PDA

View Full Version : Stop grumbing about close games!

Captain Lemming
12-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I turn on my tv in Boise (no longer live in Maui) and the idiots here give us the wonderful gift of Denver vs Carolina.
Thankfully the game turns into a blowout and we move to a "more competitive" game during the third quarter.

Yes its selfish but thank goodness our game was close, I got to see the best part! :Beer

mshifko
12-14-2008, 09:32 PM
get nfl ticket BRO

Steeler Shades
12-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Maui to Boise? Who did you piss off? 8)

Captain Lemming
12-14-2008, 09:36 PM
get nfl ticket BRO

Yeah, I know.
Truth is the Steelers tough schedule gets them on the tube so much for free, I hardly missed any good games anyway.

mshifko
12-14-2008, 09:40 PM
get nfl ticket BRO

Yeah, I know.
Truth is the Steelers tough schedule gets them on the tube so much for free, I hardly missed any good games anyway.
yeah, but you can't beat seeing every nfl game...all season long

it's worth the price i think...i hate watching the steelers at a bar, it's not the same...i love to yell at arians in the comfort of my own home

Captain Lemming
12-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Maui to Boise? Who did you piss off? 8)

Yeah I get that all the time.
Sold my tiny Maui condo before the housing crash, had enough equity to drop cash here and buy a much nicer place free and clear.

No mortgage and a much lower cost of living, is worth it, especially since economic downturns really hurts Maui which depends entirely on disposable income. People there have huge house payments and are losing jobs as hotel occupancy declines. I did not foresee, anything but am happy I cashed out when I did.

I've actually been in Boise for over a year just had the Mauisteel name at the Trib site from before.

Steeler Shades
12-14-2008, 09:55 PM
I've actually been in Boise for over a year just had the Mauisteel name at the Trib site from before.
I remember your posts over at the Trib...you had a lot of good things to contribute. Glad you're here and congrats on "accidentally" getting out of Maui in time. 8)

costanza2k1
12-14-2008, 09:57 PM
I turn on my tv in Boise (no longer live in Maui) and the idiots here give us the wonderful gift of Denver vs Carolina.
Thankfully the game turns into a blowout and we move to a "more competitive" game during the third quarter.

Yes its selfish but thank goodness our game was close, I got to see the best part! :Beer

You're posts mean nothing to us unless we see your signature picture. :P

buckeyehoppy
12-14-2008, 10:48 PM

I thought you looked familiar! Welcome aboard Cap'n Lemming!

Smart move getting out of "paradise" to move to "god's country" if it meant living w/o a mortgage and w/ a smaller cost of living.

That probably means that you could afford DreckTV. Personally, I am waiting for The Ticket to be on Digital Cable. It's stupid as hell that the NFL only makes it available on satellite. Every other sports package I can get on cable except for the NFL's. That's BS from where I'm sitting. The league has deliberately cut out a market that they could expand on if they just offered their Sunday Ticket on Digital Cable.

I don't mind going out to see the Steelers when I can't see them at home. If I'm at a bar, it's good to be around other Steeler Faithful. If I'm lucky enough to go over someone's house with The Ticket, I try to make an effort to bring some good food and good beer to make it worth it.

Captain Lemming
12-14-2008, 11:39 PM
You're posts mean nothing to us unless we see your signature picture. :P

Requested Sig provided.
Cliff jumping rodent confidence restored.

costanza2k1
12-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Nice! Your posts seem up to snuff now...