PDA

View Full Version : Tomlinisms

mshifko
12-16-2008, 11:44 PM
i know there was a thread about this a few months ago, but i thought i should start one...

what's everyones favorite "tomlinism" or tomlin quote...his press conferences and post gamers are interesting to say the least haha...no homo, but i love this guy :tt1

here's a few to get things going:
"he was not up to snuff..."

"he's a ridiculous competitor"

"football is a game of attrition"

SidSmythe
12-16-2008, 11:50 PM
"He has done some good things"
Oh wait that's Cowher.

Carry on!!!

Discipline of Steel
12-17-2008, 12:29 AM
"The reality of it is, these men go to work every day."

SteelerOfDeVille
12-17-2008, 12:37 AM
my 2 favorites....

"The issue for us has been, is and hopefully will continue to be winning -- that's my interpretation of Steelers football," Tomlin said yesterday after practice. "Every morning, I come to work I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning."

Football is a violent game, and the more violent team wins

kennyes
12-17-2008, 03:33 AM
What was his reference to Reed? You can't freeze a psycho... :Beer

AkronSteel
12-17-2008, 03:44 AM
"When the rubber meets the road"

I love this one.....I must say I have used it a few times myself! :oops:

flippy
12-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Woooooooooo!

Steelers Football is 60 minutes.

It's all about Winning Football

Splash Plays

He always talks about embracing everything

he talks a lot about the tape we make each week telling our story

he talks a lot about team and the importance of everyone on the roster stepping in and being ready to contribute

he says reality a lot

flippy
12-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Here's my favorite recent quote:

"The issue for us has been, is and hopefully will continue to be winning -- that's my interpretation of Steelers football. Every morning when I come to work, I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning."

Oviedo
12-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Here's my favorite recent quote:

"The issue for us has been, is and hopefully will continue to be winning -- that's my interpretation of Steelers football. Every morning when I come to work, I walk past five Lombardis, not five rushing titles. The issue is winning."

:Agree Shows Tomlin knows what is importnat and what is just as he would put it "style points." I love when he talks with disdain about "style points" because it shows he doesn't care how we win as long as we win much to the chagrin of the media and fantasy football players.

steelblood
12-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Tomlin has taught me that no one in the STeelers locker room is "making" any "bones about" anything. I've tried making bones about things this morning. He's right; It is very difficult. First, simply conjuring or concocting a bone is tough enough. But, to give it a likeness or story. That is nearly impossible.

stlrz d
12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Tomlin has taught me that no one in the STeelers locker room is "making" any "bones about" anything. I've tried making bones about things this morning. He's right; It is very difficult. First, simply conjuring or concocting a bone is tough enough. But, to give it a likeness or story. That is nearly impossible.

Heh...I'm not gonna go into details, but...heh! :lol:

SuperSize
12-17-2008, 10:35 AM
My favorite is in my signature, "It's not what you do, it's how you do it."

Pete

SidSmythe
12-17-2008, 10:39 AM
I wish I could have this guy follow me around all day and say things to me to keep me motivated.
But then I would get too much done and be stuck at rookie status forever on here.

SteelerNation1
12-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I love when he talks about "stepping inside stadiums on Sundays..."

SteelerNation1
12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Marvel Smith is "status quo..."
We've heard that one for about 9 weeks now.

SidSmythe
12-17-2008, 11:07 AM
"Smythe is my favorite poster ... it was a shame they shut the Trib down b/c I lost all of his awesome commentary. I'm sure Smythe will be lighting up PlanetSteelers and I am grateful for that."
Mike Tomlinism (circa 2008)

flippy
12-17-2008, 11:46 AM
"Smythe is my favorite poster ... it was a shame they shut the Trib down b/c I lost all of his awesome commentary. I'm sure Smythe will be lighting up PlanetSteelers and I am grateful for that."

"Who is SidSmythe?"

Mike Tomlin, 12/17/08

SidSmythe
12-17-2008, 01:15 PM

"Who is SidSmythe?"

Mike Tomlin, 12/17/08

"you know, the guy u always talk about from the Trib Board. You must not remember his name cuz you always refer to him as 'the genius' "
Dick LeBeau, 12/17/08

mshifko
12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
anyone else notice that he always says:
"we acknowledge that..."

example: we acknowledge that the tennessee titans are a great football team

Steeler Mafia
12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
On their 10-3 record "It is what it is"