PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Game Balls: Week 15

SteelTorch
12-21-2008, 05:38 PM
*Throws up* Well, this is a tough loss to stomach, but at lest it was to a good team.

OFFENSE:

Hines Ward - 7 catches for 109 yards and a TD.

Santonio Holmes - 5 catches for 93 yards an a TD.

DEFENSE:

James Farrior, and that's a stretch.

Special teams looked okay, but the missed field goal and costly penalties were killers.

Lame balls go to Big Ben for 4 turnovers, the defense for allowing 31 points, and Skippy for missing a 33 yarder.

It sucks we had to lose this way, but honestly, if we can just avoid the turnovers in the playoffs, I think we'll be fine. A combination of that, some serious meltdowns on defense, and a few lucky breaks sealed this game for them. That's about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find some Titans merchandise to pi$$ on. :lol:

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Pass.

RussBII
12-21-2008, 05:40 PM
O: Heath Miller set or tied his career high for catches.

D: Timmons played well when he came in for Harrison.

ST: Ummm... Berger punted well...

Steeler Shades
12-21-2008, 05:41 PM
the defense for allowing 31 points
While the defense played poorly they did NOT give up 31 points. 8)

DukieBoy
12-21-2008, 05:43 PM
It sucks we had to lose this way, but honestly, if we can just avoid the turnovers in the playoffs, I think we'll be fine. A combination of that, some serious meltdowns on defense, and a few lucky breaks sealed this game for them. That's about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find some Titans merchandise to pi$$ on. :lol:[/quote]

Even when Ben wasn't turning over the ball, we were winning close games. We can't really afford that in the playoffs, obviously.

I think the D was real vanilla and didn't show much on purpose. We have Lebeau to figure out what to do. I feel good with that.

NorCal-Steeler
12-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Colon for keeping his streak of false starts going, it was close but he got it in.

flippy
12-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Colon for keeping his streak of false starts going, it was close but he got it in.

I thought the same thing. What's with that at the end of the game?

buckeyehoppy
12-22-2008, 04:25 AM
Only one game ball for this week:

To Kiki Fox...for continued great play on the ST and for making it a difficult decision for the FO to sign him to a long term deal...if we ever needed him on D, something tells me he'd respond.

To the O: there were a few that could have been considered (Hines, S'Tonio, Nate, Heath), but Ben f---ed all that effort away with his worst game of the year.

To the D: I'd give 'em a game ball, but the Titans already did...straight up their @$$!!!

The entire team needs to keep this game in mind when they make a return trip to Nashville (assuming they get the chance). Stepping all over that mock TT should be all the motivation these guys need to go back in and deliver a beat down.

A huge step backward yesterday.

RKSteel
12-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Offense:
Heath Miller, the guy is a first down every time he catches the ball
Moore, always runs hard, finds a way to gain 2-3 he has no business getting. Should be starting throughout playoffs.

Defense:
Timmons, should be starting over Foote

Special Teams:
Madison, downing that punt inside the five

ramblinjim
12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
The entire team needs to keep this game in mind when they make a return trip to Nashville (assuming they get the chance). Stepping all over that mock TT should be all the motivation these guys need to go back in and deliver a beat down.

BH - I'm hoping it was just "one of those games" yesterday. But the last time someone walked all over at TT on National TV, we won the SuperBowl. Tomlin should find the film of that and just have it playing in the background during every practice session.

Steeler Shades
12-22-2008, 12:08 PM
... but Ben f---ed all that effort away with his worst game of the year.
Was yesterday really Ben's worse game of the year? Based on QB rating, TOs or stats? 8)

SteelTorch
12-22-2008, 12:13 PM
... but Ben f---ed all that effort away with his worst game of the year.
Was yesterday really Ben's worse game of the year? Based on QB rating, TOs or stats? 8)
It definitely wasn't the worst game of the season for him. Unlike the other times though, we had no defense or miraculous 4th quarter comeback to bail us out.

Eddie Spaghetti
12-22-2008, 01:05 PM
mine would go to the 20,000 steeler fans that found their way into the stadium hoping to see their team play well.

we were ready to take that place over.

Jooser
12-22-2008, 01:12 PM
mine would go to the 20,000 steeler fans that found their way into the stadium hoping to see their team play well.

:Agree What he said....

...and to me, for I am now a starter with this reply! :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
12-22-2008, 01:20 PM

:Agree What he said....

...and to me, for I am now a starter with this reply! :wink:

Congrats...you are now a starter on special teams. You will need at least a grand to become a starter on offense and at least 2 grand to become a starter on defense. And, yes, I just made that up off the top of my head. :wink: