PDA

View Full Version : Titans Not That Good...

Slapstick
12-22-2008, 08:46 AM
...the Steelers just played poorly in all three phases of the game...

Cases in point:

1st Quarter - 5:56: Ben Roethlisberger fumbles at 1 yard line; recovered by Tennessee = scoring opportunity lost

3rd Quarter - 5:05: Tennessee ball, 4th and 1 at Pittsburgh 21 yard line; Ike Taylor slips and falls, missing Chris Johnson 5 yards deep in the offensive backfield = what should have been a 5 yard loss and turning the ball over on downs becomes a Titans' TD

3rd Quarter - 0:16: Pittsburgh's Chris Hoke called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct on a FG attempt, giving Tennessee 1st and Goal at the Pittsburgh 2 yard line = within two plays, LenDale rushes for a one yard TD

The thing is, by that point in the game, Pittsburgh had turned the ball over three times...Tennessee had not turned the ball over at all...if the ref doesn't make that bogus unsportsmanlike call on Hoke, Tennessee kicks the FG and is up by only 6 points instead of 10...

But, he did make that bull$h!t call, so it's a moot point...

The Steelers will have to play better if they meet Tennessee again...but, I'm not certain that Tennessee will make it to the AFCC...they were the better team yesterday, but they were not overly impressive...

Ozey74
12-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Tennessee is drinking their own Kool-Aid right now. The may go into the post season over confident and get beat the first game they played.

You know what they say: "The sun shines on a dogs a$$ every now and then"

Steelgal
12-22-2008, 09:00 AM
I honestly believe the only team that can beat the Steelers, come the playoffs, is themselves. As we witnessed yesterday...............

frankthetank1
12-22-2008, 09:06 AM
I honestly believe the only team that can beat the Steelers, come the playoffs, is themselves. As we witnessed yesterday...............

i agree 100%. they looked like crap yesterday and they still could of won. they either kill themselves with penalities or turnovers. sometimes both

MeetJoeGreene
12-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Our defense looked a little tired yesterday. Hopefully by the playoffs they are angry and rested.

Ben looked like Ben in the middle of the season. Because of his fumbles and MISSED CHECKDOWNS, we left A LOT of runners on base.

BURGH86STEEL
12-22-2008, 09:09 AM

Cases in point:

1st Quarter - 5:56: Ben Roethlisberger fumbles at 1 yard line; recovered by Tennessee = scoring opportunity lost

3rd Quarter - 5:05: Tennessee ball, 4th and 1 at Pittsburgh 21 yard line; Ike Taylor slips and falls, missing Chris Johnson 5 yards deep in the offensive backfield = what should have been a 5 yard loss and turning the ball over on downs becomes a Titans' TD

3rd Quarter - 0:16: Pittsburgh's Chris Hoke called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct on a FG attempt, giving Tennessee 1st and Goal at the Pittsburgh 2 yard line = within two plays, LenDale rushes for a one yard TD

The thing is, by that point in the game, Pittsburgh had turned the ball over three times...Tennessee had not turned the ball over at all...if the ref doesn't make that bogus unsportsmanlike call on Hoke, Tennessee kicks the FG and is up by only 6 points instead of 10...

The Steelers will have to play better if they meet Tennessee again...but, I'm not certain that Tennessee will make it to the AFCC...they were the better team yesterday, but they were not overly impressive...

I do not think you can take anything away from the Titans. They are a good team and their record proves it.

Sometimes, the things you stated are what separates the good teams from the better teams. I think the Steelers will play better if they play them again.

Slapstick
12-22-2008, 10:02 AM
I do not think you can take anything away from the Titans. They are a good team and their record proves it.

Sometimes, the things you stated are what separates the good teams from the better teams. I think the Steelers will play better if they play them again.

I'm not taking anyhting away from the Titans...yesterday, they were the better team...

They just weren't overly impressive...

Iron Shiek
12-22-2008, 10:17 AM

Cases in point:

Burgh, you took the words right off my fingers.

How can you say the Titans aren't any good. They are the #1 team in the league! Teams like the Titans are good because they capitalize on bonehead mistakes and don't make any of their own. So yeah, they may not be impressive or flashy, but they get the job done. I'd rather have a team like that then some flashy team that runs the score up like last year's Cheaters any day. These are the teams that win come playoff time.

With that said, I just saw an interesting stat. The #1 Seed in the AFC has not won the Super Bowl since 2003. And last year's Cheaters were the first to even reach the SB since 2003. So its not sewn up for the Titans just yet. We will bounce back and give a good fight.

ramblinjim
12-22-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm hoping this is just one of those games........ Hey the Giants lost to the Browns, it can happen when one team decides not to show up. This is a wake up call for our Steelers to get p!issed off and take it to everyone else they play this year.

Iron Shiek
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Well jim, I hope you are right.

This feels like the anti-2007. If you recall, we were losing to really $hitty teams throughout the year and then laid an egg in the playoffs (injuries and blown holding calls aside).

This year we beat everyone we were "supposed" to beat and have been beating good teams. And were in the games we lost for the most part. So hopefully this bodes well for the playoff run.

pfelix73
12-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Yea, you can't take anything away from the Titans. They have a well coached football team with some veterans. Plus they can run the ball and their QB will make a play when he needs to. Now, I do think they can be beat, especially if we were in a rematch with them and kept our mistakes down.

I just envy a team like the Giants and their will to run the ball. Did anyone watch that game last night? Their FB Hitchcock is the best in the business and their RB's pretty much follow him and get the tough yards. Oh how I long for the days when we had Wizz as our OC. BA blows.

Steeler Expat
12-22-2008, 11:33 AM
3rd Quarter - 0:16: Pittsburgh's Chris Hoke called for Unsportsmanlike Conduct on a FG attempt, giving Tennessee 1st and Goal at the Pittsburgh 2 yard line = within two plays, LenDale rushes for a one yard TD.

That call seemed like the refs trying to make up for what they perceived as a missed PI call against the Steelers the play before. The only problem is the play before was clear offensive PI that Simms himself missed since he is a gigantic douche bag.

williar
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Tennessee looked great to me! I don't know if it's because they played a great game against us or what, but they look like THE team to beat. Period! Also without two of their best defensive players. Tennessee is a beast! Like it or not.

Hey! I love my team, and feel we can beat anybody too when we bring our A-game. But we will definitely have to be hitting on all cylanders if we expect a victory if we play them again. I thought the ravens and the colts would be our stiffest challenge. Not anymore.

SidSmythe
12-22-2008, 02:31 PM
The score doesn't dictate what actually took place on the field.

The Titans don't scare me come playoff time, the Ravens do!!!

feltdizz
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Titans are good but they aren't scary.. they got us yesterday...

I wonder if the 2 starters make the D that much better.. it could be a problem.

I also think the Colts know this team and if they meet the Colts will beat them.