PDA

View Full Version : Ben should change up his stomp

Djfan
12-23-2008, 04:23 AM
He always has a fake stomp (snap signal) as he waits for the other team's D to give up their formations.

A good OC would have him actually hike it at that point, because he knows the other team is waiting to commit to a formation until after the second stomp, with 2 seconds left on the clock.

If Brucey A is reading, it's called "Not being predictable", or "Tricking the defense", or "Trying something new."

Just a thought.

California-Steel
12-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Well what me and a few others were talking about is that he lets the clock run down to 1 sec most of the time letting the D time the blitz because the ball has to be hiked. The blitzing linebacker, saftey, or corner gets a running start, not to mention the ends getting a jump also. Not good.

stlrz d
12-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Well what me and a few others were talking about is that he lets the clock run down to 1 sec most of the time letting the D time the blitz because the ball has to be hiked. The blitzing linebacker, saftey, or corner gets a running start, not to mention the ends getting a jump also. Not good.

That's the real problem. I hadn't even thought of it that way until Buckeyehoppy mentioned it.

MeetJoeGreene
12-23-2008, 08:58 AM
[quote="California-Steel":184tce3x]Well what me and a few others were talking about is that he lets the clock run down to 1 sec most of the time letting the D time the blitz because the ball has to be hiked. The blitzing linebacker, saftey, or corner gets a running start, not to mention the ends getting a jump also. Not good.

That's the real problem. I hadn't even thought of it that way until Buckeyehoppy mentioned it.[/quote:184tce3x]

That is one of the real problems to be sure.

flippy
12-23-2008, 09:10 AM
I don't think Ben gets the play call early enough.

Arians seems to be slow to get in the play.