PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Game Balls: Week 14

SteelTorch
12-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Sorry for the delay, guys. My internet shorted out.

OFFENSE:

Who else, Big Ben! The "game manager" once again pulled off a 4th quarter comeback against the second-best defense in the league.

Runners up:

Hines Ward for making several clutch catches.

DEFENSE:

William Gay, for making the clutch INT at the very end.

Runners-up:

Timmons, a very close second! The sack-strip was clutch and that hit he laid on what's-his-face was awesome.

Steelers whole D-line for stuffing the run.

SPECIAL TEAMS:

Fox and Reed, Fox especially for fishing Holmes's ass out of the fire. :wink: However, our return game still needs work.

Lame Balls: Bruce Arians, Santonio Holmes, and whatever ref didn't call the holding on Harrison where he was practically choke-holded. Our offense still is not great, and probably never will be this season. Our WR's in particular need to upping their play. The O-line, considering the opposition, did fairly well.

Once again, great game Steelers. Just please, put teams away early so I don't get a heart attack every game! :tt2

SidSmythe
12-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Hines was huge today and no drops.

Nate was 50/50 today. came up big a few times but some frustrating times.

How about TIMMONS ... he came up w/ some HUGE 3rd down plays and a nice tackle on special teams.

Harrison should get a game ball for fighting holds and double teams all day.

NorCal-Steeler
12-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Ward and our kicker Reed

costanza2k1
12-14-2008, 08:58 PM
OFFENSE:

Big Ben and Hines Ward. 92 yard drive on a monster defense like that in their stadium. AMAZING.

DEFENSE:

Timmons with the clutch sack in the end.

Aaron Smith was a beast today.

SPECIAL TEAMS:

Reed. Good job on the FGs and saving a TD on the return.

buckeyehoppy
12-14-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm still breathing into my brown paper bag.

But, bottom line, CHAMPIONS WIN GAMES LIKE THIS!!! I think it is now safe to include the Steelers into the SB equation, for better or worse.

Let's award game balls...even if I'm pooped!!!

OFFENSE

Only one...Hines Ward!!! 8 Catches, 107 Yards!!! Hines is > $$$

DEFENSE

Wow...who to choose here...the D basically won this game single-handedly until the last drive.

I'll go with Aaron Smith. He's dealing with a lot of off-the-field stuff with his son right now and he gets this one on the biggest single D performance of the year in a year that has plenty of spectacular D performances.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Skippy...yet again...gets the GB here. 3 key FGs to keep us in the game and beating down a Rattard when he deserved it (even if it cost us 15 yards). Skippy's a STUD!!!

On to Nashville!!! Win out and it's two home playoff games!!!

steelsnis
12-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Timmons gets a HUGE game ball from me today. His massive hit on Mason fired the entire team up, and his sack and strip of Flacco took Baltimore out of field goal range, which led to the final drive by Big Ben.

You never know how the Steeler offense would have worked if Baltimore is up by 6 instead of 3.

Also Hines gets a game ball. All the talk of bounties and revenge and what does he do? Over 100 yds receiving with some incredibly clutch catches. Gotta love it!

-steve

SteelTorch
12-14-2008, 09:04 PM
D'oh! I forgot about Timmons. Well, like the resfs, I don't reverse my calls, but I'll add him.

stlrz d
12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Ward - clutch when it counted.

Farrior - came back from that stinger to have 8 tackles and 4 assists.

Mel Blount's G
12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Hines Ward.

mshifko
12-14-2008, 09:25 PM
offense: big ben...game winning drive, played great all game...
runner up: hines ward...big plays when we needed them

defense: lawrence timmons...big hit, big sack
runner up: aaron smith...stout as usual against the run and was able to disrupt things

special teams: keyaron fox...heads up play on the fumble and big plays on coverage
runner up: jeff reed...being a badarse haha

mshifko
12-14-2008, 09:34 PM
you could very well give it to hines, ben, or timmons...

toddjammin
12-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I got to give it to Ben for driving us down the field for the winning score.
There's no other QB I would rather have for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

costanza2k1
12-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Hines Ward.

***Mod Note***

Dup topics merged.

DukieBoy
12-14-2008, 10:05 PM
TIMMONS.

STARKS. Can't beleive I am saying so.

BEN. Building his legend as a clutch QB (wish he'd play that way all game)

IKE.

birtikidis
12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
the only guy that was consistent on offense all game was hines. he's the only guy on o i give a game ball to.
defense is another story. wow.