PDA

View Full Version : My Play-off Prediction

SuperSize
12-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Okay, after some review of the current standings & schedules, I would like to make my prediction as to which teams get into the AFC play-offs.

Baltimore, currently 9-5, loses to Dallas & beats Jax to finish 10-6, 8-4 in the conference.
NY Jets, currently 9-5, loses to Seattle & loses to Miami to finish 9-7, 7-5 in the conference.
Denver, currently 8-6, beats Buffalo & loses to SD to finish 9-7, 6-6 in the conference.
Miami, currently 9-5, beats KC & beats NYJ to finish 11-5, 8-4 in the conference.
New England, currently 9-5, beats Arizona & beats Buffalo to finish 11-5 in the conference.
San Diego, currently 6-8, loses to TB & beats Denver to finish 7-9, 7-5 in the conference.

Under this scenario, Denver wins the West & SD is eliminated. Denver would get the 4th seed. Miami (11-5) would win the East & the 3rd seed over NE (11-5) by virtue of a better conference record (8-4 vs. 7-5) because they split their head-to-head. New England would then claim the 2nd Wildcard & 6th seed over Baltimore because of a better overall record (11-5 vs. 10-6).

That leaves us the following for Wildcard weekend:

Colts @ Broncos
Cheatriots @ Dolphins

Any other opinions, or corrections if I missed something?

Pete

Steeler Shades
12-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Lets expand on you theory:

Wild Card Weekend:
Colts (5th) @ Broncos (4th) - Colts W
Cheatriots (6th) @ Dolphins (3rd) - Dolphins W

Divisional Playoff Weekend:
Colts (5th) @ Steelers (1st) - Steelers W
Dolphins (3rd) @ Titans (2nd)

AFCC
Dolphins / Titans @ Steelers - Steelers W

SB
Steelers vs Giants - Steelers W

Any questions? 8)

SidSmythe
12-20-2008, 03:50 PM

Wild Card Weekend:

AFCC

SB

Any questions? 8)

Yes I have a question??
who's that chick in your sig???

RuthlessBurgher
12-20-2008, 03:54 PM
My playoff prediction:

We win 3 games. The end. :tt2 :Steel :tt1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/powerage66/ward.jpg

Iron Shiek
12-20-2008, 03:57 PM

Wild Card Weekend:

AFCC

SB

Any questions? 8)

I say if Colts have to go to Denver, The Donkos come up with an amazing upset led by Cutler's 4 tds. Manning and Colts suck in road playoff games, especially in not so nice weather.

Steeler Shades
12-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Any questions? 8)Yes I have a question?? who's that chick in your sig???
Just some chick that followed me home from the mall. Since I can't get rid of her, my wife put her to work cleaning the house. 8)

Steeler Shades
12-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I say if Colts have to go to Denver, The Donkos come up with an amazing upset led by Cutler's 4 tds. Manning and Colts suck in road playoff games, especially in not so nice weather.
You probably have seen more Bronco games than I have, but from what I've seen the Broncos would have trouble with the Browns. Peyton and company would really have to self destruct to lose to Denver.....IMHO. 8)

Djfan
12-20-2008, 04:30 PM
If your predictions are correct, I fear the wildcards more than the division winners.

stlrz d
12-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Steelers over Panthers in XLIII

Wolfhound45
12-20-2008, 05:13 PM
My playoff prediction:

Steelers over Panthers in XLIII

That is what I am talking about. Simple. Brutal. Effective.

:Steel

Ozey74
12-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I would really like to see SD end up making the playoffs and playing the Colts in the first round of the playoffs. They always seem to give the Colts more than they can handle.

:tt2

Djfan
12-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I would really like to see SD end up making the playoffs and playing the Colts in the first round of the playoffs. They always seem to give the Colts more than they can handle.

:tt2

I want the Colts gone, too, but PLEASE don't let the SD fans have any reason to think they have any hope for anything but their tradition of lameness. Can't describe how pathetic those fans are.

williar
12-20-2008, 11:01 PM

Wild Card Weekend:

AFCC

SB

Any questions? 8)
If this is the scenario, than I would rather we be the second seed so we can play miami instead of the colts in the first round.

flippy
12-21-2008, 10:06 AM
My playoff prediction:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/powerage66/ward.jpg

Yes sir! Yes sir!

Acero
12-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, Ravens beat Dallas last night, so it might be Ratbirds instead of Cheaters in your scenario.

Bottom line still holds, though: Steelers win 3 straight and hoist the 6th Lombardi.

SuperSize
12-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Okay, after some review of the current standings & schedules, I would like to make my prediction as to which teams get into the AFC play-offs.

Baltimore, currently 9-5, loses to Dallas & beats Jax to finish 10-6, 8-4 in the conference.
NY Jets, currently 9-5, loses to Seattle & loses to Miami to finish 9-7, 7-5 in the conference.
Denver, currently 8-6, beats Buffalo & loses to SD to finish 9-7, 6-6 in the conference.
Miami, currently 9-5, beats KC & beats NYJ to finish 11-5, 8-4 in the conference.
New England, currently 9-5, beats Arizona & beats Buffalo to finish 11-5 in the conference.
San Diego, currently 6-8, loses to TB & beats Denver to finish 7-9, 7-5 in the conference.

