PDA

View Full Version : AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TO BE HELD IN PITTSBURGH

Discipline of Steel
12-22-2008, 02:32 PM
where we will be defeating Baltimore after we dispose of Indy.

SteelerNation1
12-22-2008, 02:36 PM
For some reason I think it''l be SD at Pitt in the div round and Balt at Tenn. Then, balt @ Pitt

I think SD beats Indy in SD if they play

RuthlessBurgher
12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
I think we defeat #3 seed Miami at Heinz in the divisional round after they knock off the #6 seed Ratbirds in South Florida. Then we defeat #5 seed Indy at Heinz in the AFC Championship game at Heinz after they go on the road to beat the #4 seed AFC West winner and upset the #1 seed Titans in Nashville.

Oviedo
12-22-2008, 02:43 PM
For some reason I think it''l be SD at Pitt in the div round and Balt at Tenn. Then, balt @ Pitt

I think SD beats Indy in SD if they play

I agree that if SD and Indy play there is a good chance SD wins.

No way Baltimore beats Tennessee, but I would like them to physically beat the snot out of the Titans before we play them.

feltdizz
12-22-2008, 02:48 PM
once the playoffs start we all know anything can happen.
Titans will be one and done IMO.. I have a feelin'

NW Steeler
12-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I have a feeling that we see the Ravens again too. Then we'll have to watch a weeks worth of Ray Ray and that ugly ass Suggs talking about getting their "revenge" against us. I would like nothing better than to beat their ass a third time. They make me the most nervous of all the teams we may play in the playoffs though.

NorCal-Steeler
12-22-2008, 09:03 PM
I really hope we play the Titans on their feild again. I'd love to see Ward do his foot scraping dirt over a pile of crap routine again in front of their players and fans. I would love to see Ben polish the championship trophy with the towel. :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
I really hope we play the Titans on their feild again. I'd love to see Ward do his foot scraping dirt over a pile of crap routine again in front of their players and fans. I would love to see Ben polish the championship trophy with the towel. :tt2

Tomlin should have every one of our players come out of the tunnel waving Terrible Towels during player introductions. That would rock (especially since half the crowd in Nashville would be waving right along with them).

:tt2 :tt1

NorCal-Steeler
12-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I'd love to see Harrison beat Lendale White with a bar of soap in a terrible towel like on full metal jacket. Can someone photoshop that for me?? LMAO

Wolfhound45
12-22-2008, 09:26 PM

Tomlin should have every one of our players come out of the tunnel waving Terrible Towels during player introductions. That would rock (especially since half the crowd in Nashville would be waving right along with them).

:tt2 :tt1

You guys nailed it. Though I think it is even money the Flaming Thumbtacks do not even make it to the AFCCG, I would love to see what you have both described. It would be absolutely awesome.

RuthlessBurgher
12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I'd love to see Harrison beat Lendale White with a bar of soap in a terrible towel like on full metal jacket. Can someone photoshop that for me?? LMAO

Hogerules33 already did that one:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/manstein1973/pylefinalsel.gif

Discipline of Steel
12-22-2008, 10:35 PM
That clip would be funny as one of Joosers jibjab videos. I think it should be James Harrison holding Lendale down and Hines Ward flogging his a$$.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-23-2008, 10:20 AM
#1 TITANS
#2 STEELERS
#3 PATRIOTS
#4 CHARGERS
#5 COLTS
#6 RAVENS

TITANS-BYE
STEELERS-BYE
RAVENS@PATRIOTS
COLTS@CHARGERS

RAVENS@TITANS
COLTS@STEELERS

RAVENS@STEELERS

STEELERS@SUPERBOWL

Not what I am hoping for...Just what I think will happen!
I'm hoping for:

#1 TITANS
#2 STEELERS
#3 DOLPHINS
#4 BRONCOS
#5 COLTS
#6 RAVENS

TITANS-BYE
STEELERS-BYE
RAVENS@DOLPHINS
COLTS@BRONCOS

BRONCOS@TITANS
DOLPHINS@STEELERS

BRONCOS@STEELERS

STEELERS@SUPERBOWL

Like I said...I could wish!!!

BradshawsHairdresser
12-25-2008, 02:49 AM
I think the AFC Championship game will be held in Tennessee, and the Steelers will be there
for sure IF Bruce Arians develops acute appendicitis and has to be hospitalized for the playoffs.

TallyStiller
12-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Would be a lot like '05 if it happened - Pats* were kind of our nemesis... but Denver took them out in what was still perhaps the most enjoyable experience I've ever had watching an NFL game that did NOT involve a Steeler victory. We stepped up, spanked Denver the next week, and it was on to Detroit.

This year, any of the 4/5/6 that would go to Tennessee could beat them. All are playing well right now, but we beat two of them here, and outplayed the third (I'm assuming San Diego, Indy, Baltimore, the most dangerous trio I can think of, making it). Would be sweet if all the pieces fell in place for us again, like in '05. You gotta be good to get into position to win, but it also helps to have a few breaks go your way along the way.