PDA

View Full Version : The Wrestler

Jigawatts
12-19-2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi4137747225/

Looks like a good movie.

Iron Shiek
12-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Here is a good article on it by Bill Simmons on ESPN.com as well...makes me want to see it!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3773747

RuthlessBurgher
12-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Apparently, there is already some Oscar buzz for Mickey @#$%ing Rourke for a movie about professional wrestling. Who woulda thunk it?

AngryAsian
12-23-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't know what is scarier... the theme of the movie or Rourke's way-too surgically altered face. The guy did not know how to stop his Doc with the knife.

rpmpit
12-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Can't wait to see this movie. From what I've read, it was filmed in Jersey, with some scenes actually shot in the town where I grew up. And Marisa Tomei as his stripper girlfriend?? Whats not to LOVE about that??? :Boobs

Jigawatts
12-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Has it been released near you armpit? I don't think it's going to be released nationwide
for a few more weeks. I already tried getting a copy, but got spammed instead.

rpmpit
01-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Has it been released near you armpit? I don't think it's going to be released nationwide
for a few more weeks. I already tried getting a copy, but got spammed instead.

Yeah, I heard it was a limited release (or whatever they call it). I had planned on driving into nyc to see it last week with my sis, who was home for the week. But too much holiday "stuff" going on and we never got to go.

Steeler Mafia
01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
I have seen this movie already, thank to a website that usually posts movies before they are released in theaters. This movie is very good. When you start watching it, you think "hey, this is a Micky Rourke film". By the end of the movie you forget all about Micky Rourke and believe in the character. He did an excellent job in this movie, but then again, acting distressed and broke should not have been a real stretch for him.

Another movie to see that hasent been relased yet is Taken with Liam Neesin (However you spell his last name) This movie is great and has a good story to it. Much different that the typical stories today and really hits on todays issues of being aware while traveling. A must see.

If you want to see these movies withour going to the theaters, let me know. I will send you the link. The last thing I want to do is to post it here and make it look like I am a sponser or some sort of spammer. 8)

Jigawatts
01-14-2009, 04:28 PM
I have seen this movie already, thank to a website that usually posts movies before they are released in theaters. This movie is very good.

I saw it a few weeks ago. Very good movie. And I think it's the kind of movie that would
be even better the second time around. I'm looking forward to watching it again when I
find the time.

stlrz d
01-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Mickey Rourke or Brett Michaels?

http://backseatcuddler.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/brettmichaels.jpg

Steeler Mafia
01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Watch-Movies-Links.Net

You can watch movies that are not on DVD and are still out in the theaters. Some movies haven't even been released to the theaters yet. I have recently watched The Wrestler, Grand Terino (however it is spelled), Taken (Very good movie), and a load of others. All without leaving the comforts of my own home and my cold beer. Definitley worth checking out.

steeld95
01-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I watched it online too. I was surprised, it was pretty good. Of course some of the Marisa Tomei scenes don't hurt. I'm from Jersey also, so I recognized alot of the areas. Pretty cool.