PDA

View Full Version : Super Ad Contest

NKySteeler
12-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Jeff Reed and Arnold Harrison are featured in a competition against others in the AFC North in the NFL promotion “Super Ad: Believe in Now.” The contest has various players tell personal stories relating to their NFL careers, and fans can now vote for them until Dec. 17 at http://www.nfl.com/superad . The winning story will air during Super Bowl XLIII.

Reed shared the story of his tryout with the team on a Tuesday in November 2002, and Harrison told the story about his first NFL game being Super Bowl XL.

“I had never kicked on a field like that or in those conditions in my life,” said Reed. “There were high school uprights, there was sleet and it was windy. “We went back to the locker room and they said, wait here, Kevin Colbert and Coach (Bill) Cowher need to talk to you. There were three other guys and I was last. I went up and they congratulated me.”

In 2005, Harrison was a rookie free agent who spent the year on the practice squad, only to be activated for Super Bowl XL.

“I told them about my coming-out party for the league,” said Harrison. “My first game was the Super Bowl. I was on the practice squad for the first 16 weeks. I got activated right before the Super Bowl. That was my first game. There aren’t many people who can say that.”

-------------------------------

Everyone should go to the link and vote for one of the Steelers to move-on to the next round.

flippy
12-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Harrison should win hands down.

What better story for the SuperBowl.

Plus he'd been cut 4 times.

Going from 4 cuts to league MVP in his second full season.

He's the best story in the NFL.

birtikidis
12-14-2008, 02:55 PM
flippy the ad is for ARNOLD harrison not James...

stlrz d
12-14-2008, 03:09 PM
flippy the ad is for ARNOLD harrison not James...

If I may respond for Flippy...never mind!

http://affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/imagesemily-litella-1-small.jpg

:lol:

RuthlessBurgher
12-14-2008, 03:17 PM
It's too bad Arnold Harrison will not be able to be playing in his second Super Bowl with his Steeler teammates when his commercial airs (since he is on injured reserve).