PDA

View Full Version : Swagger

feltdizz
12-16-2008, 10:53 AM
what the hell swagger? It's the feeling you get when you watch our D walk onto the field and you are sitting next to an opposing fan...

It's the feeling you have when the 4th quarter comes and we get the ball back down by 3 or 7. I friend messed with me all day over the game and at 3 minutes with 92 yards to go I sent a simple text..."Here we go!" and I haven't heard from him since.

I know I have this confidence when I see our D run on the field.... I think FG when a team gets to our 15 regardless of what down it is...

I asked my Dad if this was Steel Curtain type D... he replied "fans wanted the offense to hurry up so the D could get back on the field back in the 70's and I feel the same way today"

There really is something about this team that is ugly yet beautiful to watch...
I think we show how great we really are this Sunday in Tennessee....

I see us jumping on Tennessee early then putting on another defensive clinic.

mshifko
12-16-2008, 10:57 AM
i'm hoping these past two games don't impact our play on sunday...i would hope we are ready to play, but it's going to be tought coming off two back to back emotional wins...i think our offense is really going to set the pace for our play on sunday...

SteelerNation1
12-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I asked my Dad if this was Steel Curtain type D... he replied "fans wanted the offense to hurry up so the D could get back on the field back in the 70's and I feel the same way today"

That is classic! That's how I feel as well.

feltdizz
12-16-2008, 11:07 AM

I was too young to really appreciate the Steel Curtain... my Dad is an artist though so I remember him painting banners and bedsheets for Steeler fans for the games back in 78 and 79.

All I know is when our D goes on the field I really get excited.

Djfan
12-16-2008, 11:14 AM
If you're a Steelers fan defense is in your DNA. It is our heritage and our legacy. It defines us.

We love FWP, Ben, Terry, Lynn, etc., but are what we are because of the defensive reality that is Steelers football.

Accept it. Love it.

Iron Shiek
12-16-2008, 11:16 AM

I was too young to really appreciate the Steel Curtain... my Dad is an artist though so I remember him painting banners and bedsheets for Steeler fans for the games back in 78 and 79.

Me too man. Its like I don't expect big things out of the D anymore, its just a given. Like that is their normal level of play. So it really takes something special to wow me...like Troy making a tackle with his back or Ike catching an INT.

No one on the corna got swagga like these 11 guys....

BDESteel
12-16-2008, 11:28 AM
I think after Sunday's game everyone Steelers, Players and fans alike will have the most incredible since of swagger, more than the 2005 season.

Even though J. Fisher knows much about the Steelers, I don't think that team has a chance against us.

I been very critical to myself about Ben and the offense this entire season but believe that going in as a second seed is unacceptable to this team.

Let the SWAG begin.

feltdizz
12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I think Jeff Fischer knows how good we are. This is why he went for the win against Houston late in the game.

God forbid it has to come down to playing the Steelers to clinch home field.

flippy
12-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Flippingburghers - Swaggin

flippy
12-16-2008, 12:57 PM

I just waved my hand in front of my face at you guys.

Hey admins, can we get a smiley waiving its hand in front of its face a la IKE?

Jooser
12-16-2008, 01:01 PM
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4822/ikect8.png (http://imageshack.us)

I hear you Flippy! and hell yeah, I want cheese on that! :Beer

Iron Shiek
12-16-2008, 01:22 PM

I just waved my hand in front of my face at you guys.

Hey admins, can we get a smiley waiving its hand in front of its face a la IKE?

That would be http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:133vNhxO47nGvM:http://a.bebo.com/app-image/6375952013/i.idlestudios.com/img/q/u/08/04/05/SM1583~Cartman-Sweet-Posters.jpg

Swaggin...

stlrz d
12-16-2008, 03:26 PM

I've painted a bed sheet or two back in the college days, if you know what I mean. ;)

D Rock
12-16-2008, 07:17 PM

Me too man. Its like I don't expect big things out of the D anymore, its just a given. Like that is their normal level of play. So it really takes something special to wow me...like Troy making a tackle with his back or Ike catching an INT.

No one on the corna got swagga like these 11 guys....

[youtube:sejt6b3q]Zhl8tYsRyNk&hl[/youtube:sejt6b3q]

SidSmythe
12-16-2008, 11:14 PM
That's funny.

I love watching the DEFENSE!!!!

mshifko
12-16-2008, 11:17 PM
"swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagin"