PDA

View Full Version : ...a mind-numbing weight!

buckeyehoppy
12-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Whatever you might think of Dan Dierdork, he just made a spot-on $$$ observation. It went something like this...

"I guess we've reached the point where we can casually say somebody weighs 366#. That is a mind-numbing weight."

...mind you, Dierdork is not a small man. When he says that, you take notice!

I have more to say on this in a future subject. But that was an spot-on, if not disturbing, observation by the pride of Canton GlenOak.

birtikidis
12-14-2008, 02:56 PM
umm... what the hell are you talking about?

Steeler Shades
12-14-2008, 03:12 PM
He is talking about an offensive linemans' weight and how matter of fact we are about players now weighing more than 350 lbs. 8)

stlrz d
12-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I thought someone asked Dierdorf what it's like when his wife sits on his face. :lol:

SidSmythe
12-14-2008, 03:33 PM
umm... what the hell are you talking about?

Ditto

buckeyehoppy
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
He is talking about an offensive linemans' weight and how matter of fact we are about players now weighing more than 350 lbs. 8)

Shades: You would be the winner of the Chrysler Cordoba on this one.

BTW...OT...but she is totally hot!!!

Dierdork was referring to an OL during the Jets/Bills coverage (I don't exactly remember who, specifically). You have to look at Dierdork, an interior lineman when he played, and remember that the guys he played against rarely weighed in excess of 290#+, much less 300#+.

There's something to be said about that as a statement coming from Dierdork.

Smythe and Birt, I hope that shed a little light on where I was going.

FWIW, when you have to be 300#+ just to factor into the OL equation in the NFL or as a DT or NT that is an alarming trend. It is not a healthy weight for most of the guys in the league and some are approaching the 400# threshold, whether it is listed or not.

buckeyehoppy
12-14-2008, 04:11 PM
I thought someone asked Dierdorf what it's like when his wife sits on his face. :lol:

I didn't think about that...but that might also be the case. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steeler Shades
12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
.. It is not a healthy weight for most of the guys in the league and some are approaching the 400# threshold, whether it is listed or not.
It's not a healthy weight for any human. I wonder how tall you'd need to be for 350+ lbs to be considered your "ideal" body weight by the AMA (or whoever figures those things). Can't be good for almost any part of your body. 8)

buckeyehoppy
12-15-2008, 12:37 AM
.. It is not a healthy weight for most of the guys in the league and some are approaching the 400# threshold, whether it is listed or not.
It's not a healthy weight for any human. I wonder how tall you'd need to be for 350+ lbs to be considered your "ideal" body weight by the AMA (or whoever figures those things). Can't be good for almost any part of your body. 8)

I suppose if you are tall enough, 300# could be in range. But, I'd imagine you'd need to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 6' 8" at least. There aren't too many guys that tall in the NFL. So, I would guess that not too many guys are justified in weighing in excess of 300#.

I am working on a future topic regarding this and other issues in the NFL. I'll be posting this on my blog, but will copy it here. But I don't see any use in having players in the NFL who are risking future health to be large enough to be utterly immovable. This was never the case until about 15 to 20 years ago on even a small scale and now everyone is this big...sheesh!