Under this scenario, Denver wins the West & SD is eliminated. Denver would get the 4th seed. Miami (11-5) would win the East & the 3rd seed over NE (11-5) by virtue of a better conference record (8-4 vs. 7-5) because they split their head-to-head. New England would then claim the 2nd Wildcard & 6th seed over Baltimore because of a better overall record (11-5 vs. 10-6).

Colts @ Broncos
Cheatriots @ Dolphins

Pete

Well, it's a good thing I don't wager on football games, and since these prognostications don't come with any repercussions, here are my revised playoff predictions:

Denver (8-7) @ SD (7-8), SD wins
Miami (10-5) @ NYJ (9-6), Miami wins
NE (10-5) @ Buffalo, NE wins
Baltimore (10-5) @ Jax, Baltimore wins

SD (8-8) is West division winner (conf record 7-5 vs 5-7 for Den) and 4th seed
Miami (11-5) is East division winner (conf record 8-4 vs 7-5 for NE) and 3rd seed
Baltimore (11-5) is 2nd Wildcard (conf record 8-4 vs 7-5 for NE) and 6th seed

Round 1:

Indianapolis (#5) @ SD (#4)
Baltimore (#6) @ Miami (#3)

Round 2:

Indianapolis (#6) @ Pittsburgh (#2)
Baltimore (#6) @ Tennessee (#1)

AFCCG:

Pittsburgh (#2) @ Tennessee (#1)

Pittsburgh uses all of the defensive schemes they kept on the shelf for the first meeting, and the time off (Cleveland, bye week) allows the Steelers to get healthy. Steelers go to battle remembering all of the bull**** from week 16 (C. Johnson taunting & FatDale White & K. Bulluck defacing the TT) and open up a can of WHUP-ASS on Tennessee, winning 27-10.

Pete

Oviedo
12-22-2008, 11:29 AM

Colts @ Broncos
Cheatriots @ Dolphins

Pete

Well, it's a good thing I don't wager on football games, and since these prognostications don't come with any repercussions, here are my revised playoff predictions:

Denver (8-7) @ SD (7-8), SD wins
Miami (10-5) @ NYJ (9-6), Miami wins
NE (10-5) @ Buffalo, NE wins
Baltimore (10-5) @ Jax, Baltimore wins

SD (8-8) is West division winner (conf record 7-5 vs 5-7 for Den) and 4th seed
Miami (11-5) is East division winner (conf record 8-4 vs 7-5 for NE) and 3rd seed
Baltimore (11-5) is 2nd Wildcard (conf record 8-4 vs 7-5 for NE) and 6th seed

Round 1:

Indianapolis (#5) @ SD (#4)
Baltimore (#6) @ Miami (#3)

Round 2:

Indianapolis (#6) @ Pittsburgh (#2)
Baltimore (#6) @ Tennessee (#1)

AFCCG:

Pittsburgh (#2) @ Tennessee (#1)

Pittsburgh uses all of the defensive schemes they kept on the shelf for the first meeting, and the time off (Cleveland, bye week) allows the Steelers to get healthy. Steelers go to battle remembering all of the bad word from week 16 (C. Johnson taunting & FatDale White & K. Bulluck defacing the TT) and open up a can of WHUP-bad word on Tennessee, winning 27-10.

Pete

Probably a close scenario, but I can see SD beating Indy and we play SD.

Steeler Shades
12-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Pittsburgh uses all of the defensive schemes they kept on the shelf for the first meeting, and the time off (Cleveland, bye week) allows the Steelers to get healthy...
How many Steelers missed yesterday's game because of injury and are expected back for the playoffs? The Titans will have some healthy rested defensive linemen back after their time off. As far as injured players returning, I'd say advantage Titans.

So basically it going to come down to the "secret" plays that LeBeau kept on the shelf and the anger the Steeler players have because of the TT? I hope our coaching staff and players can come up with a better plan than that. 8)

Oviedo
12-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Pittsburgh uses all of the defensive schemes they kept on the shelf for the first meeting, and the time off (Cleveland, bye week) allows the Steelers to get healthy...
How many Steelers missed yesterday's game because of injury and are expected back for the playoffs? The Titans will have some healthy rested defensive linemen back after their time off. As far as injured players returning, I'd say advantage Titans.

So basically it going to come down to the "secret" plays that LeBeau kept on the shelf and the anger the Steeler players have because of the TT? I hope our coaching staff and players can come up with a better plan than that. 8)

Yesterday the defense was running very basic schemes. It was clear that the Titans wanted to take Harrison and Woodley out of the pass rush by throwing to the flats and forcing them into coverage. LeBeau never really adjusted with ILB or DB blitzes. That leads me to believe he was staying very generic.

Steeler Shades
12-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Yesterday the defense was running very basic schemes. It was clear that the Titans wanted to take Harrison and Woodley out of the pass rush by throwing to the flats and forcing them into coverage. LeBeau never really adjusted with ILB or DB blitzes. That leads me to believe he was staying very generic.
Why would LeBeau play generic defense in a game that decides the AFC #1 seed and home field advantage? I think he is a GREAT DC but perhaps yesterday he was out coached? 8)