PDA

View Full Version : NYC or Rockland County Steeler Bars?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi - Going to the Big Apple starting next weekend. I've done a search and come up with a few, but does anyone have personal experience?

Thanks!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Bump once, in case anyone knows of one that didn't see this the first time around.

Thanks!

Jom112
12-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Where in rockland are you staying? I grew up in the New City area.

I used to go to Bourbon Street to watch games in West Nyack. It's not a Steeler bar but they used to have .25 cent wings and good beer specials. I know they opened up a Big Bear (Another good bar) right down the street as well, so if the Bourbon street isn't that great anymore (it's been about two years since I've been there), you can always just walk down the street.

If don't mind spending some more money and want a place that has a lot of games on, Foxs Sports Grill in the Palisades Mall is decent, but around the holiday times I try to avoid that mall like the plague.

If you're in NYC, I used to go to Turtle Bay or another place whose names escapes my mind at the moment. Although I went to Turtle Bay for $1 beers on Thursday and beer pong. The other place I went to watch UFC fights, not sure how football games would be there, but if I remember the name, I'll pass it along.

What places are you thinking about currently?

pittpete
12-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Route 9 and I84 in southern dutchess there is a bar with %40 percent Steeler fans.
If you want, let me know my brother lives on City Island(still the good part of the Bronx) and watches the game with around 10 Steelers fans every Sundayat a bar named Fellas.
I of course am not allowed, because I get too angry and start breaking things.
Im serious, let me know.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-15-2008, 09:28 PM

I used to go to Bourbon Street to watch games in West Nyack. It's not a Steeler bar but they used to have .25 cent wings and good beer specials. I know they opened up a Big Bear (Another good bar) right down the street as well, so if the Bourbon street isn't that great anymore (it's been about two years since I've been there), you can always just walk down the street.

If don't mind spending some more money and want a place that has a lot of games on, Foxs Sports Grill in the Palisades Mall is decent, but around the holiday times I try to avoid that mall like the plague.

If you're in NYC, I used to go to Turtle Bay or another place whose names escapes my mind at the moment. Although I went to Turtle Bay for $1 beers on Thursday and beer pong. The other place I went to watch UFC fights, not sure how football games would be there, but if I remember the name, I'll pass it along.

Jom and Pittpete, you guys are awesome, thanks!!!!

I'll be staying in Nanuet, a bit closer than Duchess county, but Pittpete, if it doesn't work out in ROckland, I'll PM you if I can - thanks!

Hey Jom, thanks Dude for the local info. I grew up in Bergen County, but my Mom lives in Nanuet now. I'll call Bourbon Street and Big Bear, as you know West Nyack is just a hop/skip/and jump away. Palisades Mall- Foxes Sports Grill sounds like it could work if these other two don't.

BTW Jom - do you know if any of those are places I could watch the game with my 15 year old son? I don't know the bar/sports bar laws in NY anymore ...

Thanks again guys - I am so psyched, I am going to get to watch the Steelers whallop the Titans!!

pittpete
12-15-2008, 09:46 PM
NP

Jom112
12-15-2008, 09:58 PM

Jom and Pittpete, you guys are awesome, thanks!!!!

I'll be staying in Nanuet, a bit closer than Duchess county, but Pittpete, if it doesn't work out in ROckland, I'll PM you if I can - thanks!

Hey Jom, thanks Dude for the local info. I grew up in Bergen County, but my Mom lives in Nanuet now. I'll call Bourbon Street and Big Bear, as you know West Nyack is just a hop/skip/and jump away. Palisades Mall- Foxes Sports Grill sounds like it could work if these other two don't.

BTW Jom - do you know if any of those are places I could watch the game with my 15 year old son? I don't know the bar/sports bar laws in NY anymore ...

Thanks again guys - I am so psyched, I am going to get to watch the Steelers whallop the Titans!!

All three places are fine for kids. Bourbon and Black Bear (Not Big bear as I stated earlier) turn into clubs/bars are night but during the day they should be kosher.

Here's the link for Black Bear, which is probably your best bet during the holiday times: http://blackbearnyack.com/

Not the greatest of bars, but it's Rockland County. I'm sure White Plains and other places in the area are better but if you want to stay local, then one of the bars in West Nyack is probably your best bet. Just call ahead and make sure they'll have the game.

I'll ask my friends who still live in Rockland, which places they go to now. I'll try and update the thread later in the week if I find any better places...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Kool man, thanks Jom! If you don't mind, please PM me also, as the board is pretty active lately and I'd hate to miss it before it drops to the 2nd page.

Thanks again!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-20-2008, 12:45 PM
OK Jom and guys, it's looking good! I spoke to James the manager at Black Bear, he said he'd make sure my son and I are taken care of. We're in the Atlanta airport on the way to NY, my son and I have our Terrible Towels and Jerseys and hats packed ...

Can't wait .... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!

stlrz d
12-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Safe travels and enjoy the game!

Yes Sir!

:tt2

pittpete
12-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Pretty sure big delays.
We just got bombed here in upper NY with 12+ inches...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Yup, UB right, PittPete. We finally made it in, it is like a Christmas Wonderland here, fresh snow on the bushes and treetops, it's beautiful.

I'm here hoping the Ratbirds choke, then for a perfect weekend when we smash the Tittieboys into 2nd place in the AFC.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!

Jom112
12-21-2008, 05:09 PM
OK Jom and guys, it's looking good! I spoke to James the manager at Black Bear, he said he'd make sure my son and I are taken care of. We're in the Atlanta airport on the way to NY, my son and I have our Terrible Towels and Jerseys and hats packed ...

Can't wait .... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!

Glad to hear it worked out...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks again. We were there, and there were a few guys in Steeler jerseys. They had all the games on, but the sound on for the Steelers game only. They were really nice to us.

Too bad about the outcome, but thanks for the tips PittPete and Jom!