PDA

View Full Version : Message to the Steelers Defense...

JDSteeler
12-20-2008, 12:13 PM
...quit whining about the refs NOT calling "Holding", and stop getting
yourself held!!!

If you don't let those big-uglies get their hands on you, than they can't
hold!!!

We don't need the stinking refs to help us out!! You think Pete Morelli
is ready to "GIVE" us one back for the '05 Colts game (Polamalu INT).
I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!

Beat the fool in front of you, even if he tries to hold you, and make
the play!!!

Don't be waiting for the holding call to come, you need to get the
job done, and you better get it done!!!

If you don't get it done, than you will have more than just a hold of
your jersey to worry about....you will have the entire STEELERNATION
kickin your @ZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want a team that whines, I want a team that gets it done
REGARDLESS.....NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frooooooooooooooooooothing at the mouth like a crazed dog!!!

JD

NorCal-Steeler
12-20-2008, 12:19 PM
I dont think they been the ones whining its been the fans, but come on now 6 games without a hold?? Harrisons been violated so bad they can get semen DNA off his game pants.

stlrz d
12-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Just for the record, the media went to the Steelers, not the other way around.

Just sayin'. :)

JDSteeler
12-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Just for the record, the media went to the Steelers, not the other way around.

Just sayin'. :)

You know what I mean....

JD

Steeler Shades
12-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I dont think they been the ones whining its been the fans, but come on now 6 games without a hold??
I agree that there have been some flagrant holding penalties NOT called, but just to get an idea of how lopsided these "non-calls" have been;
who has been called for more holding calls during the Steeler games this year.......the Steelers or their opponents? 8)

Discipline of Steel
12-21-2008, 10:23 AM
I dont think they been the ones whining its been the fans, but come on now 6 games without a hold?? Harrisons been violated so bad they can get semen DNA off his game pants.

Now wait a second! James Harrison is the Alpha Male in the NFL, and as such, he is the one doling out the 'victory pumps' on the submissive losers at the end of the dogfight.

Steeler Shades
12-21-2008, 12:09 PM
...who has been called for more holding calls during the Steeler games this year.......the Steelers or their opponents? 8)
I'm sure many of the posters on this site can no longer contain their curiousity about the answer to my question......so without further ado........ 8)

Lolley: Friday update
Friday, December 19, 2008

...... It's been 24 quarters and counting since an opposing offense has had a holding call against the Steelers.

That's six games for those of you with problems in math.

But, as laid out in my story in Friday's O-R, that's a trend that's league-wide. NFL officials just aren't calling holding penalties - though I did see a couple in Thursday night's game.

In the same six games, the Steelers have had eight holding penalties called against them.

But for the season, the Steelers have had 19 holding penalties called on them, opponents, 21.

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 01:20 PM
[quote="Steeler Shades":pp2g6a90]...who has been called for more holding calls during the Steeler games this year.......the Steelers or their opponents? 8)
I'm sure many of the posters on this site can no longer contain their curiousity about the answer to my question......so without further ado........ 8)

Lolley: Friday update
Friday, December 19, 2008

...... It's been 24 quarters and counting since an opposing offense has had a holding call against the Steelers.

That's six games for those of you with problems in math.

But, as laid out in my story in Friday's O-R, that's a trend that's league-wide. NFL officials just aren't calling holding penalties - though I did see a couple in Thursday night's game.

In the same six games, the Steelers have had eight holding penalties called against them.

But for the season, the Steelers have had 19 holding penalties called on them, opponents, 21.[/quote:pp2g6a90]

As far as I'm concerned that is a meaningless statistic. I agree that holding calls are down but this statistic isn't accurate because of the level of talent on the respective defenses.

We've played (in order) the Colts, Chargers, Bengals, Patriots, Cowboys and Ravens since that Redskins game.

Statistics are nice but they don't always tell the whole story.

Steeler Shades
12-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I guess people can interpret statistics however they want. For instance, how do you interpret the fact that in the first 8 games our opponents were called for 21 holds and we were only called for 11? Maybe it all evens out at the end of the season and isn't just another NFL conspiracy theory. Or perhaps it just means that some people aren't happy unless they are complaining about an imaginary injustice done to the team we love. 8)

flippy
12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
James Harrison's arms aren't long enough to avoid being held. That's the problem with his size.