PDA

View Full Version : Should we alllow Ben to audible????

flippy
12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Ben audibled into a couple of horrible draw plays.

He's seems a bit predictable when he audibles.

But as bad as he played, he was real close on a couple of plays that would have gotten us over the hump.

Steeler Expat
12-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I counted 3 consecutive audibles to draw plays. I read on some blog earlier in the year that every single time Ben changes the play at the LOS it is to a run. He needs to mix it up as I'm sure defenses are aware of this tendency.

frankthetank1
12-22-2008, 11:52 AM
ben has done a very good job with the audibles up untill yesterday

flippy
12-22-2008, 12:13 PM

He has?

frankthetank1
12-22-2008, 12:54 PM

He has?

yea in some of the games i have seen this year. new england, both cincy games and in the jax game off hand i remember him making some audibles that were good ones. if this is the only time you have thought about the topic that should tell you something since it was the second to last game of the season

RuthlessBurgher
12-22-2008, 01:26 PM
He has done well calling his own plays in a no huddle offense, but when he changes a play that was called in the huddle at the line of scrimmage, it is typically predictable and therefore stuffed. If I recall correctly, the first time he audibled to a draw, it worked. But then he kept doing the same thing again and again. When he was audibling, I said to myself, here comes a slow developing draw to the right side again...apparently the Titans picked this tendency up too. Running behind that silly banana bunch formation is a bad idea at any time.

SidSmythe
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
I think Ben's hungover!!