PDA

View Full Version : Screen pass

NorCal-Steeler
12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
With our O-line so bad at blocking and our Rb unable to gain yards why cant we run simple screen plays to get the ball to our rb's in open space. From what I've seen our o-line is very good at makeing contact and letting the D-line come right through so why no a few screens.

Jigawatts
12-22-2008, 03:37 PM
At least the last two screen plays thrown to FWP failed because Parker didn't turn to
see the ball coming. That's how bad our offense is.

phillyesq
12-22-2008, 03:46 PM
I've often wondered why the Steelers don't throw more screens. I'd like to see Moore as the recipient of some screen passes. The Steelers seemed to love throwing screens to the likes of Dump Truck and Verron Haynes -- why not throw it to Moore?

NorthCoast
12-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Because our OL has very limited mobility. You have to have guards and tackles with feet that can move and we simply do not have that athleticism there.

RuthlessBurgher
12-22-2008, 05:30 PM
At least the last two screen plays thrown to FWP failed because Parker didn't turn to

I apologize for getting off topic here, but it is freaky how James Harrison's face in the middle of your sig disappears from view if I am looking from the left of my monitor, but then it shows up if I am looking from the right side of the monitor. He is truly stealthy when coming from the blind side! :Steel

Jigawatts
12-22-2008, 05:33 PM

I apologize for getting off topic here, but it is freaky how James Harrison's face in the middle of your sig disappears from view if I am looking from the left of my monitor, but then it shows up if I am looking from the right side of the monitor. He is truly stealthy when coming from the blind side! :Steel

What's wrong with you?

:P

steelz09
12-22-2008, 08:34 PM
IMO, it's because of two reasons:

1) Ben is absolutely horrible at setting up the screen play and throwing screen passes. I don't know why, but he makes a very poor effort at setting/"selling" the screens

2) Our O-Line is to fat, to slow, and to non-athletic to get out in front in time.

steeld95
12-22-2008, 08:37 PM

1) Ben is absolutely horrible at setting up the screen play and throwing screen passes. I don't know why, but he makes a very poor effort at setting/"selling" the screens

Alot of times it seems like he tries to gun it in there on the screen pass. He needs to wait til the D lineman get past their guy and lob it over their head

RuthlessBurgher
12-22-2008, 09:42 PM

Alot of times it seems like he tries to gun it in there on the screen pass. He needs to wait til the D lineman get past their guy and lob it over their head

The last time he tried to lob a screen, Mike Vrabel caught it...and white men can't jump.

California-Steel
12-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Time for a new monitor. :)

frankthetank1
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
ben does suck at throwing screens to the rb's for some reason. when he throws them to the wr's they are on the money. two screens were thrown to fwp but only one of them was a catchable ball