PDA

View Full Version : Why was there no flag

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 05:31 PM
for C. Johnson using a prop in his TD celebration?

Pulling out and waving that towel is using a prop. Supposed to be a 15 yarder.

flippy
12-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Or how about a taunting penalty.

I was wishing Troy took out his knee.

RussBII
12-21-2008, 05:41 PM
It's considered part of his uniform... I think...

I really want to know what the Personal Foul on that FG try was.

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
It's considered part of his uniform... I think...

I really want to know what the Personal Foul on that FG try was.

I don't believe so. It was a towel he had stashed away (think Yancy Thigpen, Ernie Mills) and pulled out when he scored.

RussBII
12-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Eh, maybe it should've been a flag. I'm over the officiating this year... soooo many bad no calls.

Of course they way they are blowing the calls they do make, maybe they are gunshy.

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Eh, maybe it should've been a flag. I'm over the officiating this year... soooo many bad no calls.

Of course they way they are blowing the calls they do make, maybe they are gunshy.

It's not that I'm making a federal case out of it...was just curios is all.

Ezekiel 25:17
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Yet Harrison got flagged when they lined up for a FG. And for what?

Again, biased officiating, IMO.

That said, that didn't cost us the game today. Pi$$poor offensive playcalling, once again, doomed us.

Thanks, Bruce. Worst offensive Coordinator since Gilbride was here. And even then, it wasn't so disappointing, because we weren't the best team in the NFL at that time. No reason for this offense not to be better other than his pure ineptness. Yes we have OL issues. Adjust. We have TB issues. Adjust. We have sack issues. Freak-in ADJUST. That's what good OC's do.

Djfan
12-21-2008, 07:24 PM

That said, that didn't cost us the game today. Pi$$poor offensive playcalling, once again, doomed us.

Thanks, Bruce. Worst offensive Coordinator since Gilbride was here. And even then, it wasn't so disappointing, because we weren't the best team in the NFL at that time. No reason for this offense not to be better other than his pure ineptness. Yes we have OL issues. Adjust. We have TB issues. Adjust. We have sack issues. Freak-in ADJUST. That's what good OC's do.

Money post. He has to go. This is a test of Tomlin's leadership at this point.

AngryAsian
12-21-2008, 07:32 PM

Money post. He has to go. This is a test of Tomlin's leadership at this point.

Imagine how good we would be if we had an OC. Scary good and on the verge of Dynastic.

Jooser
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Am I missing something here? Did BA put on a uniform and fumble the ball 4 times and throw 2 INTs - one of which was a pick 6? I agree that some of the play calling sucks, but I also saw Ben audible into a draw that resulted in negative yardage. Remember Ben is calling some of these plays too. I apologize for looking at this through a different prizm, but Ben is stinking it up this year after having a stellar year last year with the same OC. The biggest thing I blame the coaches for is the lack of a running game. Ben had time today, the OL didn't do too bad but you can't hold a damn block for 7 or 8 seconds, the QB has to get rid of it. I hope Ben snaps outa this and leads us to a Super Bowl win, and I hope that we can find a more productive and acceptable OC, but I don't place all the blame on one man (BA) in spite of what I am witnessing out of the QB.

DukieBoy
12-21-2008, 07:56 PM
WE lost the game, and that particular lack of penalty had nothing to do with us losing.

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 07:57 PM
WE lost the game, and that particular lack of penalty had nothing to do with us losing.

Just for the record I never meant to insinuate that it did. I was just curious why he wasn't flagged for using a prop.

DukieBoy
12-21-2008, 07:59 PM

Just for the record I never meant to insinuate that it did. I was just curious why he wasn't flagged for using a prop.

OK. Sorry, D.
Just peeved here I guess.

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 08:00 PM

OK. Sorry, D.
Just peeved here I guess.

No worries...just wanted to make sure you knew. :)

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Heh, Olberman just mentioned the no call.