PDA

View Full Version : 10 yard cushion , is it my imagination

Steelhere10
12-15-2008, 10:41 AM
are we playing a whole lot less and more bump N run.

SidSmythe
12-15-2008, 10:53 AM
No...
I think they are rolling the CB up to the FLAT on the weak side.

I noticed when they would have TWINS (2 WR's) the CB would be off, probably ready to cover the deep 3rd. But they would motion the slot man and the CB would come up and TROY would drop off, probably to cover the deep middle.

I hate TV .... i wish they'd provide alternative camera angles. Like on Madden

flippy
12-15-2008, 11:05 AM
No...
I think they are rolling the CB up to the FLAT on the weak side.

I noticed when they would have TWINS (2 WR's) the CB would be off, probably ready to cover the deep 3rd. But they would motion the slot man and the CB would come up and TROY would drop off, probably to cover the deep middle.

I hate TV .... i wish they'd provide alternative camera angles. Like on Madden

That's why we need good announcers who tell us about the things we can't see.

DukieBoy
12-15-2008, 11:07 AM
BMac was giving the cushion yesterday, several plays whether the ball was thrown his way or not.

papillon
12-15-2008, 11:12 AM
I believe that Lebeau has so much faith in the corners' ability to read a route and jump the short ones and make tackles that he has them play off the WR to give the perception of giving up the short stuff. There weren't many open receivers yesterday from what I could see. It's difficult to complain about the defense when they're playing like they have been all year.

Two hundred and two total yards and probably only 120 in the passing game, what's not to like?

Pappy

steelblood
12-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I believe that Tomlin has really helped this team's secondary. Since he has taken over, we have stopped blitzing Troy up the middle and dropped him into coverage more. His draft pick Gay has been very good (especially for a fifth rounder). Taylor and McFadden have improved. Clark is playing very well. They are the most improved part of this team.

Oviedo
12-15-2008, 12:05 PM
I believe that Tomlin has really helped this team's secondary. Since he has taken over, we have stopped blitzing Troy up the middle and dropped him into coverage more. His draft pick Gay has been very good (especially for a fifth rounder). Taylor and McFadden have improved. Clark is playing very well. They are the most improved part of this team.

I agree. The play of the entire secondary has improved over the past two years. We don't get picked apart anymore like we did under Cowher.

I think the biggest factor is Troy is no longer up on the line getting caught in the churn of the OL and DL. QBs have to be more hesitant and account for him before they throw every ball. An improved pass rush helps too.

papillon
12-15-2008, 02:04 PM

I agree. The play of the entire secondary has improved over the past two years. We don't get picked apart anymore like we did under Cowher.

I think the biggest factor is Troy is no longer up on the line getting caught in the churn of the OL and DL. QBs have to be more hesitant and account for him before they throw every ball. An improved pass rush helps too.

It has to be scary for a quarterback to throw deep into the middle of the field on the Steelers with the amount of field that Polamalu can cover from the time the ball leaves the QBs hands to actually getting to the receiver. They may look like they're open until you let it go and you realize that Polamalu is going to get there about the same time as the ball or before.

Pappy