PDA

View Full Version : Who do you hope doesn't make the AFC Play Offs???

Oviedo
12-18-2008, 01:41 PM
For me it is Indy.

My fear is not that they are better although Manning can have those insane games, it is because if we play them the refs and the NFL are so high on Manning as one of the co-poster boys (with Brady) that they will ignore every holding call to make sure he doesn't get battered.

No one else worries me at all. Go Jags!!!!

BURGH86STEEL
12-18-2008, 01:49 PM
I have to say the Ravens. The fact that they have as good a defense as ours makes it tough to play them. It is also difficult to defeat a team 3 times in one season.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-18-2008, 01:53 PM
I have to say the Ravens. The fact that they have almost as good a defense as ours makes it tough to play them. It is also difficult to defeat a team 3 times in one season.

There, I fixed that for you!

But I agree, it's the rats.

ikestops85
12-18-2008, 01:57 PM
I hope the *'s don't make the playoffs ... just because I absolutely hate them. Now, if you are talking about who I don't want us to face in the playoffs ... that would have to be Indy and the Ravens. A hot Manning can be hard to beat and the Ravens defense is not easy to crack. I'm supremely confident we will beat anyone else.

RKSteel
12-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I have to say the Ravens. The fact that they have as good a defense as ours makes it tough to play them. It is also difficult to defeat a team 3 times in one season.
I was going to say the Ravens also, but the Steelers beat them 3x's in 2001 w/ Kordell, a year after their defense was crowned "best ever". :roll: This year, with these Steelers, I'd think they would love to knock out the Ravens from the playoffs.

Indy's not a problem, the were a couple of miscues by the Steelers in that game, which allowed Indy to escape with a very lucky win.

Personnelly, I think the Steelers can and will beat any team in the playoffs...

and of course win SB XLIII. :tt2

MeetJoeGreene
12-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I do not want to face

Baltimore
Indy
New England.

In that order.

feltdizz
12-18-2008, 02:06 PM
As scared as I am of the Ravens I have to say the Colts...

The Manning SB is an NFL dream. I see us getting hosed if we play them.

eniparadoxgma
12-18-2008, 02:12 PM
None of the above.

Actually I hope we play every AFC team there is in back to back games every day and beat them all. Then I want us to play against the best college football teams there are and beat them. Then I want us to start finding random high school and middle school teams and have James Harrison suplex 12 year old kids into the dirt.

Then we start on other sports.

:Cheers

blacknblue80s
12-18-2008, 02:23 PM
I am always going to be suspicious when we blow out the Pats** in the regular season.

We have the better team and by all accounts should win easily... still do not want to see the Cheaters in the playoffs.

steelsun7
12-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Indy. hands down

steeld95
12-18-2008, 02:28 PM
New England! I hate them and would love to see them not even make it.

Iron Shiek
12-18-2008, 02:30 PM
None of the above.

Actually I hope we play every AFC team there is in back to back games every day and beat them all. Then I want us to play against the best college football teams there are and beat them. Then I want us to start finding random high school and middle school teams and have James Harrison suplex 12 year old kids into the dirt.

HA! Can you imagine Big Snack avalanching a high schooler?!! :?

I'm not afraid to play any teams, I can see us beating all of them anyway. Heck we should be 14-0 right now dammit. We were in all of the games as crappy as we played in some of them.

I hope that somehow the Giants didn't make the playoffs. I know its not possible, but it would be nice. Everyone was on their nutz all season, then Plax went and shot himself. Everyone would blame him.

SWEET! Marty Schottenheimer just said Pittsburgh will be World Champions on his Sirius NFL Radio show. I always like listening to Marty. For an ex-Stain (like Cowher obviously), he lays it all out there. I hope now he goes back to Cleveland so we can pummel his a$$ two times a year again.

Ozey74
Ravens, Colts, & NE (in no certain order).

I think we will face one of these teams after our 1st round bye. :tt2

Discipline of Steel
None of the above.

YES!!! It doesnt matter who, the O will wake up and we will crush them all on our drive to the Super Bowl!

Ozey74
12-18-2008, 02:37 PM
The Manning SB is an NFL dream.

If there was a smiley face that was vommitting, I would include it here:

Iron Shiek
12-18-2008, 02:49 PM

Yeah no kidding. Erik Kuselias was hosting for Cowherd today on ESPN radio and he had the same feelings. He was totally against the Manning super bowl. He was already envisioning the million interviews with Archie Manning being asked who he was rooting for and him saying well I just wanna see a good game. And their mom with that stitched half Giants-half Colts jersey and the goofy Kenny Mayne story with Cooper Manning doing some dumb spoof or something. He said its going to be a cheesfest and hopes it doesn't happen.

:Agree

stlrz d
12-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Ravens. Let their stinking fans suffer!

Other teams...no problem...no fear.

Yes Sir!

:tt2

Ozey74
12-18-2008, 03:25 PM

Yeah no kidding. Erik Kuselias was hosting for Cowherd today on ESPN radio and he had the same feelings. He was totally against the Manning super bowl. He was already envisioning the million interviews with Archie Manning being asked who he was rooting for and him saying well I just wanna see a good game. And their mom with that stitched half Giants-half Colts jersey and the goofy Kenny Mayne story with Cooper Manning doing some dumb spoof or something. He said its going to be a cheesfest and hopes it doesn't happen.

:Agree

I heard this today also! I kept saying "amen brother, keep preachin' the truth".

The thought of an all Manning Super Bowl could keep me up at night.

ramblinjim
12-18-2008, 03:33 PM
The Ravens seem to be the biggest challenge physically. They are almost as tough as we are and on any given day, those guys could beat us. A hot Peyton Manning can put 40 points on you before you can blink, no matter how good your D is. Manning's work can be just sick.

I still think that Belicheats deal that he has with the Devil makes them the team that I fear the most in the playoffs. :evil: Even when we stomp them and match up with them as well as we do this year, these guys just seem to pull crazy sh!t out come playoff time and beat us even when we are the superior team.

SuperSize
12-18-2008, 03:54 PM
I'll answer this question & not frame it from the point of who is the most dangerous potential opponent, because I don't think there's anyone Pittsburgh should fear right now.

The team I want to see left out is the NY Jets. I'm still sick of the Favre drama from last spring & would love to see that guy fall on his face, especially since the media was all over his jock earlier this year, saying he was gonna be the Jets' savior. He's already talking about retiring AGAIN & the season isn't over.

Pete

Djfan
12-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Cheater - cause I hate them and predicted that this year would be the beginning of their end,

Ratbirds - I fear them the most

Indy/Giants - I want to not hear about the Mannings for a while. But, they would end up in the booth for the playoffs anyway.

flippy
12-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Baltimore

We can beat them. But it's going to be a physical game and that's gotta have a lingering effect into the following week. Bring on the finesse teams.

Steeler Shades
12-18-2008, 04:02 PM
The Ravens seem to be the biggest challenge physically. They are almost as tough as we are and on any given day, those guys could beat us. A hot Peyton Manning can put 40 points on you before you can blink, no matter how good your D is. Manning's work can be just sick...
I agree with the above.
I don't want to play ANY team three times especially the Ratbirds. OT the first time and miraculous finish the second. No way do I want our offense to play against their defense again.
If Payton has a good game and puts up 20+ points on our D, does anyone think our offense can match that production?
Teams I'd least like to face in the playoffs:
1. Ratbirds
2. Colts
3. Jets
I'm not worried about the Patsies* unless Brady comes back
8)

mshifko
12-18-2008, 04:17 PM
baltimore's lack of an offensive weapon makes me want to say indy...i'm rooting for the jags tonight

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-18-2008, 05:34 PM
The Steelers are the #1 or #2 seed. That means the only team we will have to travel to face is the Titans. That doesn't scare me. Indy, Denver, NY, Miami, SD, will have to come to our house...They don't scare me. Both Baltimore & NE would have to come to Heinz field but both teams would give me the "Willies"!!! Baltimore more so because of the type of game. When you have a close game like that you are one big play away from loosing. The Steelers need to work on a "cold weather" running game. I still don't know why we haven't seen more of Russell. Hopefully he sees significant time against the Browns. Moore & Russell could see the ball more than Parker at Heinz field. Their running style will be more productive this time of year on Heinz field. Not knowing "If" we have that for the Ravens is another concern. As for the Patriots...Any team coached by BB has a chance. Out of the teams still alive...Ranking the teams playing at Heinz field:

Ravens
Patriots
Colts
Titans
Chargers
Jets
Dolphins
Broncos

papillon
12-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Ravens are the only team that can win ugly out of the contenders (maybe the Titans,we'll see this weekend). It will take a "winning ugly" type of game to beat the Steelers this year. No other team can match the physicality of the Steelers.

Ravens
Titans

After that, I welcome the the opponent into our house. I'd love for it to be the Jets, so that, the Steelers can retire Brett permanently. I like Favre, but, he's done in this league and should have stayed retired.

Pappy

AngryAsian
12-18-2008, 08:01 PM
IN THIS ORDER:

Ravens
Colts
Cheats*

Jooser
12-18-2008, 08:03 PM
:Agree I second the Asian one.

SidSmythe
12-18-2008, 08:54 PM
The Bengals!!

I would think something was pretty fishy!!! :bungalssuck

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-19-2008, 12:39 AM
As I was watching tonight's game, I was thinking that this game will go a long way in deciding this very issue. I really think that either Miami or NE gets in, and I view both as too soft this year.

So, the other WC spot goes to either Indy or the Ravens. Now, who would you rather see in Pittsburgh in early January, a team with a questionable D who also is not a tough running team, or the second best D in the league that has a tough running game?

I would rather face Indy than Baltimore - who we would have to beat a third time. Even assuming we can win, we come out of the Ravens game a lot more banged up than if we face the Colts.

RussBII
12-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Based soley on pure spite... I have to say the Ravens.

They also make the most sense in a few different ways that everyone else has mentioned. But for them to stay home and watch the Steelers play Janauray ball will just kill them and their fans...

And that's just fine with me...

Djfan
12-19-2008, 04:11 AM
After tonight's game I say the Colts are to be respected more. Heads up ball on the part of Peyton and the receivers. Can strike lightning fast.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
The more I think about it, the less I fear Indy coming to Heinz in January. Here are a few things to consider when it comes to the Colts:

*Obviously, Indy is not a team that is used to playing much in Pittsburgh January type weather on a slow track.

*They do not have a fearsome running game, something that is a huge asset to a cold weather game. We don't either, but we have a lot more factors on our side.

*Indy does not have the type of D that will pound you into submission. Getting a win against them would not exact the same physical toll as a win against a team like Baltimore would.

*Peyton Manning is 7-7 in the playoffs in his career. Take away his dream season of 2006 and he is 3-7.

*In his SB march in '06, he only played one game on the road - in Baltimore. I don't know what the weather was like, but here are the numbers he put up in that game: 15 30 170 0 2

*Before his SB run, he was considered to be one of the greatest playoff chokers in history. He is 0-1 since then.

Like I said, in all but one year in his career, the Manning mystique blows away like a snow drift in January. I would love to get the chance to watch the Steelers exact revenge for the November "tip drill" loss.

stlrz d
12-19-2008, 03:13 PM
The more I think about it, the less I fear Indy coming to Heinz in January. Here are a few things to consider when it comes to the Colts:

*Obviously, Indy is not a team that is used to playing much in Pittsburgh January type weather on a slow track.

*They do not have a fearsome running game, something that is a huge asset to a cold weather game. We don't either, but we have a lot more factors on our side.

*Indy does not have the type of D that will pound you into submission. Getting a win against them would not exact the same physical toll as a win against a team like Baltimore would.

*Peyton Manning is 7-7 in the playoffs in his career. Take away his dream season of 2006 and he is 3-7.

*In his SB march in '06, he only played one game on the road - in Baltimore. I don't know what the weather was like, but here are the numbers he put up in that game: 15 30 170 0 2

*Before his SB run, he was considered to be one of the greatest playoff chokers in history. He is 0-1 since then.

Like I said, in all but one year in his career, the Manning mystique blows away like a snow drift in January. I would love to get the chance to watch the Steelers exact revenge for the November "tip drill" loss.

I was living in Baltimore at that time. The weather was beautiful...no colder than 60 for sure. I rode my bike around at the stadium and watched the Rats fans harass the hell out of Colts fans.

