PDA

View Full Version : Trying too hard by Big Ben, or just unfortunate sack-fumble?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-15-2008, 05:40 PM
It looked to me like he was trying to throw while being dragged down, rather than wrapping the ball up for a loss.

If that's the case, I'd chalk it up to just a remnant of how he used to be earlier in the season, before he got the smarts (short passes, take what they give you, and protect the ball). We won the game, and so it would be a powerful and no cost reminder about what not to do.

On the other hand, if he got blindsided and couldn't wrap up, sometimes there's nothing that you can do about that.

How did you guys see the play?

BURGH86STEEL
12-15-2008, 05:41 PM
It looked to me like he was trying to throw while being dragged down, rather than wrapping the ball up for a loss.

If that's the case, I'd chalk it up to just a remnant of how he used to be earlier in the season, before he got the smarts (short passes, take what they give you, and protect the ball). We won the game, and so it would be a powerful and no cost reminder about what not to do.

On the other hand, if he got blindsided and couldn't wrap up, sometimes there's nothing that you can do about that.

How did you guys see the play?

I think it was an INT. I think it was a dumb play. I believe it would've been a FG.

Jigawatts
12-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Just another example of Ben trying to make something happen. I think he was trying
to hit an open Miller. If he connects it's another great play.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-15-2008, 05:44 PM
It was Elway-esque.

SidSmythe
12-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Watching it from the sideline view, it looked stupid.
BUT when they showed it from behind, he was trying to get the ball to Miller for a 1st down.
The play call was the stupidest part of the whole play. It was the exact same play call that they ran against Dallas on 3rd and goal and Carey Davis was stopped at the 1. The Ravens were all over it and weren't even worried about the play fake.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
BUT when they showed it from behind, he was trying to get the ball to Miller for a 1st down.
The play call was the stupidest part of the whole play. It was the exact same play call that they ran against Dallas on 3rd and goal and Carey Davis was stopped at the 1. The Ravens were all over it and weren't even worried about the play fake.
garo yepremian had an intended target, too....

skyhawk
12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Why can't I remember this play? Did I block it from my memory?

When in the game did this happen? It was an interception?

SteelerOfDeVille
12-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Why can't I remember this play? Did I block it from my memory?

When in the game did this happen? It was an interception?
was ruled a fumble and not an int...
1st or 2nd play of the 4th quarter...

1:20 in this vid...
http://www.nfl.com/videos?categoryId=highlights

Steeler Shades
12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Just another example of Ben trying to make something happen. I think he was trying to hit an open Miller. If he connects it's another great play.
......otherwise another example of the offense squandering a scoring opportunity with a turn over. 8)

SidSmythe
12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
garo yepremian had an intended target, too....

:D :D :D :D :Beer

snarky
12-15-2008, 09:19 PM
I think the correct terminology is fumbleception.