PDA

View Full Version : Ken Anderson

MeetJoeGreene
12-23-2008, 09:03 AM
So, if we are talking about coaches to can (i.e. Arians, Larry Z), should Kenny be mentioned? I can't say that he has really done anything that I can see to help Ben progress as a QB in 2 years.

My fear is that Arians will stay and Ken will take the fall.

flippy
12-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Has Ben's mechanics improved?

Decision making?

Maybe Ken A deserves some blame.

ramblinjim
12-23-2008, 09:53 AM

Decision making?

It's hard to say about Anderson. Ben isn't having a good year this year but he was fantastic last year. Does he deserve some blame? I say yes, Ben's decision making hasn't gotten any better but you can't blame Anderson for the OLine and the play calling.

Of course Anderson was a Bungle...... :bungalssuck

frankthetank1
12-23-2008, 09:55 AM
i liked mark whipple. it seemed like he and ben really got along well

SidSmythe
12-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Whipple was good ...

I think we need an overhaul on offense period.
Starting w/ the coaching staff, then w/ the Offensive Line.

BDESteel
12-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Funny you ask MJG. I brought this up to one of my friends yesterday. He's probably the closest and most influential person in Ben's life (regarding the team) right now.
He's responsible for helping Ben make dicisions on reading the field and Ben's reading the field like a blind man right now and we give KA a pass. I think he should be held responsible too.

Decision making?

It's hard to say about Anderson. Ben isn't having a good year this year but he was fantastic last year. Does he deserve some blame? I say yes, Ben's decision making hasn't gotten any better but you can't blame Anderson for the OLine and the play calling.

Of course Anderson was a Bungle...... :bungalssuck
You're exactly right. You can say the same things about Arians but he seems to get all the blame. If there was a mole in the org it most likely would be the Bungal. :lol:

Jom112
12-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Sure blame the Bengal. I think Anderson has done a good job so far. For the number of passing attempts Ben has had the past two seasons, I think his INT % would be a lot higher if it wasn't for Ken Anderson.

There are still mechanical issues that Ben has, like how he was holding the ball high or away from his body at times in the Titans game which lead to easy fumbles. But you can't fix every bad habit a QB has in two seasons. I think passing wise Ben has improved, he has become more accurate and throws less INT's since Anderson took over.

Also it's been mentioned how Ben calls more of his own plays now especially in the no huddle. In the no huddle Ben has looked better. I think that has a lot to do with Anderson as well.

Of course I am biased...

Starlifter
12-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Now Jom, you should know by now.........when in doubt you ALWAYS blame the bungle..... :nono .. :D

Steelhere10
12-23-2008, 10:33 PM
i may be a little off base here , but it seems to me that Ben is hard to coach. i think he kinda does what he want to do.

ramblinjim
12-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Now Jom, you should know by now.........when in doubt you ALWAYS blame the bungle..... :nono .. :D

Or the Brown? Or the former Steeler?

Steel Life
12-24-2008, 08:46 AM
How do you coach getting away from a jailbreak?...or bad play-calling?

Steel Life
12-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Being realistic, Ben (ergo Tomlin) has decent offensive players that are constantly undermined by an offensive system ill-designed to their talent - & that falls on Arians.

I think it's reasonable to say that this team has over-achieved - but it does not have an identity offensively, does not impose itself or strike fear into anyone. I put the succes squarely on the players, who try their best & succeed despite questionable coaching from Arians & Zeirline. Who's to say how much input Anderson really has? But I think that the entire offensive coaching staff needs to go & find someone who fits both the team's & Tomlin's philosophy...someone Tomlin can pick rather than being told who he will use.

My vote is for Tom Clements, who has been here & knows how the team works, & helped both Kordell & Tommy get to the Pro-Bowl. He's currently the Packers QB coach & has helped both Favre & Rodgers have good seasons.

VirgilBosett
12-24-2008, 09:49 AM
After last season....the entire off season, and this year....knowing the line was going to put them in the same situation time and time again, I hoped Arians, Anderson, and Ben would have come up with more than what they have.

What they have come up with is completely unacceptable. BA and KA should be gone.

I like the Clements call.

frankthetank1
12-24-2008, 12:43 PM
After last season....the entire off season, and this year....knowing the line was going to put them in the same situation time and time again, I hoped Arians, Anderson, and Ben would have come up with more than what they have.

What they have come up with is completely unacceptable. BA and KA should be gone.

i agree, its as if they came in this season with the same exact philosphy from last. the running game still stunk last season, but to make a change and put a fb in would make to much sense. btw i love your sig!!!

BDESteel
12-24-2008, 11:00 PM

i agree, its as if they came in this season with the same exact philosphy from last. the running game still stunk last season, but to make a change and put a fb in would make to much sense. btw i love your sig!!!

I'm sorry but didn't we have the leading rusher in the NFL until Willie broke his leg :?:

Djfan
12-25-2008, 03:51 AM
I'm sorry but didn't we have the leading rusher in the NFL until Willie broke his leg :?:

Yes, but you could make an argument that his injuries were because of no FB blocking.

frankthetank1
12-26-2008, 11:38 AM

Yes, but you could make an argument that his injuries were because of no FB blocking.

maybe his injuries this season but not his broken leg last season. that can happen to any rb at any time

Steeler Mafia
12-26-2008, 12:32 PM

We also had the 3rd top rated passer in the league last year, but you saw where that got us come playoff time.

Last I checked, the trophy we are striving to win is called the Lombardi Trophy, not the "We had the Leading Rusher Trophy".

RuthlessBurgher
12-26-2008, 04:30 PM

We also had the 3rd top rated passer in the league last year, but you saw where that got us come playoff time.

Last I checked, the trophy we are striving to win is called the Lombardi Trophy, not the "We had the Leading Rusher Trophy".

Or, as Tomlin put it, "Every morning I come to work, I walk past five Lombardi (trophies). Not five rushing titles."