PDA

View Full Version : Finally figured out what is up with Ari-ANUS...

JDSteeler
12-15-2008, 12:18 AM
...he has one less brain cell than my dogs private part!!!!

He should be shown the door, and never let back in.

How did this complete and total moron get a JOB as an OC?

When is MT gonna make this idiot accountable for his garbage
play-calls?

He is a momentum buster, a rally killer, and a complete buffoon
at drawing up a run play.

Basically, it comes down to the offense, NOT turning the ball over,
(which they did today, and needs to STOP), and just waiting to score
a TD with less than two minutes in the game.

Just happy with the WIN, and the fact that LeBeau has the Offense's
back, because Ari-ANUS is just a stinking BUM.

Hello Division Championship and a #2 seed. Next week it could be a
#1 Seed....if we can take care of the Tits..

PS...The Steelers need to keep the foot on the gas, I don't want them
to shut it down, feel good about themselves, then get upset when
they can't turn IT back on.

JD

:ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck :ratsuck

Mel Blount's G
12-15-2008, 12:41 AM
When is MT gonna make this idiot accountable for his garbage
play-calls?
:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

sd steel
12-15-2008, 01:07 AM
I thought the play calling wasn't bad, just the execution. We had drops and penalties that killed drives all night, and to top it off we won.

What's the deal with calling our OC, the same OC, that helped ben have his best season ever last year, stupid names? I don't get some of yinz.

SteelTorch
12-15-2008, 01:15 AM
I thought the play calling wasn't bad, just the execution. We had drops and penalties that killed drives all night, and to top it off we won.

What's the deal with calling our OC, the same OC, that helped ben have his best season ever last year, stupid names? I don't get some of yinz.
Yeah, mostly in SPITE of the playcalling. This year, he's having his worst season as a pro since '06.

Did you know that this year we play 6 top-ten defenses, 7 if you count the fact that we played Bmore twice? Last year, we only faced 2, 3 if you count Bmore again. I think it's fair to say that's a big reason we didn't struggle as much last year.

Mel Blount's G
12-15-2008, 01:16 AM

We are worst in the league at converting 3rd and 4th and ones. And I didn't think we got it on today;s 3rd and 1 but I'll take that spot fo sho

Yes, execution is a big part of it. But that comes from the top down, MT included. I also miss the imagination of whiz where a gadget play,or even just some "creative" plays like a shovel pass to hines, was done occasionally to make the d think a little more. The most creative play arians has is a reverse to nate washington

Or a screen

Or heath in the middle. We hit him ONCE and it was there all day I thought

Sorry SD, I just don't feel he's that good of an OC. I

Djfan
12-15-2008, 01:32 AM
He is also very predictable. The other defenses know when we are going to run most of the time, and when we are going to pass. They also know that most of our passes take long to develop so they have time to get to Ben.

He needs to do something to keep the LBs at home, and use a FB to spring FWP.

I agree. Get him out. Get a guy who knows the weapons we have. We should be lighting the other teams up. BA is the weak link.

flippy
12-15-2008, 08:28 AM
my biggest beef with BA is the amount of time it takes for him to get a call in....

every play, we're up against the play clock....

you can snap it when the play clock > 0....

SuperSize
12-15-2008, 11:07 AM
my biggest beef with BA is the amount of time it takes for him to get a call in....

I agree 100% with this point, it takes way too long to get the plays in.

For the rest of you, your anger should be directed at the players who dropped passes, committed penalties, and had turnovers. More than once yesterday a good play was called but wasn't successful due to the afore-mentioned gaffes.

Pete

JDSteeler
12-15-2008, 11:52 AM

Yeah the drops and penalties hurt, and that needs to be addressed.

And as someone else said...the Steelers are up against the best defenses
in the league every week, and they still find a way to WIN!!

But what I really get upset is when the Steelers finally get a good play,
and I'm looking for another to keep the defense on their heels, Ari-ANUS
calls that run UTM, to kill any small momentum or confidence that they had.

I still believe he is a MOLE, and attempts to sabotage the offense!!!!

JD

pfelix73
12-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I think Ben is doing that on purpose- running down the clock close to 0. And I like that.

BA is consistently a bad OC. His play calling is average at best. I still don't know how he ever got into the NFL from college. Who gave him his opportunity?

