PDA

View Full Version : Foote disappeared this year?

skyhawk
12-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Has anyone noticed how Foote is so quiet this season. Is not seeing his number too many times on plays a good thing or a bad thing.

I have always been a fan of Foote, but I think he has disappeared this season. Perhaps the great D is overshadowing him.

Perhaps it's time for Timmons to start? We might see it next year.

steelsnis
12-15-2008, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't say Foote has disappeared, but it does seem that Timmons is getting more and more playing time, especially during crunch time at the ends of games.

Let's hope he gets lots of snaps next week vs Tenn. because they seem to throw to the TE's quite a bit.

Oviedo
12-15-2008, 04:52 PM
He hasn't disappeared, but he is fading in the shadow of Lawrence Timmons.

Mel Blount's G
12-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Timmons is finally learning the position it would appear and since he has the athletic edge on foote, we'll probably see less and less foote.

SteelerNation1
12-15-2008, 05:32 PM
I actually think Foote has played well. He just doesn't make many "splash" plays.

BURGH86STEEL
12-15-2008, 05:37 PM
I think a lot of Foote's playing time is determined by the formations other teams run. If they put 3 WRs out on the field, I think Foote and Hampton come off the field. I do not think most teams want to line up and play against our 3-4 all game. Teams would rather play against our nickle package. One reason why some teams had some (Pats & Cowboys) success running against us. I think Foote's play has been solid for most of the season. We are lucky to have so much depth at the LB core. There are so many good players on this defense that players are going to be over shadowed. The most important thing is that they play well as a group.

Lebsteel
12-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Foote's production is way down this year, but he is not playing as much as previous years. For example, in '05 he had 102 tackles and this year he has only 50. I think he is still a solid player and hopefully will be willing to be a role player in the future as Timmons matures.

SidSmythe
12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
He had a couple nice run stops yesterday ... but the D-Line is doing some extra work this year. A Smith has like 53 tackles already. Pretty good for a 3-4 DE.

Timmons has taken some time from Foote too.

Chadman
12-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Larry Foote is one of Chadman's favourite players.

So it hurts to say this- the Steelers should look to move him out of the line-up & insert Timmons.

Timmons is the far superior player.

If Farrior hadn't been re-signed, Chadman would just asume Foote would move into Farriors spot next season.

But now, on the money Foote is making, and with Keyaron Fox on the roster as a back-up & Humpal on IR, maybe the Steelers could offload Foote next season?

A team might give the Steelers a 4th or 5th for him- & they'd be getting an absolute bargain.

Chadman would also look to trade Parker this off season & use Mendy, Moore & Russell while adding a running/catching FB.

And while on trades...if Holmes doesn't jump out of his funk soon, Chadman wonders if Nate does just as good a job for less money...