PDA

View Full Version : offensive holding calls

steelnavy
12-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Is there a place that maintains all statistics for this year? I would like to see how our holding penalties compare to other teams over the season. In another thread I started, I seriously cannot remember the last time the opponent was called for offensive holding, but we get called for it EVERY week (and just about every time it brings back a ten plus yard advance). If teams get called for holding on a regular basis during the season but somehow play penalty free against the Steelers, then something is extremely fishy.

What I would explicitly like to see is if most teams average a couple of holding calls per game (like us), EXCEPT when they play the Steelers.

Anybody know how to find the info? :Boobs

steelnavy
12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Ok, I just spent an hour googling stats and found ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

feltdizz
12-16-2008, 11:17 AM
I here you though... it's like the refs have us under a microscope for 3 quarters and anytime we get momentum they throw the flag...

but with our blitzing D the other teams rarely get called for holding...

thiese flags and dropped passes are the main reason our O looks so bad lately.

Iron Shiek
12-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey navy (or anyone)...go to this link:

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/smarterstats/2008/12/penalty-trends-for-playoff-teams.html

For some reason this article won't come up at work but here is the google description. May not be exactly what you are looking for, but it supposedly shows penalty trends for the playoff teams:

Smarter Stats: Penalty Trends for Potential Playoff Teams - The ...Dec 16, 2008 ... Smarter Stats. Recent Posts. Penalty Trends for Potential Playoff Teams ... Offensive Holding (Most) ... Offensive Holding (Fewest) ...

If you can access it, please post the contents here so I can read it. Thanks.

steelnavy
12-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey navy (or anyone)...go to this link:

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/smarterstats/2008/12/penalty-trends-for-playoff-teams.html

For some reason this article won't come up at work but here is the google description. May not be exactly what you are looking for, but it supposedly shows penalty trends for the playoff teams:

Smarter Stats: Penalty Trends for Potential Playoff Teams - The ...Dec 16, 2008 ... Smarter Stats. Recent Posts. Penalty Trends for Potential Playoff Teams ... Offensive Holding (Most) ... Offensive Holding (Fewest) ...

If you can access it, please post the contents here so I can read it. Thanks.

Just checked it out. The site says "under construction."

Oviedo
12-16-2008, 02:24 PM
They are non-calls not calls. It is an embarassment how refs are trying to protect QBs from Woodley and Harrison.

Think of the NHL 10 years ago where the refs blatantly manipulated games.

SteelerNation1
12-16-2008, 02:54 PM
They are non-calls not calls. It is an embarassment how refs are trying to protect QBs from Woodley and Harrison.

Harrison is held one out of every 1.5 plays on average. It is a joke.

flippy
12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
we get a lot of presnap penalties