PDA

View Full Version : 8 - 13 - 9

Steeler Shades
12-22-2008, 02:09 PM
8 - 13 - 9
5 under 60
John Steigerwald quoted those numbers last night on the Cochran Sports Show. What are they?

Ben's numbers against winning teams
8 TDs
13 Picks
9 Fumbles
5 games with a passer rating less than 60
8)

SidSmythe
12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
This post sucked until i got to your sig.

Ben's gotta get his head out of his butt and quit tippin' the bottle on saturday nights

Jooser
12-22-2008, 02:35 PM
8 - 13 - 9
5 under 60
John Steigerwald quoted those numbers last night on the Cochran Sports Show. What are they?

Ben's numbers against winning teams
8 TDs
13 Picks
9 Fumbles
5 games with a passer rating less than 60
8)

Ouchies. Again, without this incredible defense, I'd say we're 8-7 right now instead of 11-4.

frankthetank1
12-22-2008, 03:13 PM
ben needs to pick it up. he had a great month of games and a stinker yesterday. at least he is still better than tony romo. man that guy is anything but clutch

NorthCoast
12-22-2008, 05:56 PM
We could do a lot worse than Ben....(and we have). That said, I wonder if the good defenses have figure Ben's game out and also have the players to defend against him? Somewhere I read that he really struggles with Cover 2 defenses, but maybe that could go for most NFL QBs anyway. Many times, Ben is his own worst enemy by not taking the easy way out.

flippy
12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
wow.

maybe there's a case for bringing in byron. :stirpot

AngryAsian
12-22-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm not a Ben hater, but it is these numbers that have prevented me from giving him the elite QB moniker. He's our franchise QB, without a doubt... better than Malone, Brister, Maddox, Stewart... etc. Not since Bradshaw have I been this pleased with the play from the QB position, and 50 wins faster than any other QB to start his career is a testament to how good he can be... but to be elite you have to win the big games against the stiffest competition and above all else, PROTECT THE FOOTBALL.

stlrz d
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM
One need only look back to the '05 playoffs to see what he is capable of.

With some help from the running game I believe he can be that player again.

Starlifter
12-22-2008, 10:48 PM
the ability to run the football has far greater impact on a QB's performance than anything else. A team that can run and control the clock allows the QB to be a superstar. A team that can't run paints a target and greatly diminishes the QB's ability to win games. There are rare exceptions to this rule, the colts come to mind. The bottom line for this year is, we can't run. teams no longer respect the run. they rush 4 (aka titans) and are still able to get to the QB. Our draws and screens are predictable and easy to defense. We try to be multi-dimensional, but we are not. Ben IS a great QB but it is a very rare individual that can still put up great numbers when the defense knows you have to throw, throw, throw.....

proudpittsburgher
12-23-2008, 09:02 AM
ben needs to pick it up. he had a great month of games and a stinker yesterday. at least he is still better than tony romo. man that guy is anything but clutch

Not picking on you here, Frank, but this is the kind of comment that drives me nutz. He had a great month of games, then one bad one. And because of that one bad one, against a top 5 defense on the road, we have many on here calling for his benching, pointing out his problems, criticising him, etc. :wft :Hater

Steeler Shades
12-23-2008, 12:20 PM
He had a great month of games, then one bad one. And because of that one bad one, against a top 5 defense on the road, we have many on here calling for his benching, pointing out his problems, criticising him, etc. :wft :Hater
8-13-9 isn't so bad. 8)