PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Just Effing Wow!!

Flasteel
12-14-2008, 09:00 PM
This defense plus Ben Roethlisberger = Best team in the NFL! Two weeks in a row and we've all been treated to a front seat in how to win in the clutch. I'm drunk, ecstatic, and feeling a sixth Lombardi right now.

:ratsuck :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

kennyes
12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I'll raise you a :Boobs !

AngryAsian
12-14-2008, 09:01 PM
YES, SIR!!!

SidSmythe
12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
:Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

costanza2k1
12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
IT IS NOW ON PEOPLE!!!!!

:Beer
:Cheers

Steeler Shades
12-14-2008, 09:05 PM
IT IS NOW ON PEOPLE!!!!!

AFCN and a bye today..... AFC and home field advantage next week. :Clap :Clap
8)

costanza2k1
12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
IT IS NOW ON PEOPLE!!!!!

AFCN and a bye today..... AFC and home field advantage next week. :Clap :Clap
8)

Follow that up with you being at the game in Pitt and we win...redemption.

Ozey74
12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Homefield advantage here we come!!

mshifko
12-14-2008, 09:18 PM
we're playing the way i expected us to play from the get go...this a great football team, with a great head coach...our work is far from over, we have a lot to prove to ourselves however i think this team can make it happen...

YES SIR

Oviedo
12-14-2008, 09:20 PM
A win is a win. Take it however it happens. Maybe someone should start to wake up Ben before the 4th Qtr in games.

BURGH86STEEL
12-14-2008, 09:28 PM
A win is a win. Take it however it happens. Maybe someone should start to wake up Ben before the 4th Qtr in games.

I agree. I wish someone would wake up the players on offense sooner.

mshifko
12-14-2008, 09:31 PM

i know it...if we could start faster on offense, it'd help out a lot...

but the bottom line, we are pulling out games when we have to

NKySteeler
12-14-2008, 09:41 PM
It was a "nail biter" for me.... The adrenalin is still slow to wear-out...

Yes, the offense got a great game-winning drive going....

But my question is this: If the defense has an "off" day, do you have the confidence in this offense to carry the load and win a playoff game? ..... I am not sure, and could go either way on this answer...

mshifko
12-14-2008, 09:44 PM

But my question is this: If the defense has an "off" day, do you have the confidence in this offense to carry the load and win a playoff game? ..... I am not sure, and could go either way on this answer...

yes, we are a few drops away from putting up some major point imo...every big drop stalls a drive...if we get that short passing game going, the running lanes will be there...FWP looked quick today, keep pounding him with the FB and our offense could bail this defense out, IMHO...

MeetJoeGreene
12-14-2008, 09:47 PM
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I am still shaking.

That is all I can type.

:ratsuck

steelsun7
12-14-2008, 10:35 PM
That was freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

That 92 yrd drive was one of the best ever for Big Ben! Is it true that he had 89 yrds passing on that drive.WOW!!!!!!
I'm PUMPED

Lebsteel
12-14-2008, 10:43 PM
:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 HIGH FIVES to EVERYBODY!!!! :Boobs :Boobs :Boobs

Leper Friend
12-14-2008, 10:57 PM

yes, we are a few drops away from putting up some major point imo...every big drop stalls a drive...if we get that short passing game going, the running lanes will be there...FWP looked quick today, keep pounding him with the FB and our offense could bail this defense out, IMHO...Yes but the drops are there almost every week. Or Ben has an off day. Or the o-line sucks. They can never seem to gel. It's always something.I'd like to say they can do it too but nothing we've seen tells us they can. If anything,they're getting worse.

ground-n-pound
12-14-2008, 11:09 PM
I love this team. We may get ugly wins but a win is a win. This might just be the best defense that I have ever seen. I wont believe that any game is over until I see the clock expired. WOW WHAT A DEFENSE!!!!!

Leper Friend
12-14-2008, 11:13 PM
I love this team. We may get ugly wins but a win is a win. This might just be the best defense that I have ever seen. I wont believe that any game is over until I see the clock expired. WOW WHAT A DEFENSE!!!!!This defense is a joy to watch. Absolutely amazing at times.

That's why I get so frustrated at the offense.They just have to be average and they're not even that at times. Don't turn the ball over and give short fields , make sure the other offense has a long field every time. This D isn't going to give up more than 2 or 3 tops long drives a game.

Iron Shiek
12-14-2008, 11:18 PM

And no detractors can even say that Ravens were in prevent because they were still bringing the heat that last drive, our players just started executing much better...

DukieBoy
12-14-2008, 11:20 PM

Same thing would happen with the great teams in the 70's. It was almost like those Steelers were bored with the game until the other team, who came into the game inspired to beat the best, played it out, and then it was lights out so many times once the Steelers got inspired. Those Steelers didn't win them all either, but they won a bunch of them, and had some great rivalries too. That's my memory anyway, and I'm sticking to it.

Today's game was a game for the ages. It shouldn't have ended with anything but the closest of plays.