PDA

View Full Version : OT - I'm going to the Super Bowl!!!

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 08:16 PM
The fantasy super bowl that is. I've been in one league for 17 years now and have made the playoffs every season but one...and I have never gone to the super bowl.

Until now!!!

Yes Sir!!!

:tt1

phillyesq
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Congrats. In both of my leagues, I got knocked out in the equivalent of the AFCCG -- and by just one point in Chadman's league.

Last year, for the first time, I won the Fantasy SB in the league that I run. It was awesome. The bragging rights and trash talking make it very worthwhile.

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks man. 16 years and no SB sucked!

I was sweatin' it right to the end though. I benched Holmes for Walter of the Texans. Holmes = 10, Walter = 0.

What I'm really happy about is SD and Den having to play for the AFC West next week. Cutler is my QB and I need him out there!

phillyesq
12-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Cutler at SD should be a great matchup for you. Good luck!

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Cutler at SD should be a great matchup for you. Good luck!

I think so too...thanks!

Iron Shiek
12-22-2008, 12:36 AM
congrats d! I was in the same boat. Longtime league...prolly 17 years like you at least. And I just won my first head to head title today! We play head to head and straight up points (seperate money pools for both).

Then I just barely pulled out the Planet Steelers South division title as well.

Holding a 20 point lead in my last championship of the day going into Monday night. I have Ryan Grant and my opponent has Rodgers and Hester.

This would be unprecedented....3 fantasy championships in one year? Alot of luck involved with it...but i made some good trades in all leagues...

flippy
12-22-2008, 01:23 AM
The fantasy super bowl that is. I've been in one league for 17 years now and have made the playoffs every season but one...and I have never gone to the super bowl.

Until now!!!

Yes Sir!!!

:tt1

Wooooo!

stlrz d
12-22-2008, 08:45 AM
congrats d! I was in the same boat. Longtime league...prolly 17 years like you at least. And I just won my first head to head title today! We play head to head and straight up points (seperate money pools for both).

Holding a 20 point lead in my last championship of the day going into Monday night. I have Ryan Grant and my opponent has Rodgers and Hester.

This would be unprecedented....3 fantasy championships in one year? Alot of luck involved with it...but i made some good trades in all leagues...

Dude you're a one year dynasty!

Iron Shiek
12-22-2008, 10:54 AM
[quote="Iron Shiek":2hfauo9d]congrats d! I was in the same boat. Longtime league...prolly 17 years like you at least. And I just won my first head to head title today! We play head to head and straight up points (seperate money pools for both).

Dude you're a one year dynasty![/quote:2hfauo9d]

I know man! I can't believe this crap. I have never won, always come close but never freakin win! Now I am a ryan grant td away from sealing a third in one year....crikee!

stlrz d
12-22-2008, 09:32 PM
[quote="stlrz d":rzd3ct9t][quote="Iron Shiek":rzd3ct9t]congrats d! I was in the same boat. Longtime league...prolly 17 years like you at least. And I just won my first head to head title today! We play head to head and straight up points (seperate money pools for both).

Dude you're a one year dynasty![/quote:rzd3ct9t]

I know man! I can't believe this crap. I have never won, always come close but never freakin win! Now I am a ryan grant td away from sealing a third in one year....crikee![/quote:rzd3ct9t]

Well this is for you! :lol:

http://trashmenagerie.com/images/CCC/Cookie.jpg

NorCal-Steeler
12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
My team blew this year . My worst FF season ever , couldnt catch a break. My good players were always hurt and usualy i find a breakout player this year not a gem in my pile of crap...

congrats to you though.

costanza2k1
12-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Good luck D!

stlrz d
12-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks guys...I hope to be enjoying a cookie too! :lol:

Iron Shiek
12-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Good luck d.

I managed to hold on to my third one...by 5 points. That game last night was gut wrenching. d, bet you enjoyed that miracle loss by the packers. everyone down in the dumps still there?

I'll take 3 cookies please.

stlrz d
12-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Good luck d.

I managed to hold on to my third one...by 5 points. That game last night was gut wrenching. d, bet you enjoyed that miracle loss by the packers. everyone down in the dumps still there?

It's a glorious day at work. The only peeps about the Packers involve rants about who should be fired! :D

Oh yeah, fire Arians! :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
12-23-2008, 03:25 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":3kxqr5vi]Good luck d.

It's a glorious day at work. The only peeps about the Packers involve rants about who should be fired! :D

Oh yeah, fire Arians! :lol:[/quote:3kxqr5vi]

Well, if they panic and fire everyone over there, I will gladly take Pittsburgh native Mike McCarthy to replace Arians.

(and, yes, I realize that there is roughly zero chance that they fire a guy that they just signed to a 5 year extension this past offseason after leading his team to a 13-3 record and an overtime away from a Super Bowl berth a year ago)

stlrz d
12-23-2008, 08:50 PM
[quote="Iron Shiek":2ay8fkp6]Good luck d.

Oh yeah, fire Arians! :lol:

Well, if they panic and fire everyone over there, I will gladly take Pittsburgh native Mike McCarthy to replace Arians.

(and, yes, I realize that there is roughly zero chance that they fire a guy that they just signed to a 5 year extension this past offseason after leading his team to a 13-3 record and an overtime away from a Super Bowl berth a year ago)[/quote:2ay8fkp6]

Oh his name was brought up. One guy said, "They fired Ray Rhodes after one season so they can fire McCarthy after two!" :lol: