PDA

View Full Version : NEWS/BLOG: Dale Lolly Tuesday Tomlin

costanza2k1
12-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Tuesday Tomlin
Brett Keisel will again try to return this week from his sprained MCL and has a pretty good shot of being ready to play at Tennessee.

That would leave the Steelers with just one starter out from the lineup they began the season with - Marvel Smith.

His back injury remains the same.

But Max Starks has played well in his absence, justifying the team's decision to put the transition tag on him in the offseason, despite a $7 million salary that came with it.

Not too many people complaining about that now.

Lost in the win was the fact the offensive line held up pretty well last week against a very good Baltimore defense.

The Steelers didn't move the ball great throughout the game, but they only had a couple of three-and-outs and those came at the beginning of the second half.

Tomlin again refused to say what he would have done on fourth and goal at the end of the game against the Ravens. I don't blame him. It serves no purpose.

Though I was told they were preparing to go for it.

Had Santonio Holmes not been ruled in the end zone, the ball would have been placed at the one-inch line. I'm guessing Ben Roethlisberger gets into the end zone in that situation on a sneak.

Tomlin brought up the fact that Kerry Collins has only been sacked seven times and thrown seven interceptions this season. That's all well and good, but he's also only thrown 11 touchdown passes.

Teams aren't going to beat the Steelers running the ball. Collins is going to have to beat them through the air.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 2:36 PM

SidSmythe
12-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tomlin brought up the fact that Kerry Collins has only been sacked seven times and thrown seven interceptions this season. That's all well and good, but he's also only thrown 11 touchdown passes.

Teams aren't going to beat the Steelers running the ball. Collins is going to have to beat them through the air.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 2:36 PM

The Titans remind me some of Cowher's early years.
Great defense, Great running game BUT a passing attack that wasn't going to win it for you. Although Titans have the edge just due to the fact that Collins is a veteran, but like those steelers teams, they have average at best WRs.

I'm not ready to count the Titans out...I think they have the best coach in the league and a great running game. BUT, Vandy and Haynesworth will kill them come playoff time if they aren't ready.