PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mortenson of ESPN said it best

stlrz d
12-15-2008, 09:28 PM
The official's job is to get the call right, not rely on the crutch of indisputable evidence.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-15-2008, 09:31 PM
The official's job is to get the call right, not rely on the crutch of indisputable evidence.

Awesome quote ... what excellent insight! (... since the correct call was to our benefit, I love that guy!!).

stlrz d
12-15-2008, 09:55 PM

Awesome quote ... what excellent insight! (... since the correct call was to our benefit, I love that guy!!).

Dude I literally stood up out of my chair when he said it!

Yes Sir!

Mick'sTeam
12-15-2008, 11:42 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1huakesm]The official's job is to get the call right, not rely on the crutch of indisputable evidence.

Yes Sir![/quote:1huakesm]

Too bad non of my co-workers saw it, or if they did, I'm sure they chose to ignore it. No matter who we play, it seems that all of them are fans of our opposition come Monday, and all they do is complain about how the Steelers got lucky. To be honest, I shouldn't complain, I enjoy their jealously and being able to prove them wrong.

NKySteeler
12-16-2008, 12:01 AM
However the call is made, as long as they get it right when replay is required, makes me happy... Regardless of who it favors..... I just want to see the "right call".

AngryAsian
12-16-2008, 02:32 AM
6 guys screaming at me when they were reviewing it on MNF tonight while we played poker. We rewound and froze two of the angles they were viewing an both angles confirmed that the ball broke the plane. 5 of the 6 shut up except the one Dallas fan. Unbelievable. Anybody with a DVR has the evidence. Case close, so shut your pie hole Chris Collingsworth.

skyhawk
12-16-2008, 02:53 AM
[quote=SanAntonioSteelerFan][quote="stlrz d":27ej1gdb]The official's job is to get the call right, not rely on the crutch of indisputable evidence.

Yes Sir![/quote:27ej1gdb]

Too bad non of my co-workers saw it, or if they did, I'm sure they chose to ignore it. No matter who we play, it seems that all of them are fans of our opposition come Monday, and all they do is complain about how the Steelers got lucky. To be honest, I shouldn't complain, I enjoy their jealously and being able to prove them wrong.[/quote:27ej1gdb]

Of course they got lucky. But they put themselves in a position where a little "luck" is ok. Ben still made a great play.. So did Santonio. Even Ray Ray said that play didn't win or lose the game for them.

Did those complainers remember that the Steelers drive 92 yards against the best defense in the league (Steelers can't play themselves).

RKSteel
12-16-2008, 09:28 AM
[quote=SanAntonioSteelerFan][quote="stlrz d":36cepd0t]The official's job is to get the call right, not rely on the crutch of indisputable evidence.

Yes Sir!

Too bad non of my co-workers saw it, or if they did, I'm sure they chose to ignore it. No matter who we play, it seems that all of them are fans of our opposition come Monday, and all they do is complain about how the Steelers got lucky. To be honest, I shouldn't complain, I enjoy their jealously and being able to prove them wrong.[/quote:36cepd0t]

Of course they got lucky. But they put themselves in a position where a little "luck" is ok. Ben still made a great play.. So did Santonio. Even Ray Ray said that play didn't win or lose the game for them.

Did those complainers remember that the Steelers drive 92 yards against the best defense in the league (Steelers can't play themselves).[/quote:36cepd0t]
I was watching ESPN's Hot list and of course they were talking about the call. But one of the guys mentioned this. It was a great game and everyone should be talking about Ben taking the 92 YARDS against the 2nd best D in the league.

The call shouldn't matter, the Ratbirds had three chances to stop the Steelers on 3rd down and they failed. :ratsuck

SidSmythe
12-16-2008, 09:34 AM
I personally see it this way.

:ratsuck

ramblinjim
12-16-2008, 10:33 AM
[quote=SanAntonioSteelerFan][quote="stlrz d":ovjcll45]The official's job is to get the call right, not rely on the crutch of indisputable evidence.

Yes Sir![/quote:ovjcll45]

Too bad non of my co-workers saw it, or if they did, I'm sure they chose to ignore it. No matter who we play, it seems that all of them are fans of our opposition come Monday, and all they do is complain about how the Steelers got lucky. To be honest, I shouldn't complain, I enjoy their jealously and being able to prove them wrong.[/quote:ovjcll45]

I work with a Browns fan, we are nearly back to back and it has been a lot of fun this year making fun of her.

mshifko
12-16-2008, 10:48 AM
YES SIR

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-16-2008, 04:42 PM
6 guys screaming at me when they were reviewing it on MNF tonight while we played poker. We rewound and froze two of the angles they were viewing an both angles confirmed that the ball broke the plane. 5 of the 6 shut up except the one Dallas fan. Unbelievable. Anybody with a DVR has the evidence. Case close, so shut your pie hole Chris Collingsworth.

Collinsworth was the funniest on SNF. First he draws a line to show the plane of the goal line. Half of the ball is clearly across the line yet he somehow fails to mention this.

Later he whines about how the fans were robbed of the drama of watching them go for it on fourth down. What the F? Now we are more concerned about turning into a soap opera than making the correct calls?

Just plain weak.

SteelStallion
12-17-2008, 08:35 AM
It should have been called a TD on the field. And yes- 'getting it right' should be the number one priority. But where's the accountability?