PDA

View Full Version : Better to Miss the Playoffs...

BradshawsHairdresser
12-24-2008, 11:48 AM
...and have BA get fired, than to make the playoffs, go one-and-done, but have his sorry arrssse around here as OC again next season?

I'm starting to think we would have been better off missing the playoffs. No way Tomlin axes him this offseason, unfortunately.

Jooser
12-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm still stuck on the 'this-year' season. We're headed into the playoffs @ the second seed. I'll worry about that stuff when we're done in the playoffs, however that may end up.

Steeler Shades
12-24-2008, 12:01 PM
...I'm starting to think we would have been better off missing the playoffs. No way Tomlin axes him this offseason, unfortunately.
Blasphemy!!! No way are we better off missing the playoffs. Hopefully BA will be taken care of after we win the SB. Regardless of the teams success it is difficult to hide BA's incompetence. 8)

Sugar
12-24-2008, 12:09 PM
:Agree :Agree I can't ever say that I'd NOT want to make the playoffs. We are the division champs and on the verge of a AFCN sweep.

frankthetank1
12-24-2008, 12:38 PM
even if the steelers win a game or two in the post season i would still think arians job will be in question

MeetJoeGreene
12-24-2008, 01:47 PM
I can never think "strategically" like that when it comes to the Steelers.

I always want to win, go to the playoffs, and advance.

That being said, I sincerly hope the 2 are NOT mutually exclusive.

Please Mike -- get rid of Bruce regardless.

eniparadoxgma
12-24-2008, 06:45 PM
...and have BA get fired, than to make the playoffs, go one-and-done, but have his sorry arrssse around here as OC again next season?

I'm starting to think we would have been better off missing the playoffs. No way Tomlin axes him this offseason, unfortunately.

Wow. You've already given up all hope that we might make it to the Superbowl or perhaps even win it?

There's no way to know we'll go one and done until the first playoff game is over, therefore this question is meaningless IMO.

pfelix73
12-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Let's look at it from another angle. If the Steelers should happen to win the SB, maybe BA will get an opportunity to be a head coach. Say for the Cleveland Browns. That would just about do in the Browns for- say- the next 5-10 years.

We can hop can't we? Tis the season....

Merry Christmas all..............

SidSmythe
12-24-2008, 11:15 PM
What a retarded post

The only reason i'm responding is b/c i need more posts to better my rookie status.

TonyRomo
12-24-2008, 11:57 PM

No question that Colon, Starks, Kemo, Hartwig, etc have nothing to do with the problems on the offense.

Steeler fans are funny. :)

BradshawsHairdresser
12-25-2008, 02:45 AM
No, I'm not giving up on the Steelers...I hope with all my heart that we can get to the Super Bowl this offseason. But let's face it, if that happens, it will be in SPITE of Arians, not BECAUSE of him. And no, I don't see ANY way Tomlin axes BA after this season...hje won't do that since we made the playoffs.

Sorry you think this was a "retarded post," Smythie...I guess when I attain the level of genius you are at, all my posts will be as brilliant as yours :roll: . If you're not utterly frustrated with the job BA has been doing, you have a lot more patience than I do! I happen to think a defense like this doesn't come around very often, and that with any semblance of an offensive gameplan, we would be a Super Bowl cinch. But we're in grave danger of wasting a title opportunity due to the Air-head offense.

AngryAsian
12-25-2008, 03:10 AM
No, I'm not giving up on the Steelers...I hope with all my heart that we can get to the Super Bowl this offseason. But let's face it, if that happens, it will be in SPITE of Arians, not BECAUSE of him. And no, I don't see ANY way Tomlin axes BA after this season...hje won't do that since we made the playoffs.

Sorry you think this was a "retarded post," Smythie...I guess when I attain the level of genius you are at, all my posts will be as brilliant as yours :roll: . If you're not utterly frustrated with the job BA has been doing, you have a lot more patience than I do! I happen to think a defense like this doesn't come around very often, and that with any semblance of an offensive gameplan, we would be a Super Bowl cinch. But we're in grave danger of wasting a title opportunity due to the Air-head offense.

Bruce had his "pass" with last year's one and done effort. This year we attain a first round bye and have an opportunity to represent in the AFCCG with one win in the playoffs. Regardless of how we do in the playoffs, this team meritted this year's playoff status on the strength of a dominating D, in spite of BA's retarded offensive schemes. He's done.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Congrats......a late but powerful contender for idiotic thread of the year!!

Steeler Shades
12-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Congrats......a late but powerful contender for idiotic thread of the year!!
Now that's the Christmas spirit. 8)

buckeyehoppy
12-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Let's look at it from another angle. If the Steelers should happen to win the SB, maybe BA will get an opportunity to be a head coach. Say for the Cleveland Browns. That would just about do in the Browns for- say- the next 5-10 years.

We can hop can't we? Tis the season....

Merry Christmas all..............

If that happened, I'd look at the whole "God Thing" in a whole new light.

:Bow

:Clap

eniparadoxgma
12-25-2008, 11:23 PM

I also want BA gone. However, this:

I'm starting to think we would have been better off missing the playoffs.

...should never be uttered by anyone other than fans of teams that have to root for high draft picks instead of their team in playoff games.

I mean, I want him gone probably as much as anyone else, but to ever not want your team in the playoffs where they have a legitimate shot at the Superbowl is just beyond ludicrous to me.

Dunno man.

frankthetank1
12-26-2008, 11:28 AM
i would rather the steelers win the sb and ba has success and stays in pittsburgh then see the team lose and then fire ba. i hate ba but he is the steelers oc so i want him to do well.

SidSmythe
12-26-2008, 12:25 PM
How did this post make it to a 2nd page.

not like someone posted a hot chick in it or something :Boobs

BradshawsHairdresser
12-26-2008, 04:08 PM
How did this post make it to a 2nd page.

Well, YOU'RE still responding to it........ :roll:

feltdizz
12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
I posted earlier about Arians staying because of our record. All over the country though all I hear is how bad Arians is... I have to think this may actually have an impact on his future. I've never heard an OC get trashed so badly.

Arians is terrible!!!

eniparadoxgma
12-26-2008, 07:00 PM
I posted earlier about Arians staying because of our record. All over the country though all I hear is how bad Arians is... I have to think this may actually have an impact on his future. I've never heard an OC get trashed so badly.

Arians is terrible!!!

Yea, typical fan who blames the Coordinator.

Lets see, your Running back couldn't beat good defenses in 06. The idiot Quarterback was getting sacked 50 times in 06. Was Arians the problem then too? :D

Can we get a ban here?

Fans of other teams are alright as long as they're not just bashing our team. The above is just bashing our team IMO.

And TonyHomo, when was the last time your team won a SB? Oh, that long? How about a playoff game?

Cowgirl trolls? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Djfan
12-27-2008, 12:40 AM

Arians is terrible!!!

Yea, typical fan who blames the Coordinator.

Lets see, your Running back couldn't beat good defenses in 06. The idiot Quarterback was getting sacked 50 times in 06. Was Arians the problem then too? :D

Can we get a ban here?

Fans of other teams are alright as long as they're not just bashing our team. The above is just bashing our team IMO.

And TonyHomo, when was the last time your team won a SB? Oh, that long? How about a playoff game?

Cowgirl trolls? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yup. Please mods look at your reported posts.

Please no one feed the trolls. No one wants a repeat of the stupid we all left behind.

Djfan
12-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Now back to the thread.

It's this "look to the future" idea that got the Pack in their situation. Letting one of the best QBs go because you are looking to the future, when your team was a few points away from the SB berth the year before, is stupid.

Win this year. Next year means nothing.

Then fire Brucey A!

Wolfhound45
12-27-2008, 02:03 AM
I personally like fans of other teams coming to the site, breaking up the monotony. However, this guy is nothing but a troll for a team that could not even defend it's own turf with the playoffs on the line, last game in their stadium, with all of their "greats" there to close it out.

Pretty pathetic actually.

Sad thing is, IF he does have tickets to their games, he probably sold them to a Ratbirds fan.