PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth & Vanden Bosch BOTH out

Mick'sTeam
12-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Per ESPN, Jeff Fisher stated both Haynesworth & Vanden Bosch will be held out until the playoffs.

While I prefer to play teams at their best, this should take a little bit of the pressure off the O-Line & Ben.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3771600

Slapstick
12-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Bummer... :tt2

MeetJoeGreene
12-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Bummer... :tt2
:Agree

NKySteeler
12-16-2008, 12:26 AM
This makes a seemingly easy game (due to thier lack of production against Houston, and a bit of a regression since the Jets loss), even easier....

I actually don't fear going to Tenn whatsoever.... As long as our D continues to play strong, we are in the game... It would be nice, however, to get the offense in "gear" sometime other than the final drive of the game....

Djfan
12-16-2008, 12:52 AM
I felt that Dallas and the felons were our biggest fears. This part of the sched doesn't worry me too much. Now it does even less.

HFA BABY!!!

skyhawk
12-16-2008, 02:33 AM
I thought I saw tonight on ESPN tonight on the ticker that Haynesworth is out for the season.

AngryAsian
12-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Let's not start patting ourselves on the back here fellas. Tashard Choice ran off a good chunk of yardage against us, so the combo of White/Johnson may give us all we can handle. Just sayin...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Let's not start patting ourselves on the back here fellas. Tashard Choice ran off a good chunk of yardage against us, so the combo of White/Johnson may give us all we can handle. Just sayin...

Choice did have a good game against us. I'm hoping...Most of his big plays came against the Steelers because they were in coverage. I'm sure the Cowboys pass offense was more of a concern then the Titans will be. I wouldn't be surprised to see DL completely sell out against the run and play zone behind it. Send the pressure through the run blitz and make Collins get rid of the ball underneath...Make the tackle. The Titans will continue to go back to the run even though the Steelers will shut it down. It's on the offense to put points on the board and make the Titans O play catch-up. The games I watched, the Titans get frustrated when they can't run and look like they scramble to put a pass offense together. Kinda reminds me of the "Old School" Steelers. Play great defense...run the football...Pass when you have to. They don't play well from behind. This is actually a game where Young would be a better fit. Let's hope the D doesn't knock Collins out of the game because this defense can "tee-off" on Collins. Young scrambling could move the chains better than Collins arm against the Steelers. Collins would make better decisions throwing the ball...But that is his only option!

SidSmythe
12-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Choice & McClain had decent games against ONLY b/c our offense wasn't moving the ball and was giving it back just as quickly as they got it. 3 and outs puts a lot of pressure on the defense and it's amazing how the D has stepped up.

proudpittsburgher
12-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Choice & McClain had decent games against ONLY b/c our offense wasn't moving the ball and was giving it back just as quickly as they got it. 3 and outs puts a lot of pressure on the defense and it's amazing how the D has stepped up.

I'm not sure that was as much the reason with Choice as was the fact we were playing against the pass. Now McClain, on the other hand, I can't attribute to that.

JAR
12-16-2008, 09:59 AM
and if the Steelers win, the media will say it was because those two didn't play.. just watch. :evil:

proudpittsburgher
12-16-2008, 10:09 AM
and if the Steelers win, the media will say it was because those two didn't play.. just watch. :evil:

Well, if it's close, then maybe they have a point, but the Steelers running game isn't what has led us to wins recently, so it's moot. Either way, I think it's safe to say that Tennessee is a team on the decline and the Steelers are a team on the rise at this point. I also think most of those media types have the Steelers ahead of Tenn right now anyway. I really don't see any bias with that.

ramblinjim
12-16-2008, 10:34 AM
This makes a seemingly easy game (due to thier lack of production against Houston, and a bit of a regression since the Jets loss), even easier....

I actually don't fear going to Tenn whatsoever.... As long as our D continues to play strong, we are in the game... It would be nice, however, to get the offense in "gear" sometime other than the final drive of the game....

:Agree It would be nice to blow someone out again really soon so I can stop having heart attacks every Sunday. Really........

Oviedo
12-16-2008, 11:03 AM

Johnson will be a much bigger threat than White. We have problems with small, fast backs who can cut back because our defense is so aggressive in pursuit.

White will be stuffed just like Brandon Jacobs.

DBinAL
12-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Life without Albert Haynesworth hasn't been pretty for the Titans. Since 2004, they're 3-13 without him, including three consecutive losses last season.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-16-2008, 12:56 PM

I'm not sure that was as much the reason with Choice as was the fact we were playing against the pass. Now McClain, on the other hand, I can't attribute to that.

Give credit to the Ravens gameplan on that. Giving up a WR to put an overload (OT playing TE) to dictate the run was a good move. McClain was also the perfect RB for that move. The Steelers need a guy like that just for the Ravens. Sometimes...Football is just lining up across from somebody...And smacking them in the mouth!!! Control the clock and wear them down. Welcome to Steelers/Ravens football! Credit to the Ravens for conceding to that fact and gameplanning for it! But...Credit to the Steelers for taking the punches and finishing the fight!!!

proudpittsburgher
12-16-2008, 03:02 PM

Give credit to the Ravens gameplan on that. Giving up a WR to put an overload (OT playing TE) to dictate the run was a good move. McClain was also the perfect RB for that move. The Steelers need a guy like that just for the Ravens. Sometimes...Football is just lining up across from somebody...And smacking them in the mouth!!! Control the clock and wear them down. Welcome to Steelers/Ravens football! Credit to the Ravens for conceding to that fact and gameplanning for it! But...Credit to the Steelers for taking the punches and finishing the fight!!!

well said. That's why I wasn't overly gloating about this win. In fact, the Ravens earned a lot of respect in my eyes, both for their on the field play and for the postgame.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-17-2008, 10:22 AM

well said. That's why I wasn't overly gloating about this win. In fact, the Ravens earned a lot of respect in my eyes, both for their on the field play and for the postgame.

Same here. Beating the Ravens 3 times might be a difficult task. But I feel alot better about it now if we see them again. Showing their cards with the "Overload" or "Tackle Eligible" could be game planned for now. If we see it again, I expect the Steelers to give up a coverage guy and play a 4-4 with zone behind it. Take Clark off the field when they show 6 OL and bring Hoke in on the DL. Give up Terry in pass coverage and cover(line-up) him with Keisel. That will free up Harrison again and should shut down McClain. Also, when playing down & distance with 6 OL on the field, DL could shift the DL to the overload side and bring Woodley & Harrison opposite to rush the passer. Can't double team both and one will end up on a RB. I'm sure this type of defense will be designed if we see the Ravens again. I explained it now but DL probably knew it 3 plays into the Ravens first drive. The Steelers did pretty well out of the base 3-4 this time but there will be something in place for insurance.