PDA

View Full Version : If we lose this week

MeetJoeGreene
12-18-2008, 10:11 AM
... unthinkable, I know. But IF we do -- then the Cleveland game is totally meaningless. Do we sit Ben and Willie and any others that may need extra time to heal?

papillon
12-18-2008, 10:19 AM
... unthinkable, I know. But IF we do -- then the Cleveland game is totally meaningless. Do we sit Ben and Willie and any others that may need extra time to heal?

No, I'd treat it like the third pre-season game and play the first half just as they would if the game had meaning. Then let the backups get work in the second half. Of course, any player that is injured or could play if needed should sit and heal. All healthy starters should play one half just to stay sharp.

Pappy

Iron Shiek
12-18-2008, 10:26 AM

No, I'd treat it like the third pre-season game and play the first half just as they would if the game had meaning. Then let the backups get work in the second half. Of course, any player that is injured or could play if needed should sit and heal. All healthy starters should play one half just to stay sharp.

Pappy
:Agree What he said!

Steeler Shades
12-18-2008, 10:34 AM
I'd play everyone on the offense until they managed to score 20 points on the Browns. All the starters on the defense would rest. 8)

Oviedo
12-18-2008, 10:40 AM

Pappy

Crush and demoralize the Stains every chance you get. We do not have a great history coming off byes or extended breaks. I understand getting players rested is importnat but getting stale worries me even more. This is particularly true with Ben who seems to need three quarters to wake up when we are playing every week :wink:

SidSmythe
12-18-2008, 11:04 AM
I say we play backups and destroy them like we did the Bills in 2004. HaHa!!!

mshifko
12-18-2008, 11:10 AM
play starters a quarter on offense...sit some guys on defense...treat it, like someone said, similiar to a preseason contest...

papillon
12-18-2008, 11:13 AM

Pappy

Crush and demoralize the Stains every chance you get. We do not have a great history coming off byes or extended breaks. I understand getting players rested is importnat but getting stale worries me even more. This is particularly true with Ben who seems to need three quarters to wake up when we are playing every week :wink:

Yea, I understand wanting to beat the Browns into submission, but, the Steelers are going to need their full complement of players during ther playoffs and getting healthy needs to take precedence over demoralizing the Browns.

I think one half of work should keep them sharp and safe.

Pappy

steelblood
12-18-2008, 11:37 AM
We don't dress enough players to totally rest all the starters. For example, we only dress 7 or 8 offensive linemen.

flippy
12-18-2008, 12:42 PM
we should rest them until the 4th quarter every game anyway...

BURGH86STEEL
12-18-2008, 01:45 PM

I would play the starters that were not having injury issues at least for the 1st half. The starters on the Oline would probably play at least till the 3rd QT. Maybe we will get a look at Dixon in the 4th quarter? It is a tough decision to make.

RuthlessBurgher
12-18-2008, 02:23 PM

Pappy

There is a chance that this is the way it could go down even if we beat the Titans this weekend. If the starters get up enough on Ken Dorsey and the Cleveland Steamers in the first half, there is a chance that we rest our top guys in the 2nd half.