Oviedo
12-15-2008, 11:57 AM

I tend to agree with you. We are 11-3 but the OC is terrible. That doesn't tend to happen and execution has been an issue all year on offense. The WR drops yesterday prevented us from pulling away with yesterdays game.

The one thing he needs to fix is getting a FB in the backfield. On one play McHugh shifted to the FB position and the run was like a 5-6 yard game with him leading the way.

The other thing we don't know is that what we see may be exactly what Ben has asked for as far as formations. As far as playcalling, like I said before we don't know what plays are called because we don't know what Ben changes at the line. All we really know is the formation they initially line up in.

BURGH86STEEL
12-15-2008, 02:27 PM

I agree with you. I do not think Arians does as bad a job as most here. I fault the players more for not executing. They are the ones that make the mistakes on the field. Drops, poor blocking, missing open WRs, under throwing WRs, ints, fumbles, penalties ect fall under execution. That is something beyound the coaches control. All the coaches can do is continue to work on those areas with the players. Our offensive players have the talent to play better than they are right now. We heard some of the same complaints about play calling under Cowher. People will always disagree with the play calling.

Most people acknowledge that the Oline has not been consistant this year and needs to be improved. The OC can only work with the players he is given.

mshifko
12-15-2008, 02:31 PM
if we weren't 11-3, there is no way arians would still be here next season...but if we continue winning, will they actually can him? i would hope so, but for some reason i don't see it happening

RuthlessBurgher
12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
I think Ben is doing that on purpose- running down the clock close to 0. And I like that.

BA is consistently a bad OC. His play calling is average at best. I still don't know how he ever got into the NFL from college. Who gave him his opportunity?

Not right to zero, though. Because then defenders can just watch the play clock, and will get a great jump if they just take off right when they see the 1 change to a 0. If they don't snap it right then, the offense will be called for delay of game (the defense won't be flagged for encroachment).

SteelTorch
12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm telling yinz - he's a plant from Cleveland sent here to sabotage this team! They can't beat us on the field, so they're going to destroy us from the inside! :D

pittpete
12-15-2008, 09:51 PM
SAYS IT ALL

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq150/pittpete/firebrucearians.png

sd steel
12-16-2008, 01:49 AM
[quote="sd steel":3obcxskt]I thought the play calling wasn't bad, just the execution. We had drops and penalties that killed drives all night, and to top it off we won.

We are worst in the league at converting 3rd and 4th and ones. And I didn't think we got it on today;s 3rd and 1 but I'll take that spot fo sho

Yes, execution is a big part of it. But that comes from the top down, MT included. I also miss the imagination of whiz where a gadget play,or even just some "creative" plays like a shovel pass to hines, was done occasionally to make the d think a little more. The most creative play arians has is a reverse to nate washington

Or a screen

Or heath in the middle. We hit him ONCE and it was there all day I thought

Sorry SD, I just don't feel he's that good of an OC. I[/quote:3obcxskt]

I didn't say he was good, I said he didn't call a bad game against the 2nd best d in the league, and we won. No need to call him names today.

sd steel
12-16-2008, 01:54 AM
He is also very predictable. The other defenses know when we are going to run most of the time, and when we are going to pass. They also know that most of our passes take long to develop so they have time to get to Ben.

He needs to do something to keep the LBs at home, and use a FB to spring FWP.

I agree. Get him out. Get a guy who knows the weapons we have. We should be lighting the other teams up. BA is the weak link.

I read from someone "in the know" that our line is tipping plays which would also account for our innability to convert in short yardage situations. Is that Arians fault? Is the predictability being caused by keys the defense has found on film?

sd steel
12-16-2008, 01:57 AM

I agree, but at the same time Ben's head phone supposedly cuts out at the 15 second mark or something. Ben is the guy giving the defense the jump because when the play clock is 0 the defense knows it's time to go.

NKySteeler
12-16-2008, 02:08 AM
No need to call him names today.

Yea... His quinessential 1st and 2nd down predictable "off-right" run by Parker was part of a great "gameplan"..... Arians is freakin pathetic. Period. ... He needs to be gone whether we win every game throughout or not.... He is much more of a "hinderance" to this squad than a positive..... Memories are short with a series of wins under our belt, but there is a major issue there with his playcalling and lack of creativity....