PDA

View Full Version : Pump Fakes

NorthCoast
12-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Again, I did not get to see the whole game so someone who did please give me the poop.

I have been reading that several times Ben pump faked 2 or 3 times. Was this because the WRs were have trouble shaking the coverage? or was were they trying to run double moves down field? I read somewhere where the Titan DBs were playing press coverage and this seems to be the Achilles heel for our WRs especially Holmes.

Any insights?

flippy
12-22-2008, 01:59 PM
He looked like he was going to lose the ball on a couple of those pump fakes.

Jooser
12-22-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't know if pump 'fakes' would necessarily be the right term. It looked more like indecision. I think he started to throw a couple of times, but changed his mind. The bottom line is, you can't do that on a 3 step drop and hold the ball for 5 seconds, you gotta throw to someone, or throw it over their heads out of bounds or your gonna get sacked, fumble, etc.....

BDESteel
12-22-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't know if pump 'fakes' would necessarily be the right term. It looked more like indecision. I think he started to throw a couple of times, but changed his mind. The bottom line is, you can't do that on a 3 step drop and hold the ball for 5 seconds, you gotta throw to someone, or throw it over their heads out of bounds or your gonna get sacked, fumble, etc.....
:Clap :Cheers