PDA

View Full Version : OT: stillernation.com

papillon
12-19-2008, 01:36 PM
I tried to go and logon at sitllernation.com today and I am receiving a "Forbidden...you do not have permission to access this server" error. I know that the owner of stillernation and the owners of 1steelers.com are having issues with each other.

SOD, you're a mod at stillernation. Do you have any insight into what is happening? Is another Steeler message board imploding?

Pappy

costanza2k1
12-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I got the same thing Pap. Maybe their just doing maintenance on the site.

BigBen2112
12-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I tried to go and logon at sitllernation.com today and I am receiving a "Forbidden...you do not have permission to access this server" error. I know that the owner of stillernation and the owners of 1steelers.com are having issues with each other.

SOD, you're a mod at stillernation. Do you have any insight into what is happening? Is another Steeler message board imploding?

Pappy

Poor management it would seem...maybe not...steelerstrong.proboards.com and planetsteelers are still open for business though.

papillon
12-19-2008, 01:58 PM

You'd think they would put up a real web page announcing the maintenance or upgrade and when it will be complete, just to let people know what is happening. Just allowing the ISP to post the no permission to access is rather odd. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Pappy

costanza2k1
12-19-2008, 02:01 PM

You'd think they would put up a real web page announcing the maintenance or upgrade and when it will be complete, just to let people know what is happening. Just allowing the ISP to post the no permission to access is rather odd. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Pappy

Very odd indeed. It may be down hard for a while or they're doing maintenance. Time will tell.

MeetJoeGreene
12-19-2008, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't think it would pull a steelerslive and just shut down.. i would think there would be a notice. Could be maintenance or a server burp.

Maybe SOD knows.....

papillon
12-19-2008, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't think it would pull a steelerslive and just shut down.. i would think there would be a notice. Could be maintenance or a server burp.

Maybe SOD knows.....

Strummer posted a belief (over at thesteelersforum.com in my thread) that it was indeed shutdown, but, not by the owner.

Pappy

MeetJoeGreene
12-19-2008, 02:56 PM

Maybe SOD knows.....

Strummer posted a belief (over at thesteelersforum.com in my thread) that it was indeed shutdown, but, not by the owner.

Pappy

Oh. Well that would make some sense I guess... they had some pretty raunchy stuff and some threads got pretty nasty.

I bet Crash is REALLY celebrating now.

Steeler Shades
12-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Seems to be "up" now. 8)

Today the site was taken offline (mistakenly) because of the complaints that BM filed with our service provider. He claims that any image of him or Crash on our site is a copyright infringement. Law is a difficult thing to understand and even those tasked with upholding it do not understand it...hence why the site was mistakenly removed from service. The CEO of site5 is now involved and I have been assured it will not happen again.

That being said....linking of images of people on this site provided that those images are not copyrighted is perfectly legal....but please do not UPLOAD any images of BM or Crash on to this site....if you must post any images, host them on imageshack and link them........I would prefer not to host any images of Crash and BM (even though it is legal) and I have assured BM that I will not have any disparaging images of the two of them hosted on this site...besides, such images take an enormous amount of bandwidth.

Crash and BM were friends of ours at one point and some of us remain friends with them. It is unfair to say they are obese or ugly or whatever some of you have said when they are not here to defend themselves...especially when we dont WANT them here to defend themselves. When they see things attacking them, of course they come here and that tends to ruin the posting experience for all of us. Please just lay off these two and let them move on with their lives. If you want to call them fat, ugly, stupid, or whatever, please go to their site to do so.

Lastly, many of you have suggested turning the two of them in for their piracy of NFL games. I would kindly ask that you not do this and let them make a living like you make yours. It only serves to antagonize them and nobody is being harmed by it. Just leave them be and hopefully they will leave us be.

Thanks.
http://www.stillernation.com/phpbb/post ... 2&p=388576 (http://www.stillernation.com/phpbb/posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=388576)

MeetJoeGreene
12-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Unfrigginbelievable.

Seems to be "up" now. 8)

Today the site was taken offline (mistakenly) because of the complaints that BM filed with our service provider. He claims that any image of him or Crash on our site is a copyright infringement. Law is a difficult thing to understand and even those tasked with upholding it do not understand it...hence why the site was mistakenly removed from service. The CEO of site5 is now involved and I have been assured it will not happen again.

That being said....linking of images of people on this site provided that those images are not copyrighted is perfectly legal....but please do not UPLOAD any images of BM or Crash on to this site....if you must post any images, host them on imageshack and link them........I would prefer not to host any images of Crash and BM (even though it is legal) and I have assured BM that I will not have any disparaging images of the two of them hosted on this site...besides, such images take an enormous amount of bandwidth.

Crash and BM were friends of ours at one point and some of us remain friends with them. It is unfair to say they are obese or ugly or whatever some of you have said when they are not here to defend themselves...especially when we dont WANT them here to defend themselves. When they see things attacking them, of course they come here and that tends to ruin the posting experience for all of us. Please just lay off these two and let them move on with their lives. If you want to call them fat, ugly, stupid, or whatever, please go to their site to do so.

Lastly, many of you have suggested turning the two of them in for their piracy of NFL games. I would kindly ask that you not do this and let them make a living like you make yours. It only serves to antagonize them and nobody is being harmed by it. Just leave them be and hopefully they will leave us be.

Thanks.
http://www.stillernation.com/phpbb/post ... 2&p=388576 (http://www.stillernation.com/phpbb/posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=388576)

JAR
12-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Unfrigginbelievable.

Seems to be "up" now. 8)

Thanks.

It's amazing that Crash had something to do with the "crash"

MeetJoeGreene
12-23-2008, 01:50 PM
It appears that stillernation is down again.

When it was up, there was an explanation that Crash and family were threatening lawsuits because of images of them....

ghettoscott
12-23-2008, 02:14 PM
...damn JAR, the .gif is horrible...i watched it on loop for about a minute...

http://www.londonist.com/attachments/sizemore/toht.jpg