The weekend before it was 74 degrees when I was riding my bike in Patapsco State Park.

williar
12-19-2008, 03:57 PM
The colts. Peyton Manning. He can win games by himself.

The ravens somewhat. But you have to realize that this team is running on fumes, (haven't had a bye since week 2) starting to get nicked up, and rookie quarterback starting to hit that wall. I don't fear them as much as Indy.

ANPSTEEL
12-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Based soley on pure spite... I have to say the Ravens..

I'm sorry sir, we can't accept your response based solely on spite.

the team I didn't want to see in, was the Colts.

since its too late for that-

I've got to go with:

-Ravens. tough to beat a team 3 times in a year.
-Patriots. never discount Belichik and his 'creative' ways, or the League influence.

pittpete
12-20-2008, 01:41 PM
-Ravens. tough to beat a team 3 times in a year.
-Patriots. never discount Belichik and his 'creative' ways, or the League influence

My thoughts exactly..

I think Indy @ Hienz with 25 degree weather and our defense, Colts havnt got a chance

Wolfhound45
12-20-2008, 01:46 PM
1 - Rats. The best bet to knock us out of the playoffs based on their defense alone. Unibrow does not scare me. Our offense and their defense does scare me.

1a - Pats*. H-A-T-E them. Nothing more needs to be said.

1b - Dolts. Ditto what others said about the love affair with Peyton. Their offense does not scare me. Their offense and the refs does scare me. Bottom line, too late. They are in as the five seed.

Wolfhound45
12-20-2008, 01:49 PM
None of the above.

:P

Dude, that is brutal. But dadgum funny!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-21-2008, 01:56 PM
The colts. Peyton Manning. He can win games by himself.

The ravens somewhat. But you have to realize that this team is running on fumes, (haven't had a bye since week 2) starting to get nicked up, and rookie quarterback starting to hit that wall. I don't fear them as much as Indy.

Will he be able to win a game by himself with Harrison bearing down on him, his hands so cold that he can hardly feel the ball, and his track meet receivers trudging along in the muck?

TallyStiller
12-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow. Just Wow. San Diego is getting in. Denver just choked against Buffalo with a chance to clinch. Not a snowball's chance in h**l that Denver goes down there and wins with the division on the line. Very, very dangerous team at this point. They're like we were in '06 after the SB win... only the Rats had a great '06 out of our division. We would've been a threat in January had we been able to sneak in that year - we had a long late season win streak, but just started too poorly.

San Diego this year, by contrast, plays in one of the worst divisions in the history of the sport. 8 - 8 is gonna get it done, and they are gonna be a tough out for Peyton and Indy in the first round... and they'll probably come here after, seeking revenge for 11 - 10.

TallyStiller
12-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Who do we root against if it's Rats at Cheats in the first round? And how crazy would it be if an 11 - 5 Miami missed the playoffs... who wins the tiebreaker between those two for the division? Would be sweet if the Cheats ended up on the outside looking in, and an interesting story line if J Peezy made a playoff trip back to the 'Burgh.

stlrz d
12-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Who do we root against if it's Rats at Cheats in the first round? And how crazy would it be if an 11 - 5 Miami missed the playoffs... who wins the tiebreaker between those two for the division? Would be sweet if the Cheats ended up on the outside looking in, and an interesting story line if J Peezy made a playoff trip back to the 'Burgh.

Cheats for me. The Rats D worries me.

Our O matches up well against the Cheats D and our D matches up well against the Cheats O.

ground-n-pound
12-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Indy is not all that good. They had a close game agianst Detroit. the only team that I dont want to face is the ravens. I know that we could beat them agian but when ever we play them, I always fear injuries. Two hard hitting defenses that hate each other equals injuries and we have enough trouble with them. :ratsuck

TallyStiller
12-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Looking at the standings, Miami is 7 - 4 in the AFC. Cheats are 6 - 5. If, and that's a BIG if, Miami beats the fading Jets next week (although it seems more likely in that the game will feel like the Super Bowl to Chad Pennington), they equal the Cheats' 4 - 2 in the division, and I believe get in... How freaking hilarious would it be if an 11 - 5 Cheats team got left home? Karma, anyone? Problem being, though, that it would send the Rats down to Miami, a game that they won handily once already this year, and keep them in the playoffs.