PDA

View Full Version : The Hines Ward effect

costanza2k1
12-16-2008, 03:16 PM
I was watching the game again and noticed one play in particular. It wasn't one of the clutch catches he made but it was his blocking again. 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter Ben takes off to run and Bart Scott is in hot pursuit. Hines is looking to take someones head off as Ben races for the 1st down. He sees Bart and goes for it, Bart would've caught Ben but instead he slowed down and ducked so he wouldn't get creamed by Hines. Bounty my a$$. They're scared!

SidSmythe
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I forgot all about that play.

I'm not sure if it was Ward or not, I thought it might have been Santonio, could be wrong. But Scott pulled up cuz he saw someone coming out of the corner of his eye.

:Beer :tt1 :tt2 :Cheers :tt1 :Beer :tt2

Jigawatts
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I forgot all about that play.

I'm not sure if it was Ward or not, I thought it might have been Santonio, could be wrong. But Scott pulled up cuz he saw someone coming out of the corner of his eye.

:Beer :tt1 :tt2 :Cheers :tt1 :Beer :tt2

It was Ward. Pay attention rook.

ghettoscott
12-16-2008, 04:34 PM
you tell 'em Jigga...

flippy
12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
It has an impact on defenders, but it also has an impact on his teammates who want to play like Hines.

MeetJoeGreene
12-16-2008, 04:51 PM
I was watching the game again and noticed one play in particular. It wasn't one of the clutch catches he made but it was his blocking again. 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter Ben takes off to run and Bart Scott is in hot pursuit. Hines is looking to take someones head off as Ben races for the 1st down. He sees Bart and goes for it, Bart would've caught Ben but instead he slowed down and ducked so he wouldn't get creamed by Hines. Bounty my a$$. They're scared!

I didn't notice that play -- but I will watch for it on the replay. If that is true, then Bart is a wuss whose bark is much bigger than his bite.

Jigawatts
12-16-2008, 04:56 PM

I didn't notice that play -- but I will watch for it on the replay. If that is true, then Bart is a wuss whose bark is much bigger than his bite.

It's true. I saw it in real time action as I am extremely observant. :mrgreen:

If Scott doesn't see Ward at the last second he gets blasted.

SidSmythe
12-16-2008, 05:46 PM

It's in there ....... im going to watch replay just for that play!!!

ghettoscott
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
[youtube:2zwfldsc]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2MUe_Exefzk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2MUe_Exefzk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2zwfldsc]

2:07...86 should have crushed jazz hands :twisted: If we were winning comfortably, i think he would have....good heads up play by Hines

stlrz d
12-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Not surprisingly, there is a different take on this one.

http://www.baltimoresun2.com/talk/showt ... p?t=176691 (http://www.baltimoresun2.com/talk/showthread.php?t=176691)

costanza2k1
12-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Not surprisingly, there is a different take on this one.

http://www.baltimoresun2.com/talk/showt ... p?t=176691 (http://www.baltimoresun2.com/talk/showthread.php?t=176691)

Funny stuff there, all I saw was a LB chasing down a QB and could've made a play on him but wussed out when a skinny WR came at him. Williams came at Harrison and then Harrison decided to use Williams to tackle the ball carrier in the Dallas game. LOL

Jooser
12-17-2008, 02:45 AM
I saw that play, and damn I'd have **** roses if Hines had actually creamed him on that play. Gotta watch the Hines, he's comin' for ya!

:Clap

proudpittsburgher
12-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Better yet. Anyone see him wide open the last drive of the game? Twice? I know the Ravens didn't.

classic response :Clap :Clap :Clap

SidSmythe
12-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Joew Flahcohhh

Starlifter
12-17-2008, 01:48 PM
thank god for tivo, that was unbelievable. scott sees Ward out of the corner of his eye and absolutely pusses out to the turf. wow.......coward.

papillon
12-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Missed it on NFLN's replay of the game last night. Has anyone checked to see if Youtube has it anywhere or a clip of the "duck and chuck" anywhere on the net? :P

Pappy

costanza2k1
12-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Missed it on NFLN's replay of the game last night. Has anyone checked to see if Youtube has it anywhere or a clip of the "duck and chuck" anywhere on the net? :P

Pappy

Couldn't find anything on youtube...here's something from a post gazette article

If Ward had a regret Sunday, it's that he wasn't able to finish a block on Scott late in the third quarter. He peeled back on a Roethlisberger scramble and had Scott lined up for a legal hit only to go over top of him when Scott ducked.

"They put a bounty on me and then he ducks," Ward said, shrugging.

"He saw Hines coming and he was scared!" Holmes crowed from two lockers down.

It didn't matter in the end.

Ward didn't need to knock Scott into next week to go home feeling happy.

Jigawatts
12-17-2008, 02:13 PM
If I can figure out how to use youtube, I want to make a video of that play followed
up with Harrison taking out Williams to tackle the ball carrier. Just to show em' how
we do it. :wink: