PDA

View Full Version : 3 Passes Ben Didn't Make

flippy
12-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Early in the game, he was scrambling and waving Tonio down the field. Ben overthrew him on the run.

Another scramble, he overthrew Ward on what could have been another TD.

Then on his scramble/fumble inside the Titans 5, he was running toward Nate's side of the field and Nate was standing all alone in the back corner of the endzone.

If we make any of those plays and those are the types of plays I expect from Ben, we'd have won this game. It would have changed the complexion of the game.

Iron Shiek
12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Early in the game, he was scrambling and waving Tonio down the field. Ben overthrew him on the run.

Then on his scramble/fumble inside the Titans 5, he was running toward Nate's side of the field and Nate was standing all alone in the back corner of the endzone.

If we make any of those plays and those are the types of plays I expect from Ben, we'd have won this game. It would have changed the complexion of the game.

Yeah he better watch tape of those three plays and all of his fumbles and learn from it. You can't argue with any of your logic there...

MeetJoeGreene
12-22-2008, 12:15 PM
And on his other lost fumble he had someone out in the flat.

And on his other int he had someone out in the flat.

Jooser
12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I agree with everything pointed out here. Let me just add that he almost overthrew 'Tonio on the first TD. 'Tonio just made an incredible dive to get there. The TD pass to Hines was high, Hines just made a Hines play for the ball. And what's up with his passes anyway, they're never on target so that the WR can catch it on the run and it looks like he's forgotten that a football is supposed to spiral when thrown, not wabble around like a duck. His passes are just freaking ugly alot of the time..... :HeadBanger

Leper Friend
12-22-2008, 08:32 PM
The play that stuck out the most was his int late in the 3rd on 3rd and 2. Anyone who recorded the game , go look how wide open Mewelde Moore was.Ben even looks his way for a second than forces a ball deep.

Jooser
12-22-2008, 08:47 PM
The play that stuck out the most was his int late in the 3rd on 3rd and 2. Anyone who recorded the game , go look how wide open Mewelde Moore was.Ben even looks his way for a second than forces a ball deep.

Yep, I know the play you're talking about Rod, I was throwing a holy fit in the chat room over that blown play Sunday.

NorCal-Steeler
12-22-2008, 08:48 PM
The one throw he did make was throwing the game. I hate to see them lose but personaly i think a loss going into the playoffs will be good for them in the long run.

stlrz d
12-22-2008, 09:50 PM
In his defense, the TD to Holmes was thrown to the only place it could have been thrown without being a pick.

It was a "either Holmes will make a great play and catch it or it's an incomplete pass and we line up again" type throw.

SidSmythe
12-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Ben's starting to tick me off

BURGH86STEEL
12-23-2008, 01:18 AM

Ben has not been good outside the pocket this season. People continue to talk about his ability to make plays outside the pocket but they have not been there this season.

flippy
12-23-2008, 09:14 AM

Ben has not been good outside the pocket this season. People continue to talk about his ability to make plays outside the pocket but they have not been there this season.

That's the difference in Ben. Not making a couple big plays outside the pocket each game.

If he makes a couple of these plays, we'd be dominating.