PDA

View Full Version : So how do you recover when our team loses?



costanza2k1
12-22-2008, 03:16 PM
After a loss, I am just peeved for a few hours after the loss. The family knows to stay away from me while I try to digest the loss.

For therapy I come online to see if others feel the same as me, most of the time the answer is yes they do. It relaxes me to come online to see people waiving starting, benching our QB, firing coaches and so on. It just cracks me up because I say the same things during the game, why you ask...because it's the easiest thing to do. Format and reinstall baby. I would say I'm about 25% cured after web surfing. For the other 75% I go online and whoop up on people in Madden. That makes me feel so much better...so what do you guys/gals do?

frankthetank1
12-22-2008, 03:20 PM
i was upset yesterday, but not like i usually am after a loss. it wasnt a big loss in the least, so im not too upset. usually i dont come here for a day or so and try not to think about football at all, then i come here for my therapy. a playoff loss however i might not come here for a week. its hard to watch other games after i watch the steelers lose

Jigawatts
12-22-2008, 03:21 PM
No ESPN, NFL Network, or sports talk radio for the rest of the week.

RuthlessBurgher
12-22-2008, 03:27 PM
After a loss, I am just peeved for a few hours after the loss. The family knows to stay away from me while I try to digest the loss.

For therapy I come online to see if others feel the same as me, most of the time the answer is yes they do. It relaxes me to come online to see people waiving starting, benching our QB, firing coaches and so on. It just cracks me up because I say the same things during the game, why you ask...because it's the easiest thing to do. Format and reinstall baby. I would say I'm about 25% cured after web surfing. For the other 75% I go online and whoop up on people in Madden. That makes me feel so much better...so what do you guys/gals do?

Is that like Making Poking? :lol:

costanza2k1
12-22-2008, 03:31 PM
After a loss, I am just peeved for a few hours after the loss. The family knows to stay away from me while I try to digest the loss.

For therapy I come online to see if others feel the same as me, most of the time the answer is yes they do. It relaxes me to come online to see people waiving starting, benching our QB, firing coaches and so on. It just cracks me up because I say the same things during the game, why you ask...because it's the easiest thing to do. Format and reinstall baby. I would say I'm about 25% cured after web surfing. For the other 75% I go online and whoop up on people in Madden. That makes me feel so much better...so what do you guys/gals do?

Is that like Making Poking? :lol:


Dang it...looks like you just got banned from the site. LOL strlz_d making poking on me in 1.....2......3......

NorCal-Steeler
12-22-2008, 03:34 PM
A game like yesterday i can deal with we beat ourselves. If it was a playoff game id be a little more devistated.
It helps knowing i live in 49er/Raider land so i can always hold my head high.
The whole Madden thing works well and for me or i just tune into the NHL untill the Steelers next game.

Jooser
12-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, those of you that hit the chat board every week have read my rants there and on here. This board is very therapeutic. I like to come here and vent and then I'm ok. I definitely don't watch any more football the rest of the week, like Jiga, no ESPN, no NFL anything. I also like to go play Counterstike online and kill people with guns, knives and HE grenades. :twisted: ...and lest I forget, I like making poking at people too.... :nono

Wolfhound45
12-22-2008, 04:25 PM
No ESPN, NFL Network, or sports talk radio for the rest of the week.

Ditto.

However, it often depends on the loss.

When we lost to the Chargers in the AFCCG I boxed up everything Steelers for the entire offseason.

When we lost to the Cowboys in SB XXX I shrugged and said the more talented team won.

This loss did not make me as angry because 1) We beat ourselves and 2) I did not (and still do not) want the #1 seed. The only thing that ticked me off was the Terrible Towel incidents. That was just not necessary. They proved their point on the scoreboard. They did not have to make it personal. I consider them to be classless and cowardly.

Tell me if LenDale White would have done that before the game in front of James Harrison. Doubtful.

Coward.

Ozey74
12-22-2008, 04:38 PM
The only thing that helps me get over a loss is the same thing to help me get over a hangover: TIME

fordfixer
12-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I go to work the next day just like I do when they win :tt1

proudpittsburgher
12-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I don't need to see the highlights, I don't need to hear the analists, I don't even like to read the paper or listen to sports talk radio. I tune it out for a few days, then I move on. I have to say, I was actually OK with the loss yesterday, but then I happened to watch a bit too long to see LW and the towel. I really wished I had turned it off before that.

feltdizz
12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
usually I avoid ESPN and the replays and highlights..

but this time I didn't really care cause a #2 seed is damn near a #1 in the AFC.

If it was an Eagles type beatdown then I would be PO'ed... but it was a Colts/Giants type loss.... TO's were obvious...

NW Steeler
12-22-2008, 08:05 PM
The only thing that helps me get over a loss is the same thing to help me get over a hangover: TIME

Ditto that. A win the following week cures all ails though! The only thing that sucks about yesterday is we saw what happens when our D isn't on top of it's game and we turn the ball over. You could say that about any team, but we cannot score enough points to make up for very many, if any mistakes.

AngryAsian
12-22-2008, 08:22 PM
For this week's loss, I stay away from anybody even remotely close to watching football. I received a text message from one of the guys I play poker with, who I also work with. A Dolphin fan, who only had one word in his text message: "CHOKE"... since the fins won yesterday I could reply with anything other than "F*CK YOU!" The only thing that keeps me happy after a loss is a win the next week, until then I'm inconsolable. So everybody tread lightly... I'm "AngryAsian" for the rest of the week. :x

Jooser
12-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Unleash the NINJAS!!!!!! :lol:

steelsun7
12-22-2008, 09:00 PM
No ESPN, NFL Network, or sports talk radio for the rest of the week.


BINGO!!!!

Djfan
12-23-2008, 04:51 AM
Depends on the loss. This one was not that bad for me, but I'm off from teaching for 3 weeks so little to harrass me about.

I'm good with it. Was in San Diego with Mrs. Fan tonight. Represented loudly. No shame. It's all good.

kennyes
12-23-2008, 05:55 AM
I tend to drink...

flippy
12-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Losing happens.

Doesn't bother me that much.

It used to when I was younger.

But it happens.

There's gonna be as many losses as wins over the course of an NFL season.

It is what it is.

MeetJoeGreene
12-23-2008, 09:01 AM
No ESPN, NFL Network, or sports talk radio for the rest of the week.

We are blood brothers. I can't deal with ANY of that stuff either.

My posting is also diminished for a day or so until I start crawling out of my depression.

RuthlessBurgher
12-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Losing happens.

Doesn't bother me that much.

It used to when I was younger.

But it happens.

There's gonna be as many losses as wins over the course of an NFL season.

It is what it is.

For teams like the Redskins, Broncos, Bills, etc., you expect as many losses as wins over the course of the season. Teams like that always seem to hover around .500 for some reason...they haven't been really good in some time, but they haven't been truly awful either. Teams like the Lions, Bengals, Browns, etc. expect more losses than wins over the course of a season. A culture of losing. Teams like the Steelers, Colts, and Asterisks expect more wins than losses over the course of a season. Consistent winners over time. I expect at least twice as many wins as losses in a season. This year, we have been fortunate enough to have roughly three times as many wins as losses.