PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence Timmons

flippy
12-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Kid keeps getting better.

His versatility is quickly turning him into one of our most valuable defenders.

He's a freak.

And I have a feeling he's going to be our best defender for the rest of this season.

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2008, 11:34 AM

He's a freak.

And I have a feeling he's going to be our best defender for the rest of this season.

He agree that he is certrainly showing promise, but that last sentence may be overstating it considering that our defense also employs James Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Aaron Smith, LaMarr Woodley, Ike Taylor, James Farrior, etc.

Oviedo
12-15-2008, 11:38 AM
When used as the pass defending LB, ala Derrick Brooks, that he was drafted to be he is lights out. His ability to drop back into coverage is second to none among the Steelers LBs.

The guy can be a major playmaker.

frankthetank1
12-15-2008, 11:42 AM
he had a great game. got in flacco's face on a couple third down plays and that hit on mason on a third down was beautiful

flippy
12-15-2008, 11:45 AM

He's a freak.

He agree that he is certrainly showing promise, but that last sentence may be overstating it considering that our defense also employs James Harrison, Troy Polamalu, Aaron Smith, LaMarr Woodley, Ike Taylor, James Farrior, etc.

We'll see.

Line him up outside of Harrison or Woodley and it's gonna be a good play for this defense 99% of the time.

And his coverage down field just keeps getting better and better.

He's turning into a combination of Derrick Brooks and Kendrell Bell.

I honestly see him becoming the best of our D.

And this is no disrespect to how good our other players are.

Oviedo
12-15-2008, 11:47 AM

He's a freak.

We'll see.

Line him up outside of Harrison or Woodley and it's gonna be a good play for this defense 99% of the time.

Remember he is a "bust." Go check the "experts" opinions on the Trib...ooops can't do that :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2008, 11:57 AM

He's a freak.

We'll see.

He has the talent to be elite...no doubt. I'm just saying that we have guys on our defense right now who are already elite. It would be amazing for anyone to outperform a lot of the guys on our defense who are having career years all at the same time.

RKSteel
12-15-2008, 12:03 PM

He's a freak.

We'll see.

Remember he is a "bust." Go check the "experts" opinions on the Trib...ooops can't do that :wink: Stole my post. :D

steelblood
12-15-2008, 12:07 PM
He has been fantastic. He has yet to prove that he can be stout against the run, but, to be fair, he hasn't got many opportunities to do so lately. I can't believe we get to watch this defense into the playoffs and, with the possible exception of BMac, for all of next year too. We are lucky.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-15-2008, 12:34 PM

He's a freak.

We'll see.

I said this before about Timmons. I think it was in the Trib. Based on his play this year. I haven't seen a LB that good in space since Derrick Brooks and a guy with that quick first step since Derrick Thomas! That is comparing him to some great LBs but he has shown the potential is there.

Chachi
12-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Remember he is a "bust." Go check the "experts" opinions on the Trib...ooops can't do that :wink:

Can't do that? :shock:

Ye of little faith (http://64.233.169.132/search?q=cache:b_IxdobHusYJ:discuss.pittsburghlive .com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D131397+timmons+bust&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=firefox-a).

Here is another one. (http://64.233.169.132/search?q=cache:pyZ0slT2lbYJ:discuss.pittsburghlive .com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D119805+timmons+bust+si te:discuss.pittsburghlive.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=43&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

Websites don't die.....they cache. :D

MeetJoeGreene
12-15-2008, 01:18 PM
hmmm. I might have to see if I can retrieve some of the photoshop contests that I feared were gone for good.

Can't do that? :shock:

Ye of little faith (http://64.233.169.132/search?q=cache:b_IxdobHusYJ:discuss.pittsburghlive .com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D131397+timmons+bust&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=firefox-a).

Here is another one. (http://64.233.169.132/search?q=cache:pyZ0slT2lbYJ:discuss.pittsburghlive .com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D2%26t%3D119805+timmons+bust+si te:discuss.pittsburghlive.com&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=43&gl=us&client=firefox-a)

Websites don't die.....they cache. :D

papillon
12-15-2008, 01:22 PM
I can't believe that they (The Trib IT folks) aren't sending out the bots with the nocache tag to clear all the old stuff from the internet cache.

MJG, here's hoping you cak locate your photoshops.

Pappy

mshifko
12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
timmons is so athletic it's unreal...he can close in a hurry and hit HARD

papillon
12-15-2008, 02:37 PM
timmons is so athletic it's unreal...he can close in a hurry and hit HARD

On that special teams tackle where he leveled the returner he simply appeared on the screen as a streak and knocked the snot out of the ball carrier. That return looked destined for another 10 yards and out of nowhere came Timmons with a thunderous hit.

He is a freak.

Pappy

SidSmythe
12-15-2008, 02:49 PM
He's awesome on madden too w his speed

SteelStallion
12-15-2008, 03:27 PM
He's a bust- don't you fools read pittsburghlive? :P

Definitely an awesome player. I don't know why he isn't starting and on the field every (or most) plays.

feltdizz
12-15-2008, 03:34 PM
That hit on the WR Timmons made???? WOW!!!!!!!

Jigawatts
12-15-2008, 03:38 PM
That hit on the WR Timmons made???? WOW!!!!!!!

That and the sack/fumble that knocked the Ravens out of field goal range.

He helped save the day with those two plays.

feltdizz
12-15-2008, 03:49 PM
I always said he would have a few plays that would hep win games and make people forget about the "he isn't a starter, he is a bust" nonsense.

Our LB's are amazing.

mshifko
12-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I always said he would have a few plays that would hep win games and make people forget about the "he isn't a starter, he is a bust" nonsense.

Our LB's are amazing.

yep...we are fortunate to have such a quality defense and an outstanding linebacking corps...

Chadman
12-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Aaah.....Sweet vindication at last!

It seemed for a long time that Chadman was fighting the Timmons fight alone.

Now.....well, now you see why Chadman was so keen to get him in Black & Gold.

Only 1 LB will be better from Timmons draft class- Patrick Willis.

pittpete
12-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Hate to be so picky but he has missed a few tackles in the last few games.
I wish younger players would learn to wrap up but hes looking good in pass defense and rushing the QB.
He should keep improving... :tt1 :tt1

SidSmythe
12-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Hate to be so picky but he has missed a few tackles in the last few games.
I wish younger players would learn to wrap up but hes looking good in pass defense and rushing the QB.
He should keep improving... :tt1 :tt1

Yeah, he did miss the sack on Flacco. He raised his hands instead of just going after him. Flacco ended up converting a 3rd down.
BUT he redeemed himself later in the game b/c he didn't make the same mistake and just went after Flacco.

He had a nice tackle on special teams too. I'd love to see him step up come playoff time and turn into a Special teams star.

:tt1

Steel Life
12-15-2008, 10:00 PM
About a month ago I was saying that he needed to replace Foote right then. The man is a weapon & he needs to be unleashed - especially in the playoffs.