12-15-2008, 12:03 AM
if the Ravens won the game on a overturned replay. :ratsuck

Flasteel
12-15-2008, 12:06 AM

Uhh...what?

Steelhere10
12-15-2008, 12:08 AM
other words , do you think it was the right thing to reverse the call ?

costanza2k1
12-15-2008, 12:10 AM

Whether it was right or not, isn't up to us to decide. That right belongs to the mob and Vegas. It happened now and we've been on the wrong end of a lot of calls. If the Ravens are butt-hurt about it then they should'nt have allowed us to drive 92 yards.

Jooser
12-15-2008, 12:10 AM

Crissy, that you?

steelcityrules!!
12-15-2008, 12:13 AM
luckily, the ball barely crossed into the endzone, and both his feet were down in the endzone, so no... it was the right call.

If i was so unlucky to be a ravens fan and that just happened to me?
I'd probably slap myself in the grill and vomit out of complete embarassment for wearing a purple sweatshirt around all day.

stlrz d
12-15-2008, 12:18 AM
If it was the right call I'd be bummed at the loss but not at the call.

buckeyehoppy
12-15-2008, 12:19 AM
They reversed the call on the field because Holmes had possession of the ball that had crossed the goal line and he (miraculously) maintained possession. That is called a touchdown. Even imbecile NFL referees know that much.

I wouldn't have been upset anyway...because they would have scored on 4th at the 1 foot line. Somehow, they would have found a way to get in.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-15-2008, 02:00 AM

If it was the right call then we would have to accept it.

If it was the wrong call then we'd be whining like a bunch of kindergarten kids.

I'm sure that the Ravens can go to sleep knowing that they lost the game after a call was corrected.

SteelerOfDeVille
12-15-2008, 02:12 AM
i'd be upset if it was on a play that i thought was inconclusive....

flippy
12-15-2008, 11:03 AM
No. There was still time on the clock.

I hate pinning everything on a single play.

There's 60 minutes of plays that determine a game.

1 play is just 1 play.

You need to be good enough so that a ref's call doesn't matter.

I'm glad we won, and I see potential in this team.

But we've got a long way to go to be where we need to be.

Let's do this!!!!!

proudpittsburgher
12-15-2008, 03:07 PM
You are all correct that this is ONE play in the course of the game, but it indeed dictated the winner of the game. I have to admit that I agree with most talking heads . . . I really do think it barely crossed the plane of the end zone, but I don't think it was conclusive enough to OVERTURN a call. for those blowing it off by saying "it would have been at the 1-inch line, and we would have scored anyway", juts look at every other fourth or third and inches we have had this season. If the roles were reversed, I would have been pizzed too. That being said . . . I really do think it crossed the plane of the end zone, and I really do think we would have won the game, one way or another, whether in regulation (going for it on fourth and 1) or in overtime (kicking the field goal)