sugar
12-26-2008, 11:57 AM

I sure as hell don't miss him!

:Agree

While I wish a speedy recovery to all injured players, there is no special warmth for Brady here.

buckeyehoppy
12-27-2008, 05:34 PM
How about a classy sendoff to Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, who didn’t deserve the season he got nor the fate that awaits him Monday.

Despite his association with the Clowns, Jabba seems like a pretty good guy. He can't be blamed for his association with The Laughing Stock of the NFL. He wanted to be an NFL HC and he got his wish. Too bad it was with the Clowns. He'll be back as a DC somewhere in a year or two.

A deletion of the “interim” tag that now hangs on San Francisco interim head coach Mike Singletary’s title.

I've always liked Singletary. Remember liking him as a candidate for Steelers HC after BC left and felt like he would do a good job if hired. He has plenty of room to grow in SF, where the division is less than average.

Steeler Universe...anyone here miss Marcia Tom Brady? Didn't think so!

Let's just add this to the negative karma of any team who desecrates T3. I will, for now and for eternity, declare that any team who mistreats T3 will have personal or collective collapse.

I say the AFCCG will still be played on the sod of Heinz Field. The Titans committed a mortal sin when they stepped on T3 and will lose their first playoff game as karma from the football gods.

Ozey74
12-28-2008, 09:15 AM
I say the AFCCG will still be played on the sod of Heinz Field. The Titans committed a mortal sin when they stepped on T3 and will lose their first playoff game as karma from the football gods.

The Titans have awaken & piss'd off the soul of the late, great Myron Cope!! Not a good thing if your a Titans fan!

:tt2